Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors Republic Roll Call - "Get to Know You Edition"

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, how did this not get love from anyone else???

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Age: 33
    2) Born: Kenora, ON
    3) Hometown: Toronto, ON
    4) What are your ethnic roots? Chinese
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Vince Carter
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jose Calderon
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Kobe Bryant
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Knicks
    9) Which NBA player do you hate the most? Lebron James
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: Every time Mo Pete hit a circus shot
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Peyton Manning
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Boston Celtics
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Romantic comedies
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): IT Crowd, Top Chef, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Seinfeld, Mad Men, Suits, Breaking Bad
    15) Things that freak you out: asian female drivers
    16) Music preference: the 90s.
    17) Favourite album: Nirvana, black cover
    18) Beverage preference: Beer
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Steve Carrell
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Kristen Bell
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): IT Crowd
    niiiiiice..

if you like IT Crowd, you'd definitely dig Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Highly suggest looking it up

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Age: 22
    2) Born: Guelph, ON
    4) What are your ethnic roots? British/Scottish/German...I think.
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Mighty Mouse
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jose
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Steve Nash, Barbosa (nicest, classiest player out there)
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Heat
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Dwight Howard
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: Watching the BC era playoff games at Hooters (BC, please don't make me wait another year to go back to that glorious place)
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Barry Sanders
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Detroit Lions (still do).
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? This forum?
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): It's always sunny in Philadelphia, Curb your enthusiasm, Game of Thrones, Californication, Entourage.
    15) Things that freak you out: Maggots, Centipedes.
    16) Music preference: Classical, Hip-hop
    17) Favourite album: Enter the Wu-Tang and The Chronic/2001
    18) Beverage preference: OLD MILL ICE BABY!
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Patrick J. Adams.
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Brooklyn Decker, as long as she doesn't ruin my tennis career too...

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Age: 34
    2) Born: London, ON
    4) What are your ethnic roots? Last name is french .. but dont speak a lick of it .. I guess british/canadian/french
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Vince
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: AB for now .. looking forward to a new one (maybe Ross?)
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: LBJ, KD, Westbrook
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Celtics
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Kevin Garnett .. although think K Love is most overrated
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: New Jersey home game (even though we lost .. atmosphere was great .. and I was living in Cali during other playoff run so missed it). Favourite play is Vince's reverse double pump dunk in the half court set against Indy .. so effortless .. so "holy shit!"
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Barry Sanders - no athlete (including Jordan) made we want to tune into a game more just for individual performances
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Detriot and Jordan Bulls
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Online poker .. although with a kid I play less
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Breaking Bad and The Wire
    15) Things that freak you out: Contortionists
    16) Music preference: Hip-hop .. although most of my radio time is sports radio
    17) Favourite album: Tribe called quest - low end theory (but all their albums are wicked)
    18) Beverage preference: Jack&Coke, Coronna
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Val Kilmer
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Scarlett Johanson

Post Thanks / Like

2) Born: Hamilton, ON
    3) Hometown: Hamilton, ON
    4) What are your ethnic roots? Who knows...English
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Garbajosa (ok I'll admit it, early VC)
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Calderon
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Ginobli
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Heat
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Wade
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: Being at 2008 Game 3 vs the Magic http://youtu.be/ASn8zXx03qw I was also was at the Raptors first home playoff game in 2000 vs the Knicks, but they lost (because of Larry Johnson's bullshit banked in 3)
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? David Robinson
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Spurs
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? All of mine are guilt free
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): The Simpsons (up to season 9ish)
    15) Things that freak you out: (some) Raptor fans
    16) Music preference: Rock - be it classic, indie, punk, hard, all of the above, etc
    17) Favourite album: "Achtung Baby" by U2
    18) Beverage preference: Rum & Coke
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? John Candy (because who doesn't like John Candy?)
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Kate Beckinsale (no need to change this answer)

