Online Dating Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Dating Sites

Hey, wonder if any of you guys and/or girls, have tried some of the "internet" dating services? I decided to give it a try to see what it's all about and I'm signed up to quite a few of them.

My observations so far are;

-there's way more concistentsy and casualness and "average" people on the sites you pay to use.

-The sites that are meant mainly for intimate encounters(commonly known as sex) get way more consistent traffic and seem to have way more down to earth people and most people cheat the system and post their e-mail and facebook as contact.

-the free sites, basically everyone is very broad in what they are all about. But, it seems when you contact people, even ones who may not be single and are just looking to make new friends, don't respond and some have strict specifics of who can contact them. Which makes me wonder what the hell the point is?!

-People of both genders offer you undisclosed amounts of money to have sex with you. Personally, I stay away from those people.

-The people on the free sites that do contact you usually are not what I'm and I imagine most physically,mentally,emotionally stable people in the 18-30 region are looking for.

Overall, if you are looking for anything more than a hump n' dump or a friends with benefits type situation. You best pony up the moolah and stick to E-Harmony or Match.com for your best chances.

note:Although, I think this fits for both genders with minor alterations if you are a woman. I can't say for sure it applies if you're a woman.

These are just my opinions and observations. Anybody else who has joined "the online dating community" at one point or another. Feel free to chime in.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Good observations I'll keep this stuff in mind when I hit 18.

Comment

Ah, you're young like me. Your just looking for a pretty girl to rock your world. You'll be fine.

I do have one piece of advice for you. If your anything like I was in high school. Man the fuck up! She's just as dumb, young and nervous as you are. Even if she doesn't act it, she is. She may laugh in your face. But, don't be discouraged, and don't walk away until she says "no".
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        Ah, you're young like me. Your just looking for a pretty girl to rock your world. You'll be fine.

I do have one piece of advice for you. If your anything like I was in high school. Man the fuck up! She's just as dumb, young and nervous as you are. Even if she doesn't act it, she is. She may laugh in your face. But, don't be discouraged, and don't walk away until she says "no".
        i get what you mean man but when your one of the few brown/black/Asian kids in a school full of white kids its going to be hard to get chicks. Its like a white kid going to a school in Brampton. you feel very different from everyone else which doesn't really help your confidence, and i have no idea why I'm telling you all this lol.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          i get what you mean man but when your one of the few brown/black/Asian kids in a school full of white kids its going to be hard to get chicks. Its like a white kid going to a school in Brampton. you feel very different from everyone else which doesn't really help your confidence, and i have no idea why I'm telling you all this lol.
          i'm going to have to call BULLSHIT on you son... you're buying into your own insecurities.. i was the ONLY brown(ish) person in my CATHOLIC high school... at a time when brown catholics were an extremely rare thing..

you'd be surprised how many chicks have a "thing" for different races... yet, nobody would know... mind reading isn't a skill you learn until your twenties..

maybe the chicks you're interested in don't have a "thing"... but at your age, you shouldn't be worried about getting the one you're interested in... you know what happens with most relationships that start around your age? THEY FAIL... miserably.

right now it should be a numbers game for you.. straight up..

also, when ANY girl is drunk and/or stoned... you should totally be whipping out your dong... even if it seems incredibly inappropriate..

it may fail... it may not... but at least you'll get attention on yourself when people start talking about you.. and chicks know you're game

Comment

on the topic of the thread though...

can't really say i've partook in internet dating sites...

BUT, the two most meaningful relationships i've had in my life, i met both of them through the internet

the internet is just a microcosm of the real world... the SAME kinds of people are on it... it just simplifies the feeling out process a bit.... i never understood the general "oh i would never do that" sentiment towards online dating

Comment

I tried POF.com years and years ago, and had relative success.
              Met tons of girls on there, dated a few.
              Ultimately decided it wasn't the route with which I wanted to meet a girl.

I find it ruins the fun a little bit for me ...
              The two best parts of meeting/dating a new girl is:
              1) The Chase
              2) Learning new things about her.

With internet dating, the chase is wittled down to whether or not they dig your Profile Picture.
              If they don't, they won't respond back to you. Most of the girls on those sites get like 200 messages a day.

And the whole part of learning new things about eachother is condensed into the 4 minutes it takes to read their profile.

I met my girlfriend on the TTC bus on my way to work.
              Much better story to tell the kids, and far less likely she turns out to be a Stalker.

Chicks dig Different. At that age, all they want is too piss off their Parents. You should be Perfect for that role! hahah
              Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 26, 2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                I met my girlfriend on the TTC bus on my way to work.
                you're my hero, sir.

i've been trying to figure out that riddle my entire life, it seems. The TTC pick up.

