X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    3) Hometown: Omemee, Ontario
    The hometown of Mr. Neil Young. He apparently has a place near there still too from what I've heard.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      I never knew that his forum was so... old?
      Ha Ha! I haven't posted mine yet.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I never knew that his forum was so... old?
        You say that like your surprised or its a bad thing. We old guys need a place to talk ball too you know.

Quite frankly and no offence to the young-ins here, but I like chattin' basketball while wearing my Depends and enjoying a nice bowl of prunes. Certainly keep me regular and spry.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          Gary Kasparov
          Well played sir. Would it be out of line to say my favourite athlete was deep blue? Haha

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            The hometown of Mr. Neil Young. He apparently has a place near there still too from what I've heard.
            He recently came by while shooting a documentary, and a semi-big deal was made about it, so I don't think he owns property anywhere near-by. They have taken his childhood home and done this with it however: http://www.youngtownmuseum.com/Default.htm

Comment

Man, how did this not get love from anyone else???

Comment

1) Age: 33
                2) Born: Kenora, ON
                3) Hometown: Toronto, ON
                4) What are your ethnic roots? Chinese
                5) Favorite All time Raptor: Vince Carter
                6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jose Calderon
                7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Kobe Bryant
                8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Knicks
                9) Which NBA player do you hate the most? Lebron James
                10) Favorite Raptors moment: Every time Mo Pete hit a circus shot
                11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Peyton Manning
                12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Boston Celtics
                13) What is your guilty pleasure? Romantic comedies
                14) Favourite TV show (past or present): IT Crowd, Top Chef, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Seinfeld, Mad Men, Suits, Breaking Bad
                15) Things that freak you out: asian female drivers
                16) Music preference: the 90s.
                17) Favourite album: Nirvana, black cover
                18) Beverage preference: Beer
                19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Steve Carrell
                20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Kristen Bell
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  14) Favourite TV show (past or present): IT Crowd
                  niiiiiice..

if you like IT Crowd, you'd definitely dig Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Highly suggest looking it up

Comment

1) Age: 22
                    2) Born: Guelph, ON
                    4) What are your ethnic roots? British/Scottish/German...I think.
                    5) Favorite All time Raptor: Mighty Mouse
                    6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jose
                    7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Steve Nash, Barbosa (nicest, classiest player out there)
                    8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Heat
                    9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Dwight Howard
                    10) Favorite Raptors moment: Watching the BC era playoff games at Hooters (BC, please don't make me wait another year to go back to that glorious place)
                    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Barry Sanders
                    12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Detroit Lions (still do).
                    13) What is your guilty pleasure? This forum?
                    14) Favourite TV show (past or present): It's always sunny in Philadelphia, Curb your enthusiasm, Game of Thrones, Californication, Entourage.
                    15) Things that freak you out: Maggots, Centipedes.
                    16) Music preference: Classical, Hip-hop
                    17) Favourite album: Enter the Wu-Tang and The Chronic/2001
                    18) Beverage preference: OLD MILL ICE BABY!
                    19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Patrick J. Adams.
                    20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Brooklyn Decker, as long as she doesn't ruin my tennis career too...

Comment

1) Age: 34
                      2) Born: London, ON
                      4) What are your ethnic roots? Last name is french .. but dont speak a lick of it .. I guess british/canadian/french
                      5) Favorite All time Raptor: Vince
                      6) Favorite Current Raptor: AB for now .. looking forward to a new one (maybe Ross?)
                      7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: LBJ, KD, Westbrook
                      8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Celtics
                      9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Kevin Garnett .. although think K Love is most overrated
                      10) Favorite Raptors moment: New Jersey home game (even though we lost .. atmosphere was great .. and I was living in Cali during other playoff run so missed it). Favourite play is Vince's reverse double pump dunk in the half court set against Indy .. so effortless .. so "holy shit!"
                      11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Barry Sanders - no athlete (including Jordan) made we want to tune into a game more just for individual performances
                      12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Detriot and Jordan Bulls
                      13) What is your guilty pleasure? Online poker .. although with a kid I play less
                      14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Breaking Bad and The Wire
                      15) Things that freak you out: Contortionists
                      16) Music preference: Hip-hop .. although most of my radio time is sports radio
                      17) Favourite album: Tribe called quest - low end theory (but all their albums are wicked)
                      18) Beverage preference: Jack&Coke, Coronna
                      19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Val Kilmer
                      20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Scarlett Johanson

Comment

1) Age: 33
                        2) Born: Hamilton, ON
                        3) Hometown: Hamilton, ON
                        4) What are your ethnic roots? Who knows...English
                        5) Favorite All time Raptor: Garbajosa (ok I'll admit it, early VC)
                        6) Favorite Current Raptor: Calderon
                        7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Ginobli
                        8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Heat
                        9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Wade
                        10) Favorite Raptors moment: Being at 2008 Game 3 vs the Magic http://youtu.be/ASn8zXx03qw I was also was at the Raptors first home playoff game in 2000 vs the Knicks, but they lost (because of Larry Johnson's bullshit banked in 3)
                        11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? David Robinson
                        12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Spurs
                        13) What is your guilty pleasure? All of mine are guilt free
                        14) Favourite TV show (past or present): The Simpsons (up to season 9ish)
                        15) Things that freak you out: (some) Raptor fans
                        16) Music preference: Rock - be it classic, indie, punk, hard, all of the above, etc
                        17) Favourite album: "Achtung Baby" by U2
                        18) Beverage preference: Rum & Coke
                        19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? John Candy (because who doesn't like John Candy?)
                        20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Kate Beckinsale (no need to change this answer)
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                          He recently came by while shooting a documentary, and a semi-big deal was made about it, so I don't think he owns property anywhere near-by. They have taken his childhood home and done this with it however: http://www.youngtownmuseum.com/Default.htm
                          Very cool. Next time I'm driving through I'll have to check out the museum.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                            17) Favourite album: Tribe called quest - low end theory (but all their albums are wicked
                            Good call!

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Quite frankly and no offence to the young-ins here, but I like chattin' basketball while wearing my Depends and enjoying a nice bowl of prunes. Certainly keep me regular and spry.
                              Prunes are delicious...us young-lings can like old people stuff too! But this quote made me laugh quite hard.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                niiiiiice..

if you like IT Crowd, you'd definitely dig Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Highly suggest looking it up
                                Was thinking the same thing, two main characters Moss (Richard Ayoade) and Mr. Renholm (Jr.? the son who takes over at the end of Season 1) are also main characters in Darkplace. I really enjoyed the IT Crowd but Darkplace is waaaay funnier and is more unique.

There's also a spinoff "Man to Man with Dean Learner" (Richard Ayoade's character from Darkplace) where he interviews "famous" people all of whom are played by the guy who plays "Garth Marenghi" (I think "Garth Marenghi" is on one of the episodes too).

Anyway, Richard Ayoade is my favourite guy in both shows... and it's really hard to believe that it's the same guy who plays "Dean Learner"/"Thorton Reed" and "Moss", especially because he looks way older in Darkplace even though it was made 3 years earlier.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X