ak47 in toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vykis wrote: View Post
    The twolves really love signing cska players, they signed Shved earlier and now they're going after Kirilenko who's next Krstic?
    Kristic is signed until the end of 2013-2014 with CKSA and they have an option for another year after.

Comment

What I'm reading on Hoopshype via Yahoo! Sports

Kirilenko has a buyout in his CSKA of Moscow contract that allows him to return to the NBA. He ruled out the Brooklyn Nets and Russian billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov on Tuesday because the Nets simply couldn’t pay him beyond the veteran’s minimum of $1.2 million, sources said. Kirilenko has been searching for a deal that would pay him in the vicinity of $8 million annually, and Minnesota could have the cap space to do so. Yahoo! Sports
      LINK

AK47 for 8 mill a year sounds pretty good. Liked him when he played for the Jazz in the early years of Deron/Boozer, was pretty impressed by what I saw in international competition when russia played lithunia (pretty sure he guarded JV for a bunch of possesions)

Not sure how many years I'd want him for though... I think someone mentioned a front loaded deal, which might work out well. maybe 10mil, 8 mil, 6mil? or offer him 3 years at 8 mill but only partially guaranteed for the last year?

Also we need to think about where that puts us in terms of minutes for wings... Can someone please tell me if Fields is more likely to get minutes at SG or SF?

DEPTH CHART for WINGS
      Derozan/Ross/Fields?
      Kirilenko/Klieza/Fields?

???
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

or MORE importantly...finding $8M in cap room.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          ak47 would be a decent fit at the starting three. on an unrelated sidenote, we'd have the whitest frontcourt in the whole NBA if this actually happened.

We could almost put out an all-white line up!

Calderon
          Kleiza
          Kirilenko
          Bargs
          JV/Gray

Or white's versus blacks in practice! I'm sure it'd be a good team building exercise!
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
            or MORE importantly...finding $8M in cap room.

Yes we'd have to get rid of Calderon or Kleiza+Amir or Davis

Comment

who scores on a lowry/fields/ak47/davis/val lineup? anyone?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

AK-47 off the table

Comment

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Minnesota is finalizing a two-year, $20 million contract with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league sources tell Y! Sports.
                  Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Kirilenko's deal with the Wolves is expected to include a player option for the 2013-'14 season, sources said.

Minnesota for David West Contract.

This would all hinge on the 3-team, s&t with Lopez/Warrick going to NOH, Wes Johnson/Miller/minimum contracts/pick going to PHX, and 2nd round picks going to MIN...... or I believe that is what the rumoured trade was.

Rumours of Miller going back to MIN were bullshit because he can't be traded back there until July 1st, 2013 as per CBA.... he is retiring though so kind of a moot point as this is all about his $848k guaranteed of $5.1M contract that must be bought out by July 30.

Comment

i was wildly against the signing of AK47 before but after watching some of his work in the past year and seeing his shooting percentages (especially from 3) i'm no longer as opposed
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

well gents...Minnesota is a playoff team.

A starting line of

PG: Rubio SG: Roy SF: Kirilenko PF: Love C: Pekovic

suddenly I do not want to play this team
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

One good thing about MIN signing AK47 is it LIKELY means should a top SF become available there is one less contender (unless they include AK as part of any deal) for the Raptors to deal with.

Comment

I feel like 10 million a year is too much for Kirilenko, didn't he come off the bench when he played in Utah? His defense is amazing though no doubt, but I think his best days are behind him.
                          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                            I feel like 10 million a year is too much for Kirilenko, didn't he come off the bench when he played in Utah? His defense is amazing though no doubt, but I think his best days are behind him.
                            http://www.canishoopus.com/2012/7/25...drei-kirilenko

There's some shoddy extrapolations but I agree with most of its points .

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

A starting line of

Indeed a formidable line up. With Alderman coaching them, they should make some noise.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

A starting line of

That's highly contingent on which Brandon Roy they get.

Comment

Working...
                                X