Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Great link! Thanks for posting!

Very interesting to see what Rockets' fans think about our chances to get into the playoffs.

They say pretty much the same things that we say, but it is interesting that 2-3 of their posters thought that Toronto could be one of the most improved teams in the league, or that we might be one of the surprising teams, in terms of doing well. However, I think they would peg an overachieving raptors team as a 7th seed as the ceiling.

1) Heat

2) Celtics
    3) Pacers

4) Nets
    5) Knicks
    6) Hawks

7) 76ers

8) Magic (This is assuming that Dwight isn't traded until the deadline)
    9) Bulls
    10) Raptors
    11) Pistons
    12) Bucks
    13) Wizards

14) Cavs

15)Charlotte
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed Jul 25, 2012, 12:10 PM.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

1. Heat (duh)
      2. Pacers (continue to grow internally, valuable playoff exp)
      3. Bulls (still a good team without Rose, somehow believe they can be a top team)
      4. Celtics (around what they were last year)
      5. Knicks (full training camp and practice sched. under Woodson will do wonders, better bench)
      6. Nets (not as good as everyone on here has them pegged--need a dominant big)
      7. 76ers (Doug Collins - enough said)
      8. Hawks (the loss of Johnson was eased by some saavy, under the radar moves)
      9. Raptors (stone cold pimps, could easily be in the 7 or 8 spot, staying healthy is the key)
      10. Wizards (this is John Wall's year to shine)
      11. Bucks (If Ersan goes off, they will be better than this...but he might not get a touch all year with jennings and ellis at G)
      12. Orlando (Howard is gone by start of season)
      13. Cleveland (Dion Waiters was not the right choice, they will wait another year---but Bynum makes them a playoff team)
      14. Detroit (will continue to suck until Tayhaun's contract is up)
      15. Charlotte (might surprise people...by winning 15 games. MKG needs teamates before his impact is truly shown)

Comment

Nets at #2 and the Knicks at #3 seems to be the most realistic? Indiana finished with the third best record last year and didn't lose any of their key players, so not sure why they couldn't repeat or do better now that Chicago is without Rose.

Lots of love for the Nets from posters, but besides D. Will, JJ and Wallace, there isn't much talent there. Lopez is pretty solid, but is a poor rebounder for his size. Their bench is void of talent with the exception of Marshon Brooks.

Comment

Agreed on the Nets. They'll no doubt be improved compared to last season, but I don't see them as a top 4 seed.

Comment

Why would the Knicks be 3rd? They finished SEVENTH last year. Before Linsanity broke out, their record was 8-15. 8-15! Not only that, Landry Fields played the second most minutes for them, and they are replacing him with Ronnie Brewer, who is a good defender but cannot spread the floor even a little. Without Lin, they wouldn't have even made the playoffs, and they won't have him this year...

Comment

Completely agree. I don't think the Knicks will finish that high. I was responding to someone elses post that thought they would finish that high. They have a tonne of talent, but no chemistry.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
                Why would the Knicks be 3rd? They finished SEVENTH last year. Before Linsanity broke out, their record was 8-15. 8-15! Not only that, Landry Fields played the second most minutes for them, and they are replacing him with Ronnie Brewer, who is a good defender but cannot spread the floor even a little. Without Lin, they wouldn't have even made the playoffs, and they won't have him this year...
                Ya Fields' 25% 3pt percentage was really spreading the floor for the Knicks. What ever will they do now.

Comment

along with the emergence of Lin came Steve Novak, who can shoot threes like no other in the league. that was spreading the floor for other players during Linsanity
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Agreed on the Nets. They'll no doubt be improved compared to last season, but I don't see them as a top 4 seed.
                    After Miami, it's hard to tell much about the 2nd tier teams. Indiana should be in there with Boston but there's a lot of uncertainty after those three teams (for me anyway). The Nets are basically a brand new team. The Knicks have lots of names but I am not sure the roster works. The Bulls could be fine without Rose but they could also fall apart with an injury or two. 76ers and Hawks won't be bad but they also have pretty firm ceilings.

As for the Raps, I think you're going to need 41+ wins to get in to the playoffs. Can't see this team winning that many games.
                    9th place?

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      along with the emergence of Lin came Steve Novak, who can shoot threes like no other in the league. that was spreading the floor for other players during Linsanity
                      "Landry Fields played the second most minutes for them, and they are replacing him with Ronnie Brewer, who is a good defender but cannot spread the floor even a little."

What part of that had anything to do with Lin or Novak?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        "Landry Fields played the second most minutes for them, and they are replacing him with Ronnie Brewer, who is a good defender but cannot spread the floor even a little."

What part of that had anything to do with Lin or Novak?
                        I wasn't implying about the defensive part, I was talking about the spreading the floor that you mentioned
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
                          They also went 12-5 after Lin got hurt. 8-15 with Mike D'Antoni. 12-5 with Mike Woodson and No Lin.

Right now this team is on the Mike Woodson and No Lin side. Look, even if you take the average that's a 0.500 team. 0.500 record in the East is a playoff berth.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                            \Did the 76ers go to Eurobasket?
                            Wow whats wrong with me. Goodness, 76ers' ahead of Orlando.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Nets at #2 and the Knicks at #3 seems to be the most realistic? Indiana finished with the third best record last year and didn't lose any of their key players, so not sure why they couldn't repeat or do better now that Chicago is without Rose.

Lots of love for the Nets from posters, but besides D. Will, JJ and Wallace, there isn't much talent there. Lopez is pretty solid, but is a poor rebounder for his size. Their bench is void of talent with the exception of Marshon Brooks.
                              Humphries can also contribute for the Nets and Brooks should lead the 2nd unit. They got Evans, Bogans and Watson who are fairly solid backups. You have 4 potential 20pt scorers and rebounders and interior defenders in evans and humpries.

The knicks have two contrasting PGs which i think will be to their advantage. Kidd can open up defenses with his 3s and Felton can open the perimeter with his slashing. i think they'll be deadlier now that they have a pass-first PG in Kidd, who can dish to shooters Novak and JR. Melo, Amare and Chandler are pretty much self explanatory.

Indiana was able to climb up last season due to the fact that the two teams i just mentioned didnt have the players that they have now. Indiana is solid, I dont think Mahinmi will make a big impact as much as the new players that the Knicks and Nets will have on their teams.

Comment

1.Heat-best in the east and got better
                                2.Celtics - pickup of terry/lee is an improvement (could drop if garnett is banged up)
                                3.Pacers - continued growth will keep them top tier
                                4.Bulls - if rose is healthy
                                5.Nets - team is better, but not top 4, still has weak points
                                6. Cavaliers - going to take a huge step forward (again if players are healthy)
                                7. Raptors
                                8.Magic- if howard stays, should sneak in
                                9.Bucks
                                10.Hawks - regressing
                                11.Wizards - should be improved, had a solid draft
                                12.Knicks - going to drop, team is an older version of itself from 3 years ago, let promising young players go for nothing
                                13. Sixers - taking steps back
                                14.Pistons - a mess
                                15.Bobcats- continue to ride the caboose of the su

Comment

Working...
                                X