Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we enough cap space to sign M.Pietrus ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we enough cap space to sign M.Pietrus ?

Hoopsworld reports that M.Pietrus will not sign with Boston for league minimum. Do the Raptors have any cap space to sign him ? Raptors almost signed him last year except for a knee injury. And if anyone watched the Celtic's run in the playoffs you saw how effective Pietrus can be !

I think we have a little over a million left in cap space. I think Matt52 mentioned something around 1.2$ million..
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

With Fields and Kleiza around, do we even need Pietrus?

Comment

we are jammed on the wing. We dont need anymore wing players unless we get rid of one of our current ones

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Yea. I have never been impressed with the guy. He can knock 3's, that's about it.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

PG: Lowry, Calderon, Lucas
            SG: DeRozan, Ross, Anderson
            SF: Fields, Kleiza, ???
            PF: Bargs, Davis, Acy
            C: Val, Amir, Gray, (Magloire - will not suit up for the entire season)

Currently we have 15 in the roster, with 14 in active, yes we need a 3rd stringer SF, we can possibly take a look at Pietrus.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Currently we have 15 in the roster, with 14 in active, yes we need a 3rd stringer SF, we can possibly take a look at Pietrus.
              We don't necessarily need 15 men, I would rather keep the remaining cap space in case a trade goes down, now or deadline for Calderon or Amir/Ed.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                +1 If ever we sign a SF, it will be because he will start over Fields and Kleiza, not back them up.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Lucas and Anderson are not signed...yet. Also Pietrus declined Boston's offer of the veteran's minimum, he wants to get paid and he does not want to be a 3rd stringer.

Comment

Umm.....really, no point in getting this guy is there? Isn't Ross supposed to try and fill the same kind of role? I think we have enough role players on the wing with Fields and Kleiza. I think Anderson is a chance for a minimum contract to round the roster, as most people do....so why get Pietrus? He's not that good a 3 pt shooter and he's too old now to get for his athleticism and D. Ross has all of those things, and only needs to fill out and a bit of experience.

Comment

Pietrus sucks
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

we should give some consideration to some young talent that could compliment the rest of our team by playing D and provide some shooting/ scoring. With that said, may i direct your attention to Dante greene and brandon rush.
                        both player are consider talented, provides us with some much needed help at the 3 spot. im leaning more towards rush because hes a better shooter, what so y'all think?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Pietrus sucks
                          He's an older, less athletic Fields...

Comment

Quito wrote: View Post
                            Which equals to, we already have a guy much better than him..

Comment

Quito wrote: View Post
                              I even think that's saying too much good about Pietrus. Fields seems to be a much smarter player....Pietrus always struck me as kind of a bonehead

Comment

Working...
                              X