I've figured out puzzles that on the surface seem a thousand times more ridiculously complicated... but the TTC hustle.... i just don't even know where to start..

it should be so simple. but i cant even wrap my head around step #1.

i think it's the lack of booze.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  you're my hero, sir.

i've been trying to figure out that riddle my entire life, it seems. The TTC pick up.

I've figured out puzzles that on the surface seem a thousand times more ridiculously complicated... but the TTC hustle.... i just don't even know where to start..

it should be so simple. but i cant even wrap my head around step #1.

i think it's the lack of booze.
                  Hahaha, well I tell you what, it wasn't easy.

I'd seen her on the same bus a number of times, and was always very "Damnit, just go talk to her!!" but of course, on the TTC, it is NOT that easy.

But seriously, I'd probably seen her on the bus for nearly 7 months before finally talking to her.
                  And what ended up happening, and this usually does happen if you can plan to be in the right place at the right time, was she gave me the in; sat down beside me on the bus, and was reading a book I'd just finished reading not to long before (Books are the KEY to the TTC pick-up. Used them as an in to chat up girls on a number of occasions.)

I made a comment about how good the book was; and boom, I was in.

If there is any other route to talking to girls on the bus, I'm dying to hear it.
                  Books are the only one I could come up with.

And if you're not into Chicks that Read, well ... then I've got nothing.
                  Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 26, 2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

i honestly cant think of a single thing i've said to a woman on the TTC that hasnt had me immediately think "oh my god, you're a moron"

now my dog... chick magnet, right there... you can almost get away with no effort at all

Comment

also, when ANY girl is drunk and/or stoned... you should totally be whipping out your dong... even if it seems incredibly inappropriate..
                      Man, I can't believe that actually worked for you. I got the ole' "point & laugh" reaction. Needless to say it was the last time I whipped out my gigglestick and funberries in a party setting.

Comment

I tried that once. the problem was I was higher than the girl and I could focus on absolutely nothing.

Like Joey said, it's all about the profile pic on the dating sites.I've actually had a couple girls msg me back and everything is going good, we're messaging each other back and forth. Then, they just stop, no nothing, they just stop.

But, just the pure sex hook up sites. I've had like 20 girls contact me in 2 weeks and I didn't even have a pic for a week. They just want dick, they're too horny to care about anything else.

As long as your clean, you're good to go.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Man, I can't believe that actually worked for you. I got the ole' "point & laugh" reaction. Needless to say it was the last time I whipped out my gigglestick and funberries in a party setting.
                          i learned well after the fact, that it apparently ran in the family...

my brother, who's a year younger than me... went to a completely different high school on the other side of the city... as i grew up and slowly met more and more people outside of my high school circle... the amount of time's i heard "oh, you're his brother? he whipped out his junk when we were smoking a j, once"

and for the record, the success rate of that trick was about 5%... but when you're that young, you gotta keep trucking along... persistence wins the battle.

Comment

i'm going to have to call BULLSHIT on you son... you're buying into your own insecurities.. i was the ONLY brown(ish) person in my CATHOLIC high school... at a time when brown catholics were an extremely rare thing..

you'd be surprised how many chicks have a "thing" for different races... yet, nobody would know... mind reading isn't a skill you learn until your twenties..

maybe the chicks you're interested in don't have a "thing"... but at your age, you shouldn't be worried about getting the one you're interested in... you know what happens with most relationships that start around your age? THEY FAIL... miserably.

right now it should be a numbers game for you.. straight up..

it may fail... it may not... but at least you'll get attention on yourself when people start talking about you.. and chicks know you're game
                            alright man whatever you say. I'll keep that in mind

Comment

alright man whatever you say. I'll keep that in mind
                              remember man... everybody has a "thing"... no two people are the same... if you're just looking to have fun... there's a plethora of options available, whether you know it or not..

hell, i knew a dude who had a thing for handicapped chicks... no word of a lie... perfectly normal dude... other than the fact that he preferred chicks missing limbs or in wheelchairs..

eventually, you'll find TONS of girls who're infatuated with indian culture and shit... they're annoying as f$%#... always with the "do you speak (insert random paki language here)? can you say something to me? i love indian food, can you take me out for indian food?"

i'm the least indian part indian person on the planet... and i can't stand spicy food... but more often than not, i've found myself going "oh ya, i love bhangra... i do that shit all the time.... ya for sure, lets go get... curry?"

you find yourself contradicting yourself often in the quest to get wet

Comment

Working...
                              X