Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lot of back to backs...

Comment

November looks like a killer.. what is that 4 '3 games in 4 nights' one of which is a '4 games in 5 nights' with 5 back to backs. I thought the lock-out was over??

Comment

Just me or does it seem like we have a pretty tough schedule?

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
          The list of how many nationally televised games each team gets this year.
          The networks are: ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.
          New York Knicks - 32
          Miami Heat - 31
          Oklahoma City Thunder - 30
          Los Angeles Clippers - 30
          Los Angeles Lakers - 28
          Boston Celtics - 26
          Chicago Bulls - 26
          Dallas Mavericks - 24
          San Antonio Spurs - 24
          Brooklyn Nets - 17
          Denver Nuggets - 17
          Memphis Grizzlies - 15
          Utah Jazz - 15
          Golden State Warriors - 14
          Portland Trailblazers - 14
          Minnesota Timberwolves - 13
          Indiana Pacers - 12
          Philadelphia 76ers - 11
          New Orleans Hornets - 7
          Atlanta Hawks - 6
          Houston Rockets - 6
          Orlando Magic - 6
          Phoenix Suns - 6
          Cleveland Cavaliers - 4
          Sacramento Kings - 4
          Detroit Pistons - 3
          Milwaukee Bucks - 3
          Washington Wizards - 3
          Charlotte Bobcats - 2
          Toronto Raptors - 2

It huuuuurts
          Why are you so concerned about their US national sports coverage?
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

We have TSN to cover every single game! And have the backing of one whole country + fans from different parts of the world. For example, this guy right here from Seattle

Comment

flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
              We have TSN to cover every single game! And have the backing of one whole country + fans from different parts of the world. For example, this guy right here from Seattle
              Ya but TSN sucks.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                Ya but TSN sucks.
                The worst part about TSN/TSN2 is that they are the only cheap ass sports channel that isn't in HD. If that's not bad enough, they make the Raptors games small and widescreen, so I have to zoom in twice just to make it fill up my HD TV. I hate TSN...

Comment

It's the sort of schedule where we may get off to a rough start by playing away so much. I figure there will be tons of "I told you so's", "They suck!" and calls for heads to roll...followed by a better record towards Xmas and lots of high expectations and hopes.

Comment

flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
                    And some people who don't live in North America only have Raptormage.

Comment

I always have a major problem with the lack of Toronto coverage on American television. First, when you can't see the team and don't follow it, often commentators and fans come-up with ignorant opinions and misconceptions, that do a disservice to the Toronto players, fans, and the city itself. Bosh, among other stars, has mentioned the lack of media coverage in the US as a major pet peeve of his...and was one of the reasons he left.

1. Lack of media coverage, breeds ignorance and misconceptions.
                      2. It's harder to attract and retain players..
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                        come-up with ignorant opinions and misconceptions,
                        Why would you expect anything else from Americans?

I kid I kid (sort of)
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          November looks like a killer.. what is that 4 '3 games in 4 nights' one of which is a '4 games in 5 nights' with 5 back to backs. I thought the lock-out was over??
                          That was my first thought when I glanced over the schedule. There doesn't seem to be a lot of practice time or days off...though maybe it's always been like that and it was only slightly more condensed last season after the lockout.

Last season: 66 games over 123 days - 1.86 games/day

This season: 82 games over 169 days - 2.06 games/day

Probably not the clearest metric to illustrate it, but oh well. It looks like the condensed schedule wasn't as extreme as it was made out to be. But any bit of rest helps.
                          Last edited by Mess; Sat Jul 28, 2012, 02:15 PM.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            The worst part about TSN/TSN2 is that they are the only cheap ass sports channel that isn't in HD. If that's not bad enough, they make the Raptors games small and widescreen, so I have to zoom in twice just to make it fill up my HD TV. I hate TSN...
                            ummmm....I don't know how to tell you this, but....your mom lied and just didn't pay the extra $7 bucks for TSN & TSN2 HD.

sorry champ, if it makes you feel better I'm too cheap to afford it too.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                              That was my first thought when I glanced over the schedule. There doesn't seem to be a lot of practice time or days off...though maybe it's always been like that and it was only slightly more condensed last season after the lockout.

Last season: 66 games over 123 days - 1.86 games/day

This season: 82 games over 169 days - 2.06 games/day

Probably not the clearest metric to illustrate it, but oh well. It looks like the condensed schedule wasn't as extreme as it was made out to be. But any bit of rest helps.
                              I think you mean days/game
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X