Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think Calderon will be come training camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Dallas trade talk, where art thou?
    Dallas was all about getting him via amnesty - especially after the Collison trade.

The only way the Mavs can get him is to trade Marion and from a Raptor perspective that would be horrible.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Dallas was all about getting him via amnesty - especially after the Collison trade.

The only way the Mavs can get him is to trade Marion and from a Raptor perspective that would be horrible.
      The Matrix way past his prime?! Horrible? Matt you're on bath salts! #sarcasm

Anything happening with Jose IMO comes at deadline, but him suring up the second unit, & being a true professional, it also seems unlikely..

Damn all these smokescreens! BC and Casey are doing a good job at hiding things..
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I can't see them giving him away for nothing at the trade deadline as JLIII as a backup would be a pretty large drop off. But that depends on if they are actually fighting for a playoff spot I imagine, along with what players are available by deadline time.

I have always liked Jose as a Raptor and I would not be disappointed to see him back with a new contract that would suit a 30 yr old backup pg. But I don't blame his agent for trying to get him out of T.O. and into a better situation where he can produce more and be paid accordingly. This is his last shot at a long term deal and even the biggest BC critic here could not imagine the Raptors giving him one in Toronto.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
          I can't see them giving him away for nothing at the trade deadline as JLIII as a backup would be a pretty large drop off. But that depends on if they are actually fighting for a playoff spot I imagine, along with what players are available by deadline time.

I have always liked Jose as a Raptor and I would not be disappointed to see him back with a new contract that would suit a 30 yr old backup pg. But I don't blame his agent for trying to get him out of T.O. and into a better situation where he can produce more and be paid accordingly. This is his last shot at a long term deal and even the biggest BC critic here could not imagine the Raptors giving him one in Toronto.
          I feel his best deal where he'll get great playing time/good money is in Toronto..

I've scanned through all the teams, and with the new breed of athletic, scoring, quick, defensive point guards, he seems to be either a starter for a very, VERY talented team like Miami (where pay would be very minimum there). OR, off the bench, because the only teams I look at without great/high potential point guards, are Orlando and Utah. Orlando most likely going into rebuild, not wanting to take up cap for a 30 year old, and Utah seems like the only candidate where he would start and get money.

I just feel if he wants the best of both worlds, Toronto would be likely be the place... He'd still get a good amount of money, good amount of playing time, and be leader on a young team. Sounds good to me if that were the pitch. Maybe not 10$ million, but 3-4$ million sounds reasonable to me.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            ...I just feel if he wants the best of both worlds, Toronto would be likely be the place... He'd still get a good amount of money, good amount of playing time, and be leader on a young team. Sounds good to me if that were the pitch. Maybe not 10$ million, but 3-4$ million sounds reasonable to me.
            I like this train of thought. Makes sense for JC as well, unless all he cares about is the ring.

Comment

Working...
            X