This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Was thinking the same thing, two main characters Moss (Richard Ayoade) and Mr. Renholm (Jr.? the son who takes over at the end of Season 1) are also main characters in Darkplace. I really enjoyed the IT Crowd but Darkplace is waaaay funnier and is more unique.

There's also a spinoff "Man to Man with Dean Learner" (Richard Ayoade's character from Darkplace) where he interviews "famous" people all of whom are played by the guy who plays "Garth Marenghi" (I think "Garth Marenghi" is on one of the episodes too).

Anyway, Richard Ayoade is my favourite guy in both shows... and it's really hard to believe that it's the same guy who plays "Dean Learner"/"Thorton Reed" and "Moss", especially because he looks way older in Darkplace even though it was made 3 years earlier.
    ALSO, Dean Learner is in "The Watch"... the ONLY reason i'm hyped for that movie

Man to Man with Dean Learner was hit and miss... but when it was funny, it was downright hilarious

I found IT Crowd didn't really get interesting until they introduced Douglas Renholm (aka, Dr. Lucien Sanchez)... when they brought him on, the hilarity of the show skyrocketed... even the Irish dude, who i hated in the first season became funnier

Noel Fielding coming on as Richmond was awesome too

Comment

1) Age: 36
      2) Born: Philippines
      3) Hometown: Toronto, ON
      4) What are your ethnic roots? Filipino
      5) Favorite All time Raptor: Rod Strickland
      6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jose Calderon
      7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Gary Payton, Ricky Rubio
      8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Miami Heat
      9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Chris Bosh
      10) Favorite Raptors moment: MoPete sinking the tying 3 against the wizards
      11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? BJ Penn (UFC)
      12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Lakers
      13) What is your guilty pleasure? Spankwire
      14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Breaking Bad
      15) Things that freak you out: dirty finger or toe nails
      16) Music preference: Jazz
      17) Favourite album: Spyro Gyra 20/20
      18) Beverage preference: Gin and Tonic
      19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Jacky Chan
      20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Tina Fey

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Anne Hathaway is delicious, I'd definitely have her on my list.

Along with Kate Upton...
        I'd also like to bombity-bomp Amanda Seyfried more than a few times. She is deliciously sexy. Apparently, She's nude in that" gone" movie. Which I'm going to watch ASAP!

Btw, question 19 is confusing especially with the different kinds of answers.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

1) Age: 27
          2) Born: Pakistan
          3) Hometown: Karachi/Toronto
          4) What are your ethnic roots? Pakistani
          5) Favorite All time Raptor: Jorge Garbajosa
          6) Favorite Current Raptor: His name is Jonas
          7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Durant, Ginobili, Nash, Rubio, Duncan, Harden, Ray Allen, M Gasol
          8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Bobcats, Hawks, Heat
          9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Blatche
          10) Favorite Raptors moment: Watching Rose hit a game-winning 3 in OT against the Kings live, after missing his last 4 shots he still demanded the ball, sauntered up to the line, and then swish. He had turned around and was nodding before the ball even went through the hoop, and the ACC erupted. Best feeling ever.
          11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Imran Khan
          12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Chicago
          13) What is your guilty pleasure? Comic Books
          14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Qi
          15) Things that freak you out: Saskatchewan
          16) Music preference: Anything but modern country and most pop music (I'm a hipster)
          17) Favourite album: Vitalogy by Pearl Jam, Funeral by Arcade Fire, or Stay Positive by the Hold Steady
          18) Beverage preference: Guiness
          19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? George Clooney with a very, very deep tan
          20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Rachel McAdams or Emma Stone...hell, both
          "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
          -Newsradio

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            You say that like your surprised or its a bad thing. We old guys need a place to talk ball too you know.

Quite frankly and no offence to the young-ins here, but I like chattin' basketball while wearing my Depends and enjoying a nice bowl of prunes. Certainly keep me regular and spry.
            Hey, aint nothin wrong with diapers. Because everyone who wears them don't have to wipe their own ass.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'll definitely have to check out DarkPlace. IT Crowd is just so full of hijinks and hilarity. It's a perfect example of a show that you can watch a billion times and every time you will get a good chuckle out of it. Even Seinfeld for me has started to lose its lustre (although I've probably scene every episode at least 20 times each). One thing I did notice though is that when you try to explain why you're laughing at something (that reminded you of IT Crowd) you get a bunch of blank looks. That show is so zany that words can't describe it.

