Where the Raptors will finish in the east

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyTEAM4Life wrote: View Post
    Bucks wont make playoffs - they have no center and 3 powerforwards with limited offensive games and 2 point guards who score and hog the ball
    The Bucks got Samuel Dalembert for free.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote:
      Why would they move at all in May?

Thats a very good question.....FAIL.

Thanks edited.

Comment

MyTEAM4Life wrote: View Post
        Why does everyone think the bulls will make the playoffs - even if they have their coach - they lost Asik, they lost rose, their bench has been gutted (only taj remains) - who will score for them - they will be the raptors from last year - good defence but absolutely no Offense
        I have them in the playoffs for the following reasons:
        1. Great coach that gets them to play not just good defense, but elite defense
        2. Veteran team
        3. Deng and Boozer will get more touches and both are capable of being 20 point scorers
        4. Everyone else at the bottom of the playoff race is just that bad.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          I have them in the playoffs for the following reasons:
          1. Great coach that gets them to play not just good defense, but elite defense
          2. Veteran team
          3. Deng and Boozer will get more touches and both are capable of being 20 point scorers
          4. Everyone else at the bottom of the playoff race is just that bad.
          -1 - very wrong assessment (Boozer is done, Deng cannot get his own shot, heinreich is a SG - bulls are out of playoffs)

Comment

You guys are putting a lot of faith in the Knicks
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Premature thread. Great one for October.

But I'll play along:

1. Heat
              2. Pacers
              3. Celtics
              4. Nets
              5. Knicks
              6. Bulls
              7. Hawks
              8. Raptors
              9. Bucks
              10. Sixers
              11. Wizards
              12. Pistons
              13. Cavs (injuries)
              14. Bobcats
              15. Magic
              This +1

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                You guys are putting a lot of faith in the Knicks
                Where do you have them? I think 7th is reasonable. I don't think they're that good by any means nor do I think they can get past the first round of the playoffs, but they have enough talent to make it in.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

1 Miami
                  2 Indiana
                  3 Boston
                  4 Knicks
                  5 Nets
                  6 Atlanta
                  7 Philly
                  8 Raps
                  9 Washington
                  10 Bucks
                  11 Chicago (just a hunch that they want to suck to get good pick since rose is out anyways possibly trade deng as well.)
                  12 Cleveland (without bynum)
                  13 Orlando
                  14 Detroit
                  15 Charlotte

Comment

I think we can all agree that at best we'll be a 7 or 8 spot team.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      Where do you have them? I think 7th is reasonable. I don't think they're that good by any means nor do I think they can get past the first round of the playoffs, but they have enough talent to make it in.
                      Bottom of the Atlantic (division)
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
                        I think we can all agree that at best we'll be a 7 or 8 spot team.
                        agreed, definitely 7-10 range
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

1: Miami Heat
                          2: Boston Celtics
                          3: Brooklyn Nets
                          4: Indiana Pacers
                          5: New York Knicks
                          6: Chicago Bulls
                          7: Toronto Raptors
                          8: Washington Wizards

9: Cleveland
                          10: Milwaukee
                          11: Atlanta
                          12: Orlando (assuming Dwight Howard is gone)
                          13: Detroit
                          14: Charlotte

Jason Kidd will really turn the Knicks around in my opinion, him and Felton will be a really nice back-court.
                          Washington is being run by an inconsistent talent, whatever happens with him and Beal will be the story of next season.
                          Chicago's former MVP and his injury will be a step-back, but that doesn't take away anything that this team was very good without him.
                          Indiana, with the addition of DJ Augustin, retaining of Hibbert and George, and after a nice playoff run and match-up against Miami, I see the team growing and improving.
                          Brooklyn is still an 'iffy' for me, whether Humphries really is what he is (good stats on bad teams), the injury problems for Lopez, and the overall chemistry. Team looks good on paper, so I'll give them a top 3.
                          Boston with the additions of Jason Terry, and Courtney Lee, they've added youth and very good production in the back-court. Added young bigs Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger (possibly a draft steal), this is a re-tooled team, IMO, better than last season.
                          Miami. Well, LeBron James, say anything more? Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis to the fold?
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I agree with RaptorReuben's comments, except for two things:

I think Kidd is done. I don't think he brings anything positive to the table at this point. I guess one plus is that the Knicks dont need a penetrating point guard (although Lin showed that one helps. And Felton is a below average guard. I think that the knicks backcourt is going to be a disaster. I'm actually leaning more and more to thinking they will miss the playoffs unless Stoudemire really steps up his play.

Also, I think the bulls will really miss asik, Korver, etc.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
                              I agree with RaptorReuben's comments, except for two things:

I think Kidd is done. I don't think he brings anything positive to the table at this point. I guess one plus is that the Knicks dont need a penetrating point guard (although Lin showed that one helps. And Felton is a below average guard. I think that the knicks backcourt is going to be a disaster. I'm actually leaning more and more to thinking they will miss the playoffs unless Stoudemire really steps up his play.

Also, I think the bulls will really miss asik, Korver, etc.
                              Yeah really starting to think, New York will be an interesting watch.

For Chicago, additions of Marquis Teague, and Kirk Hinrich should hold good ground for them. Even though they lose size, and shooting, they add a good point guard and a good shooter. Plus this thread is pre-mature, Chicago may not be done making moves.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

1: Miami Heat ( no repeat)
                                2: Toronto Raptors ( Young Guns with defense)
                                3: Boston Celtics (too Old)
                                4: Indiana Pacers (ok)
                                5: New York Knicks ( pure crap )
                                6: Chicago Bulls ( No Offense )
                                7: Brooklyn Nets ( no chemistry )
                                8: Washington Wizards (Hope)

9: Cleveland
                                10: Milwaukee
                                11: Atlanta
                                12: Orlando
                                13: Detroit
                                14: Charlotte