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    He recently came by while shooting a documentary, and a semi-big deal was made about it, so I don't think he owns property anywhere near-by. They have taken his childhood home and done this with it however: http://www.youngtownmuseum.com/Default.htm
    Very cool. Next time I'm driving through I'll have to check out the museum.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    17) Favourite album: Tribe called quest - low end theory (but all their albums are wicked
    Good call!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Quite frankly and no offence to the young-ins here, but I like chattin' basketball while wearing my Depends and enjoying a nice bowl of prunes. Certainly keep me regular and spry.
    Prunes are delicious...us young-lings can like old people stuff too! But this quote made me laugh quite hard.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    niiiiiice..

if you like IT Crowd, you'd definitely dig Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Highly suggest looking it up
    Was thinking the same thing, two main characters Moss (Richard Ayoade) and Mr. Renholm (Jr.? the son who takes over at the end of Season 1) are also main characters in Darkplace. I really enjoyed the IT Crowd but Darkplace is waaaay funnier and is more unique.

There's also a spinoff "Man to Man with Dean Learner" (Richard Ayoade's character from Darkplace) where he interviews "famous" people all of whom are played by the guy who plays "Garth Marenghi" (I think "Garth Marenghi" is on one of the episodes too).

Anyway, Richard Ayoade is my favourite guy in both shows... and it's really hard to believe that it's the same guy who plays "Dean Learner"/"Thorton Reed" and "Moss", especially because he looks way older in Darkplace even though it was made 3 years earlier.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Was thinking the same thing, two main characters Moss (Richard Ayoade) and Mr. Renholm (Jr.? the son who takes over at the end of Season 1) are also main characters in Darkplace. I really enjoyed the IT Crowd but Darkplace is waaaay funnier and is more unique.

There's also a spinoff "Man to Man with Dean Learner" (Richard Ayoade's character from Darkplace) where he interviews "famous" people all of whom are played by the guy who plays "Garth Marenghi" (I think "Garth Marenghi" is on one of the episodes too).

Anyway, Richard Ayoade is my favourite guy in both shows... and it's really hard to believe that it's the same guy who plays "Dean Learner"/"Thorton Reed" and "Moss", especially because he looks way older in Darkplace even though it was made 3 years earlier.
    ALSO, Dean Learner is in "The Watch"... the ONLY reason i'm hyped for that movie

Man to Man with Dean Learner was hit and miss... but when it was funny, it was downright hilarious

I found IT Crowd didn't really get interesting until they introduced Douglas Renholm (aka, Dr. Lucien Sanchez)... when they brought him on, the hilarity of the show skyrocketed... even the Irish dude, who i hated in the first season became funnier

Noel Fielding coming on as Richmond was awesome too

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Age: 36
    2) Born: Philippines
    4) What are your ethnic roots? Filipino
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Rod Strickland
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jose Calderon
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Gary Payton, Ricky Rubio
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Miami Heat
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Chris Bosh
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: MoPete sinking the tying 3 against the wizards
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? BJ Penn (UFC)
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Lakers
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Spankwire
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Breaking Bad
    15) Things that freak you out: dirty finger or toe nails
    16) Music preference: Jazz
    17) Favourite album: Spyro Gyra 20/20
    18) Beverage preference: Gin and Tonic
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Jacky Chan
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Tina Fey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Anne Hathaway is delicious, I'd definitely have her on my list.

Along with Kate Upton...
    I'd also like to bombity-bomp Amanda Seyfried more than a few times. She is deliciously sexy. Apparently, She's nude in that" gone" movie. Which I'm going to watch ASAP!

Btw, question 19 is confusing especially with the different kinds of answers.

Raptors Republic Rookie Captain Haddock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Age: 27
    2) Born: Pakistan
    3) Hometown: Karachi/Toronto
    4) What are your ethnic roots? Pakistani
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Jorge Garbajosa
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: His name is Jonas
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Durant, Ginobili, Nash, Rubio, Duncan, Harden, Ray Allen, M Gasol
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Bobcats, Hawks, Heat
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Blatche
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: Watching Rose hit a game-winning 3 in OT against the Kings live, after missing his last 4 shots he still demanded the ball, sauntered up to the line, and then swish. He had turned around and was nodding before the ball even went through the hoop, and the ACC erupted. Best feeling ever.
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Imran Khan
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Chicago
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Comic Books
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Qi
    15) Things that freak you out: Saskatchewan
    16) Music preference: Anything but modern country and most pop music (I'm a hipster)
    17) Favourite album: Vitalogy by Pearl Jam, Funeral by Arcade Fire, or Stay Positive by the Hold Steady
    18) Beverage preference: Guiness
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? George Clooney with a very, very deep tan
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Rachel McAdams or Emma Stone...hell, both
    "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
    -Newsradio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    You say that like your surprised or its a bad thing. We old guys need a place to talk ball too you know.

