No announcement yet.

Where the Raptors will finish in the east

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Toronto at 11-7, though 7th seed would be crazy.

Why are the Knicks so high on the majority of the lists? I see them as a 8th-6th seed, not a 6th-4th seed. I really do not think they are good enough to have home court for the 1st round...

Comment

7th or 8th aint far fetched. With the players we got, we could become a elite defensive team and above average offensively

Comment

If Deng or Boozer go down, Chicago is in trouble.

Given the current situation of Deng and the history of Boozer, I'd be nervous as a Bulls fan.

Comment

why is everyone so sold on the nets being a top 4 seed? they have a weak bench and Joe Johnson isnt even that good. I put them 5-7 seed.

1- Heat
          2- Pacers
          3- Celtics (healthy)
          4- Philidelphia
          5- Chicago
          6- Knicks
          7- Brooklyn
          8- Hawks
          9-Raptors
          10- Bucks (ellis and jennings take too long to gel)
          11- Magic (the dwightmare ends at the deadline)
          12- Cavaliers
          13- Wizards
          14- Pistons
          15- Bobcats

Comment

I was wondering whether the Bulls would pull a Spurs by bottoming out this year to get a high draft pick and good young players to pair with Rose next year. It looked a bit like that a couple of weeks ago with the Deng trade rumours, the Boozer amnesty rumours and getting rid (or just not re-signing) their benchplayers. But I have no clue what their plan is for next year now; it looks like hoping (praying) Rose comes back quicker than projected and at a high level at that.

Comment

If Rose is actually out till march the bulls are boned. They're a overrated team as is. You really think Hinrich will keep them treading water? He's a good backup at best.

I think Magic, Knicks and Bulls are out. Raps, Bucks and Nets are in.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                I was wondering whether the Bulls would pull a Spurs by bottoming out this year to get a high draft pick and good young players to pair with Rose next year. It looked a bit like that a couple of weeks ago with the Deng trade rumours, the Boozer amnesty rumours and getting rid (or just not re-signing) their benchplayers. But I have no clue what their plan is for next year now; it looks like hoping (praying) Rose comes back quicker than projected and at a high level at that.
                Yeah if im the bulls I just call this season a wash and get a lotto pick talent infusion. It's the only way they're gettin it with their cheap owner and I don't see them making the playoffs if Rose is our till march.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  1: Miami Heat
                  2: Boston Celtics
                  3: Brooklyn Nets
                  4: Indiana Pacers
                  5: New York Knicks
                  6: Chicago Bulls
                  7: Toronto Raptors
                  8: Washington Wizards

9: Cleveland
                  10: Milwaukee
                  11: Atlanta
                  12: Orlando (assuming Dwight Howard is gone)
                  13: Detroit
                  14: Charlotte
                  \Did the 76ers go to Eurobasket?

Comment

I could see the sixers out and pistons in as well
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                      why is everyone so sold on the nets being a top 4 seed? they have a weak bench and Joe Johnson isnt even that good. I put them 5-7 seed.
                      Lopez, with all his faults, is one of the elite postplayers, probably one of the top 2/3 low post players. Johnson might be perceived as not that good, but he is a multiple allstar for a reason and Williams is arguably the most complete pointguard in the league. I think this big three could be a very good match.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        Lopez, with all his faults, is one of the elite postplayers, probably one of the top 2/3 low post players. Johnson might be perceived as not that good, but he is a multiple allstar for a reason and Williams is arguably the most complete pointguard in the league. I think this big three could be a very good match.
                        I think this team could be elite in the future, but next season i see them going 6-8 seed. They need some time to build their chemstry and learn how to play together. this situation can compare to the Heat's first year with the big three (yes they did make the finals but there was countless flaws that were perfected last season)
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

What Rockets fans think?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=224103
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I don't think the Nets will take a season to work things out. Think about the Celtics: they won the first year they were together. Not that the Nets are winning anything, but you know what I mean. Miami took more time because Wade and Lebron basically don't complement each other in any traditional way, so they had to adjust.

And with the Nets, don't forget about Gerald Wallace. He is very, very good. Like I said in the opening post, I think their starting lineup is the second best in the west. They have two multiple all-stars and two guys just under that level (Lopez and Wallace), and Humphries is an above average power forward. The main concern will be if they will play good defence.

Comment

Raptors will sneak in there with the 7th or 8th seed.

Raptors Are Stacked.
                              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
                                Like I said in the opening post, I think their starting lineup is the second best in the west.
                                Except they're in the East...
                                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Working...
                                X