The theme song of that show has been my ringtone for years.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                I'll definitely have to check out DarkPlace. IT Crowd is just so full of hijinks and hilarity. It's a perfect example of a show that you can watch a billion times and every time you will get a good chuckle out of it. Even Seinfeld for me has started to lose its lustre (although I've probably scene every episode at least 20 times each). One thing I did notice though is that when you try to explain why you're laughing at something (that reminded you of IT Crowd) you get a bunch of blank looks. That show is so zany that words can't describe it.

The theme song of that show has been my ringtone for years.
                The Street Countdown episode and the Douglas's "girlfriend" episode stand out the most to me as the most hilarious..

"THE FIRST RULE OF STREET COUNTOWN.......... you really must try to tell as many people as possible about it. It's a rather fun game and the more people that know the better"

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Good call!
                  timeless ... they were amazing at the time and still hold up perfectly today.. and sorry about the cut and paste for your contorsionist .. they dont really freak me out .. I just didnt have much to say and forgot to change it...!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    1) Age: 33
                    2) Born: Atlantic Canada
                    3) Hometown: Atlantic Canada
                    4) What are your ethnic roots? Irish/Scottish
                    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Doug Christie
                    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Linas Kleiza
                    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Scottie Pippen/Tim Duncan
                    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? HEAT/Knicks
                    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Dwight Howard
                    10) Favorite Raptors moment: The day I realized Dwane Casey was going to follow through on the 'culture change' memo
                    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Joe Carter/Al MacInnis
                    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Bulls
                    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Food - almost anything greasy.
                    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): The Wire
                    15) Things that freak you out: bath salts
                    16) Music preference: Alt-Rock
                    17) Favourite album: Appetite for Destruction - Guns and Roses
                    18) Beverage preference: prior to children Jack Daniels on ice; since children O'Doul's.
                    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Vince Vaughn (tallest celebrity I could think of)
                    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Not sure she is a celebrity but LF's girlfriend - Jesus H. Christ she is ridiculous.
                    I have to assume you are kidding about Christie? While he was a solid player I cant imagine anyone actually finding him to be their favourite Rap of all time. If not kidding, what was it about him (or perhaps his wife as he acknowledged here every 2 minutes) that you liked?

Comment

• 1) Age: 30
                      2) Born: Winnipeg, NORTHCOAST
                      3) Hometown: Winnipeg, NORTHCOAST
                      4) What are your ethnic roots? German and French
                      5) Favorite All time Raptor: Charles Oakley
                      6) Favorite Current Raptor: Ummmm, JV? Bargs?
                      7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Tony Allen
                      8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? In this order: Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Knicks, Jazz
                      9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Dwight Howard and Kobe
                      10) Favorite Raptors moment: Prob beating Knicks in the first round.
                      11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Prob Milt Stegall
                      12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Da Bulls
                      13) What is your guilty pleasure? Vidz and gangster rap.
                      14) Favourite TV show (past or present): The Wire, Southpark, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
                      15) Things that freak you out: Hockey
                      16) Music preference: Rap without positive messages, punk, oi!, not nice rock'n'roll, and Neil Young
                      17) Favourite album: Hmmm...First Wu-Tang, first Snoop, first Ramones, Appetite for Destruction. Too many...
                      18) Beverage preference: Moosehead, top shelf Vodka.
                      19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Norm MacDonald
                      20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Nicki Minaj.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• 1) Age: 25
                        2) Born: Stephenville, Newfoundland
                        3) Hometown: St.John's, Newfoundland
                        4) What are your ethnic roots? I don't know? Irish...Scottish...Newfie?
                        5) Favorite All time Raptor: Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon
                        6) Favorite Current Raptor: Andrea "The Nightmare" Bargnani
                        7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Dirk Nowitzki & Kobe Bryant
                        8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? New York Knicks & Boston Celtics
                        9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Dwight Howard & Carmelo Anthony
                        10) Favorite Raptors moment: 3D logo decision
                        11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Dennis Bergkamp
                        12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Orlando Magic
                        13) What is your guilty pleasure? Toronto Raptors...
                        14) Favourite TV show (past or present): The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Workaholics, Care Bears
                        15) Things that freak you out: General ignorance of global population
                        16) Music preference: Wilco, Nas, Hey Rosetta!, Neil Young...
                        17) Favourite album: Ma$e: Harlem World
                        18) Beverage preference: Beer: Black Horse, Soda: Gingerale, Other: Booster JUICE!
                        19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? A cross between Ashton Kutcher & Megatron
                        20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Arianny Celeste

