ak47 in toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ak47 in toronto

Andrei kirilenko just comfirms he wants to come back in the nba since jersey can only offert him the a small amout
    do you think it would be good to bring him in a our starting 3 ?
    great starting five and could be a sleeper and suprise team in the east

BC works ur magic

ab7 wrote: View Post
    Andrei kirilenko just comfirms he wants to come back in the nba since jersey can only offert him the a small amout
    do you think it would be good to bring him in a our starting 3 ?
    great starting five and could be a sleeper and suprise team in the east

BC works ur magic
    Do you have a source?

The David West Contract: 2 years, $20M.

The Raptors would need to find a taker for Calderon with little to no salary coming back to make that offer.

Comment

ak47 is reliable. Solid backup or OK starting 5.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

its on Hoopshype now. What's our cap situation? I know we can't amnesty anyone.... Do we have the full mid-level? I say we go after him
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

ak47 would be a decent fit at the starting three. on an unrelated sidenote, we'd have the whitest frontcourt in the whole NBA if this actually happened.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            its on Hoopshype now. What's our cap situation? I know we can't amnesty anyone.... Do we have the full mid-level? I say we go after him
            Raps have 12 players with $1.2M in cap room (including JL3), a $2.5M room exception (likely going to Gray), and minimum contracts.

Only way to get AK47 is to trade Calderon with little to no salary coming back.
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jul 24, 2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I've heard if he's coming back it's to play for the Nets so he can play under Prokhorov. We can't do a sign and trade since he didn't play last year.. so we'd have to trade Calderon without getting any assets back.. I'm sure BC's been trying to do that all summer already.

I don't see how we can get him.

Comment

All via HoopsHype.com:

Former Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko has decided to return to the NBA for next season, he told R-Sport on Tuesday. Ria Novosti

“I’ll continue my career in the NBA,” Kirilenko said. “Which club in particular, we’ll know in a day or two.” Ria Novosti

Andrei Kirilenko: “After such a stronger season with CSKA I understand that I can still play at a high level. I’m 31 but I can still play and still want to play.” Ria Novosti

Teams that are possible right now without any transaction to free up cap space assuming he signs for more than the MLE:

Minnesota
                New Orleans
                Cleveland

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Raps have 12 players with $1.2M in cap room (including JL3), a $2.5M room exception (likely going to Gray), and minimum contracts.

Only way to get AK47 is to trade Calderon with little to no salary coming back.
                  Yep. But damn, wouldn't that be a great pickup?

I feel that he's not too popular on these boards, but Kirilenko would be beautiful at the 3 for us. He's just 31, and has career numbers of 12 ppg/ 6 rpg / 2 bpg / 1.4 spg. Would love to see him here, if the money's right.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                    Yep. But damn, wouldn't that be a great pickup?

I feel that he's not too popular on these boards, but Kirilenko would be beautiful at the 3 for us. He's just 31, and has career numbers of 12 ppg/ 6 rpg / 2 bpg / 1.4 spg. Would love to see him here, if the money's right.
                    David West Contract.

Comment

David West Contract.
                      2yrs $20M? I think that's not too bad. You have to pay a little more for short term deals. Of course this is meaningless if Calderon couldn't be moved for no salary.

EDIT: Woops, you said exactly that earlier. Reading failure. Anyways, I think this would be a good move if possible.

Comment

2yrs $20M? I think that's not too bad. You have to pay a little more for short term deals. Of course this is meaningless if Calderon couldn't be moved for no salary.

EDIT: Woops, you said exactly that earlier. Reading failure. Anyways, I think this would be a good move if possible.
                        Since he has proclaimed he wants to come back to the NBA and the options are certainly limited now and making the assumption he wants more than MLE ($5M per year), maybe $8M gets it done? $9M? Definitely wouldn't go over $10M and definitely wouldn't go over 2 years unless year 3 was a team option.

In any Calderon trade,
                        at $8M Raps could take back $3.7M
                        at $9M Raps could take back $2.7M
                        at $10M Raps could take back $1.7M
                        this assumes HW.com numbers are correct.

Comment

Since he has proclaimed he wants to come back to the NBA and the options are certainly limited now and making the assumption he wants more than MLE ($5M per year), maybe $8M gets it done? $9M? Definitely wouldn't go over $10M and definitely wouldn't go over 2 years unless year 3 was a team option.

In any Calderon trade,
                          at $8M Raps could take back $3.7M
                          at $9M Raps could take back $2.7M
                          at $10M Raps could take back $1.7M
                          this assumes HW.com numbers are correct.
                          Looks like a real long shot that we'd sign him, but who knows?

Comment

Looks like a real long shot that we'd sign him, but who knows?
                            Oh yeah.... total long shot at this point. Especially since he said he'd make a decision in the next day or two on a team (assuming the quotes for HoopsHype.com are accurate).

Comment

I don't know if he'd be much of an improvement over fields. Even if he was he wouldnt be for long then he'd have to fight kleiza for minutes. I wouldn't mind if we got him, I just think if we did we shouldve got him at the beginning of the month. Don't know if he's a good fit anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X