Quite frankly and no offence to the young-ins here, but I like chattin' basketball while wearing my Depends and enjoying a nice bowl of prunes. Certainly keep me regular and spry.
    Hey, aint nothin wrong with diapers. Because everyone who wears them don't have to wipe their own ass.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll definitely have to check out DarkPlace. IT Crowd is just so full of hijinks and hilarity. It's a perfect example of a show that you can watch a billion times and every time you will get a good chuckle out of it. Even Seinfeld for me has started to lose its lustre (although I've probably scene every episode at least 20 times each). One thing I did notice though is that when you try to explain why you're laughing at something (that reminded you of IT Crowd) you get a bunch of blank looks. That show is so zany that words can't describe it.

The theme song of that show has been my ringtone for years.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I'll definitely have to check out DarkPlace. IT Crowd is just so full of hijinks and hilarity. It's a perfect example of a show that you can watch a billion times and every time you will get a good chuckle out of it. Even Seinfeld for me has started to lose its lustre (although I've probably scene every episode at least 20 times each). One thing I did notice though is that when you try to explain why you're laughing at something (that reminded you of IT Crowd) you get a bunch of blank looks. That show is so zany that words can't describe it.

The theme song of that show has been my ringtone for years.
    The Street Countdown episode and the Douglas's "girlfriend" episode stand out the most to me as the most hilarious..

"THE FIRST RULE OF STREET COUNTOWN.......... you really must try to tell as many people as possible about it. It's a rather fun game and the more people that know the better"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Good call!
    timeless ... they were amazing at the time and still hold up perfectly today.. and sorry about the cut and paste for your contorsionist .. they dont really freak me out .. I just didnt have much to say and forgot to change it...!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    2) Born: Atlantic Canada
    3) Hometown: Atlantic Canada
    4) What are your ethnic roots? Irish/Scottish
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Doug Christie
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Linas Kleiza
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Scottie Pippen/Tim Duncan
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? HEAT/Knicks
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Dwight Howard
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: The day I realized Dwane Casey was going to follow through on the 'culture change' memo
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Joe Carter/Al MacInnis
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Bulls
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Food - almost anything greasy.
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): The Wire
    15) Things that freak you out: bath salts
    16) Music preference: Alt-Rock
    17) Favourite album: Appetite for Destruction - Guns and Roses
    18) Beverage preference: prior to children Jack Daniels on ice; since children O'Doul's.
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Vince Vaughn (tallest celebrity I could think of)
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Not sure she is a celebrity but LF's girlfriend - Jesus H. Christ she is ridiculous.
    I have to assume you are kidding about Christie? While he was a solid player I cant imagine anyone actually finding him to be their favourite Rap of all time. If not kidding, what was it about him (or perhaps his wife as he acknowledged here every 2 minutes) that you liked?

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Age: 30
    2) Born: Winnipeg, NORTHCOAST
    3) Hometown: Winnipeg, NORTHCOAST
    4) What are your ethnic roots? German and French
    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Charles Oakley
    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Ummmm, JV? Bargs?
    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Tony Allen
    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? In this order: Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Knicks, Jazz
    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Dwight Howard and Kobe
    10) Favorite Raptors moment: Prob beating Knicks in the first round.
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Prob Milt Stegall
    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Da Bulls
    13) What is your guilty pleasure? Vidz and gangster rap.
    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): The Wire, Southpark, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    15) Things that freak you out: Hockey
    16) Music preference: Rap without positive messages, punk, oi!, not nice rock'n'roll, and Neil Young
    17) Favourite album: Hmmm...First Wu-Tang, first Snoop, first Ramones, Appetite for Destruction. Too many...
    18) Beverage preference: Moosehead, top shelf Vodka.
    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Norm MacDonald
    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Nicki Minaj.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Thread Information