Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nikos Pappas

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nikos Pappas

This guy is money in the bank. Greek 22 year old shooting guard undrafted, with huge upside.
    Currently a free agent, B.C. or Gherardini should definitely take a look, possibly bring him in for training camp.
    Best young player in the Greek league last year and he only played for the last half of the season.

KW

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is he money in the bank? Took a quick look at his draftexp profile and it says he cant get to the rim very well due to physical limitations but he would be fine for the Euro league. Do you disagree?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHbTib6EDo

Recognize any team USA players.

KW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote knucklewrap wrote: View Post
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHbTib6EDo

Recognize any team USA players.

KW.
    Just one...Gordon Hayward. Not sure what you mean...I am sure the Greek and USA teams of various age groups have played each other many times...as they do against many other countries. Is that some kind of qualification? Roko Ukic looked good on tape too. Scouting is pretty good these days. All I can say is if he was a nugget some team in the NBA would have sniffed him out (Spurs?).

Sorry but he just doesn't jump off the material I have seen on him....along with his defense rating and 26% 3pt shooting.

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp...layerID=108731

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Good spotting Bendit, Seth Curry also played on that team, and they went on to beat Greece in the final of the 2009 under 19
    World championship in a very entertaining game.
    I've been following Nikos last couple of years in the Greek league, and he seems to bring a lot of intangibles that don't translate well on the stat sheet. He plays with a lot of heart and a chip on his shoulder, he is not afraid of contact, and will take the ball to the rim for the foul, or, the and-one. He can create his own shot, and has the ability to control a game with great court-vision and smarts. Reminds me of Ginobilli/Garbajosa, definitely the anti- Bellinelli/Kapono.

I'm not saying the Raps should sign him to a multi-year, multi-million dollar offer, but just bring him in for a look come training camp.

KW.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, but here's what I found.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy can he create his own shot.

KW.
    Last edited by knucklewrap; Mon Jul 23rd, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't Niko have a cousin who runs a taxi service in Liberty City?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

I am one who is pro trying to mine the Euro leagues for talent. Gherardini has been a disappointment in terms of not coming up with a "Nikos" for the Raptors the last few years. Dont know how much he had to do with the JV pick. I know what you mean about intangibles which is often overlooked.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Greek A1 round 3 best performance: Nikos Pappas.

The kid is lighting it up in the Greek league. James Harden like stats in his last game.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Greece/bas...?NewsID=293356

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Great numbers in the Eurocup league.

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eur.../i/104506/3735

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

He looks good. He also looks like a sg. If he was a sf maybe, but I really think the Raps need mature, developed players now. We have too many young kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Raps can't be choosers when it comes to talent. Dude reminds me of Ginobili kinda.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a new video of Nikos Pappas:

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Greek A1 round 15 best performance: Nikos Pappas - Feb 5, 2013

POSTED BY:
    EUROBASKET NEWS
    * follow us on**

Nikos Pappas
    Former international guard Nikos Pappas (195-G-90, agency: FCM) had a very impressive game in the last round for Panionios, receiving a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 15.
    The 22-year old player was the main contributor (25 points, nine rebounds and four assists) to his team's victory, helping them to crush Peristeri GS (#10, 5-10) with 22-point margin 91-69. Panionios maintains the 3rd position in Greek A1. They are still close to the very top. Panionios would have been even better if they kept winning the games like in the last round. They have a solid 12-3 record. In the team's last game Pappas had a remarkable three three-pointers out of 7 attempts. He turned to be Panionios' top player in his first season with the team. Nikos Pappas has solid league stats. He is league's best scorer averaging so far 18.7ppg. Pappas is in league's top in assists (9th best: 3.3apg) and averages impressive 50.8% FGP.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Highlights of his last game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVRIsXZkqo.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The word in Greece is that big Euroleague clubs like Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Fenerbahce, CSKA, Efes, all want Pappas and will be offering him a lot of money and Panionios a big buyout this summer.

So, it seems very unlikely that he plays in the NBA next season, although he certainly should get NBA offers. But they probably will offer the rookie minimum, which will be way, way, way less than what those big Euroleague clubs will offer.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does he play above avg defense?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote knucklewrap wrote: View Post
    This guy is money in the bank. Greek 22 year old shooting guard undrafted, with huge upside.
    Currently a free agent, B.C. or Gherardini should definitely take a look, possibly bring him in for training camp.
    Best young player in the Greek league last year and he only played for the last half of the season.
    So he's a wing and would be behind Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Fields, and possibly Anderson on the depth chart in training camp.

Color me excited...

I don't understand why but there is almost always an active thread about a "young talent" the Raptors should acquire/take a look at who would be nothing but an end-of-bench or "DNP - Coach's Decision" on this board. In my opinion, we do not need more Kris Joseph talent-type players if we want to move forward.

Thread Information