Comment

• 1) Age: 36
                          2) Born: Wolfville, NS
                          3) Hometown: Halifax
                          4) What are your ethnic roots? Welsh / Cdn
                          5) Favourite All time Raptor: Boogie or M.Mouse
                          6) Favourite Current Raptor: man…JV?
                          7) Favourite Non Raptors Players: don’t really have any…K-Love, because he shows that it is possible to be a perimeter-oriented big AND rebound? Too bad he can’t/won't play D either…
                          8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? C**tics
                          9) Which NBA player do you hate the most? ‘Hate?’ too strong…'strongly dislike': Pierce, Rondo, Garnett, CP3 (not for bball reasons, as they’re all HOFers, just personality)
                          10) Favorite Raptors moment: Will Solomon’s classic ‘into-the-lane-with-no-plan, leave-your-feet-with-the-ball, see-Dwight, panic, heave-ball-into-space’ move. Oh, I could watch that clip for hours…wish I could find it…
                          11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Vlad, Larry Walker, Gretzky.
                          12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Lakers – lived out west in the ’80’s was a huuuuge Magic fan.
                          13) What is your guilty pleasure? Checking twitter while taking long dumps…with a 2-yr old, it’s pretty much the only peace I get.
                          14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Parks & Rec, Hell’s Kitchen (wow, that’s not something I should probably admit…), Little Britain, Breaking Bad…I probably watch too much TV.
                          15) Things that freak you out: Fundamentalism, bad drivers, poor grammar/spelling, & fundamentally bad drivers.
                          16) Music preference: Alt/Indie
                          17) Favourite album: Get Behind Me Satan/Elephant – White Stripes
                          18) Beverage preference: beer - the darker, the better
                          19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? J. Gordon-Levitt.…is this like a humble-brag or something?
                          20) Assume you're still single (if you're currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Natalie Portman – sneaky-hot, smart, funny, 'normal' (as far as celebs go), and not afraid to have a little fun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8e6-IeQ0aw)
                          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                            14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Parks & Rec, Hell’s Kitchen (wow, that’s not something I should probably admit…), Little Britain, Breaking Bad…I probably watch too much TV.
                            Absolutely not. Gordon Ramsay is bad ass and great entertainment. I just with they didn't censor half the shit he says. Would make for a more entertaining show.

yertu damkule wrote:
                            19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? J. Gordon-Levitt.…is this like a humble-brag or something?
                            God I hope not, because I said Chris Farley.

Comment

• 1) Age: 32
                              2) Born: Smithers, British Columbia
                              3) Hometown: Edmonton, Alberta
                              4) What are your ethnic roots? Dutch
                              5) Favorite All time Raptor: Vince Carter (got me hooked on Raps)
                              6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jonas Valanciunas
                              7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: current - Steve Nash, past - Michael Jordan
                              8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Miami Heat
                              9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? no hate, but not a huge fan of anyone that joins together to make a "superteam"
                              10) Favorite Raptors moment: Carter vs Iverson playoff series
                              11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Pavel Bure
                              12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Bulls and Grizzlies
                              13) What is your guilty pleasure? all things Raptors
                              14) Favourite TV show (past or present): The Office (first 3 years)... Modern Family
                              15) Things that freak you out: deep dark water and Reggie Evans free throws
                              16) Music preference: everything from punk to worship to country
                              17) Favourite album: Current - Ashes Remain (What I've Become), Past - MXPX (Life in General)
                              18) Beverage preference: Drink: Rye and Coke, Soda: Root Beer, Other: Orange Julius
                              19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Steve Carrell
                              20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Jessica Alba
                              Last edited by The Coach; Thu Jul 26, 2012, 02:19 PM.
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

• We seem to have a few common places (at least in Canada) where RR members are residing. Perhaps we should have a get together for a game or two (or possibly a playoff game) to show our camaraderie hahaha... I know my gf hates it when I watch the Raptors because if they're losing I'm in no mood to joke around. Sometimes I take the games a little too hard. Hahaha... I know, I should mellow down.
                                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Working...
                                X