View Poll Results: Colangelo's contract up for Renewal next year, keep him?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - give him new contract

9 31.03%
  • No - do not give him new contract

2 6.90%
  • yes - only if we make playoffs

8 27.59%
  • Keep him regardless - we're heading in the right direction

8 27.59%
  • Fire him now

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To All BC fans and haters - I think BC's contract

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To All BC fans and haters - I think BC's contract

BC's contract is up for renewal next year I think...thus this year is important.

Will he get a a new contract?
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it all depends on how the team does this year. he's been walking a thin line for 2 or 3 years now, I think MLSE and the city of Toronto are on their last straw with him now
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough

We need to keep him....considering the available options.
    Plus he wears Don Cherry high collar shirts....which is a good fit for Canadas only BBALL team
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Post Thanks / Like

He has a team option for 2013-14.

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have selected Team Option if it was there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    We need to keep him....considering the available options.
    Plus he wears Don Cherry high collar shirts....which is a good fit for Canadas only BBALL team
    I disagree on needing to keep him. I'm a big BC fan but that just sounds desperate.

I think the team option for 2013-14 needs to be picked up unless the team gets off to a horrible start - like 10-20.

If come the 2013-14 season the Raps aren't making playoff noise, bye-bye Bryan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    I would have selected Team Option if it was there.
    Agreed. Of all the premature threads of late this is the premature-est.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I wasnt trying to sound desperate...considering the market and the resources - I think he has done alright. The same goes for the other non-playoff Toronto teams. The GMs have done what they could with what the have.
    I guess when it comes time to remove BC....we will have to canvas the market for replacement.

Premature-est...yet you and 4 others have contributed to the premature-est...go figure.

Peace

Muhammad Ali

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You haven't seen the Wiggins thread yet...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    I wasnt trying to sound desperate...considering the market and the resources - I think he has done alright. The same goes for the other non-playoff Toronto teams. The GMs have done what they could with what the have.
    I guess when it comes time to remove BC....we will have to canvas the market for replacement.

Premature-est...yet you and 4 others have contributed to the premature-est...go figure.

Peace

I've been bashed - repeatedly and endlessly - for my views on BC (btw historically a huge BC fan). However the Raps have missed the playoffs for 4 consecutive seasons. As much of a BC fan I am the reality is, as has been thrown in my face numerous times, this is a results driven league. Over the last 4 years, we've not seen results. If results don't come by 2013-14, time to go BC.

I really do not know why you are taking the comment so personally. There was no malicious intent on my part and if you took it that way, I do apologize. This is not the main page comment sections of RR. Everyone in here is pretty respectful of each other and those who are not do not last very long.

You started the thread missing a huge piece of information: team option in 2013-14. With that information, do you not think this is a premature discussion? Maybe a thread about picking up his option would have been more relevant.

But then again, this is just my opinion and it has no more value than your own. So if you don't feel the thread is premature at all, that is cool, carry on. And you are right, I did reply, so maybe I'm wrong on this afterall.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been bashed - repeatedly and endlessly - for my views on BC (btw historically a huge BC fan). However the Raps have missed the playoffs for 4 consecutive seasons. As much of a BC fan I am the reality is, as has been thrown in my face numerous times, this is a results driven league. Over the last 4 years, we've not seen results. If results don't come by 2013-14, time to go BC.

I really do not know why you are taking the comment so personally. There was no malicious intent on my part and if you took it that way, I do apologize. This is not the main page comment sections of RR. Everyone in here is pretty respectful of each other and those who are not do not last very long.

You started the thread missing a huge piece of information: team option in 2013-14. With that information, do you not think this is a premature discussion? Maybe a thread about picking up his option would have been more relevant.

But then again, this is just my opinion and it has no more value than your own. So if you don't feel the thread is premature at all, that is cool, carry on. And you are right, I did reply, so maybe I'm wrong on this afterall.

and peace be with you

Muhammad Ali

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Time time

Did we pick up the team option the last time...I believe we did.
    Did that make any difference ....

Now the team option is available again...if the team isnt has had enough as you say MATT after soo many years of no-playoffs or what not....why bother with team option.

Trust me I'm a big BC FAN...I voting keep him as we're heading in the right direction. Pre-mature...yes

Muhammad Ali

Post Thanks / Like

Another possible option could be a promotion, where in Stefanski becomes the defacto GM. Colangelo becomes President of MLSE, given his previous background in real estate. Tannenbaum loves the guy, just not surre how much sway he will have on the new board.

Good riddance Teachers Pension!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default you think

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    Another possible option could be a promotion, where in Stefanski becomes the defacto GM. Colangelo becomes President of MLSE, given his previous background in real estate. Tannenbaum loves the guy, just not surre how much sway he will have on the new board.

Good riddance Teachers Pension!

Will the new owners (ROGERS/BELL) be better or worse compared to Teachers?

Muhammad Ali

Post Thanks / Like

Well for the teachers, their responsibility is to maximize profit and increase the value of their asset.

The Rogers/Bell deal never made sense if that was their goal (since thwy paid so much). For them it was about securing content and figure out how to sucker more people into buying their products (here come the new channels that we'll need to pay extra for, IMO). For them, there is significant valuee growth in playoff dates...hopefully that equates to commitment for success.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's much better. In fact it's the best thing next to a single passionate owner taking over.

Rogers & Bell make the most money when all their products are being bought at the same time, so it's not enough for the Leafs and Raptors to just go 82 sold out games and call it that. They need 82 sold out games with big ratings, plus playoff games with even bigger ratings. The only way you're getting ratings is if you're exciting and/or competitive.

They'll still do it for money, but they understand that winning = more money.

Just look at the Jays since Rogers bought them, sure they haven't made the playoffs (which is much tougher in MLB) but they're competitive now, there's always some excitement about them. I'm very optimistic for life after the TPP.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we keep him barring improvement, not necessarily playoffs. Our last 2 1st round draft picks brought us guys who can defend (or guys who were labeled as defensively capable). Our last major trade brought us one of the better defending point guards. Our last free agent signing brought us one of the better defending wing players. Playoffs or not, I like the direction this team is going.

All I need to see to be confident in BC is just solid improvement, and it looks like that is what we are going to get.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    I think we keep him barring improvement, not necessarily playoffs. Our last 2 1st round draft picks brought us guys who can defend (or guys who were labeled as defensively capable). Our last major trade brought us one of the better defending point guards. Our last free agent signing brought us one of the better defending wing players. Playoffs or not, I like the direction this team is going.

All I need to see to be confident in BC is just solid improvement, and it looks like that is what we are going to get.
    None of the guys you listed have played for the Raptors yet. Stop buying the hype. Maybe they'll be great, maybe they'll be bad, but stop making these sweeping statements about guys who have yet to put on a Raptors jersey and proven themselves.

Raptors Republic Rookie meductic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Get rid of him
    1) What have he and the other non playoff bound Toronto GM's done with what they have available to them?
    2) He wears Don Cherry high collars
    A career in Toronto of failure and once you think he is heading toward a rebuild he starts trading away draft choices and trying to make a splash with Nash. Under others this might have been viewed as part of a plan, under him not so much. No one else available? That is what they said about Triano. Come on Toronto. You don't have to lose. It is not natural... really...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you have done different as RAPTORS GM? Think about that now!!!

Muhammad Ali

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information