• Fail

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2012 Off-Season Report Card

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superchunk wrote: View Post
    75%

Love Lowry, perfect addition at a good price.
    Remember watching Fields in his rookie year and thinking "why do we never get finds like that, he's awesome (in an unspectacular way)".
    Feel like BC did a good job of improving and adding the right guys but was, like many, hoping for a big splash. I love Iggy and think he's perfect for this team so those rumours had me excited.
    Have no opinion on Ross, can't help but think Drummond was a hugely missed opportunitybut really wanted Barnes. Will just have to see how Ross fits I guess.

I like that we now have 3 starter positions filled and good players in Demar/Ross/Fields (hopefully) and still have good flexibility going forward. I want to see a perennial playoff team being built and I think that's happening.
    Imagine a JV/Drummond front court in 3 or 4 years...

But he is a project, and for a team that wants to start winning sooner rather than later, he would not have been the right choice. I like Drummond in Detroit. They are going to rebuild around him and Knight and a few years down the line, they could have some talented players all taken through the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Imagine a JV/Drummond front court in 3 or 4 years...

But he is a project, and for a team that wants to start winning sooner rather than later, he would not have been the right choice. I like Drummond in Detroit. They are going to rebuild around him and Knight and a few years down the line, they could have some talented players all taken through the draft.
    Dont forget about Monroe. If Drummond can fit in at C, Monroe is going to be a perennial all-star.

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    and his girlfriend is hot
    HUGE fan of your RR name hahahaha

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quito wrote: View Post
    Dont forget about Monroe. If Drummond can fit in at C, Monroe is going to be a perennial all-star.
    Oh for sure. They have made a bunch of great decisions with picks in the past few years. Didn't Greg Monroe grab like 19 rebounds vs. the Raps one of the last games? I think him and Drummond will thrive together with Monroe playing the 4.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I put 70%. Offseason isn't over yet but this poll I'm sure will get re-created later on and we'll vote again. Right now it's 70%. The team is better than last year but also even more inexperienced. Casey got his shooters and now he has some rookies to work and teach. If Landry Fields doesn't happen and we get someone for like $4M per, then it vaults up to 90% but for now it a black mark to an otherwise pretty good offseason. (This is based on Landry Fields' short career.. if he proves otherwise that he is worth that contract of his, then feel free to put up another poll).
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quito wrote: View Post

HUGE fan of your RR name hahahaha
    Thanks, just paying my respects

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/...ource=twitter#

With Lucas III, Gray and Anderson deals now official, the Raptors appear to be closed for business for a while. Expect them to go to training camp as is and as the season goes on and injuries occur, teams struggle, etc. trade opportunities will come up that aren't currently available. Calderon is a true professional and will handle the situation as he has in the past.
    Trade speculation will follow the Raps all season, me thinks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Trade speculation will follow the Raps all season, me thinks.
    Absolutely agree! I'm starting to hope that Calderon gets traded at the trade deadline, either in a small deal to pickup a minor asset or (hopefully) as part of a much bigger deal to land a star player with a big contract (ie: Gay/Iggy), then (re)signs with Toronto next offseason to be a $5M veteran backup for the next 2/3 seasons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information