MIN sends DEN the two second round picks acquired from NO

DEN
    - Gets two second round picks and a 3rd string PF for an expiring contract
    - clears the 2/3 logjam

MIN
    - Gets desperately needed starting and backup SGs
    - Is now a serious contender for a playoff spot

MIA
    - Gets veteran PG they needed to all but garuntee a trip to the finals this year
    - clears intense logjam at 2/3 positions

TOR
    - Gives away their backup PG who is a starter
    - Swaps two wings at an equal value but loses some potential
    - Gets great potential future PG Norris Cole
    - Gets two backup PGs brhind Lowry
    - Rotation is now set
    - Clears cap space

2012-13 Raptors Rotation

Valanciunas/ Amir/ Gray
    Bargnani/ Davis/ Acy
    Fields/ Klieza/ Jones
    Brewer/ Ross/ Anderson
    Lowry/ Cole/ Ridnour

7-10 seed in east

Firstly, I would prefer not to help the Heat win more future championship. Secondly, you haven't made us better. If anything, you made us worse going into next season. Brewer is an insane downgrade from Demar. You just created another gigantic hole in our team which would be the SG position in the 2012-2013 season. Ross is not ready yet. He has yet to prove that he can score consistently in the NBA. If he can prove that he can shoot better than Demar and has a higher ceiling than him, it is only then would I agree with trade Demar. So basically you trade Calderon (one of the best facilitators in the NBA) and Derozan (Close to All-star potential) for Cole (Back-up point guard), Ridnour (Another back-up point guard), Brewer (Back-up SG/SF) and Jones (3rd string SF). There is no point in having both Cole and Ridnour. For one, they're both second-string point guards in the NBA. However, I would rather have Ridnour as a back-up than Cole. Next, if we do land JL3, there is no point in getting more back-up point guards. As for the trade in general, I'm pretty sure we can get way better pieces if we trade Calderon and Demar separately.

Comment

You are lost. DeMar isn't even that good. He will NEVER be an allstar. Calderon has very little trade value because of his contract. SG hole? Brewer, Ross and Fields. You call that a hole?

Comment

are u kidding do yourself a favour and dont post garbage like this again!
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
          You are lost. DeMar isn't even that good. He will NEVER be an allstar. Calderon has very little trade value because of his contract. SG hole? Brewer, Ross and Fields. You call that a hole?
          Okay. Let's look at the SG position with (Demar and Ross) and without the trade (Brewer and Ross). Because Ross is in both, we can exclude him from the comparison.

First, let's look at the starting SG if the trade happens, so let's look at Brewer. He averages 8.3 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 0.9 APG in 16.6 minutes with an efficiency rating of +7.43. Corey Brewer was a backup last year to Arron Afflalo (I think), so he was mostly playing with backup players. Next, let's look at the starting SG if the trade doesn't happen, so let's look at Demar. He averages 16.7 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 2.0 APG in 35 minutes with an efficiency rating of +11.90. He is a starting SG, so he's playing against mostly starting caliber players.

Now let's compare pros and cons of both players. The only problem with Demar on offense is his poor 3 point percentage. His 3P% is 26.1%, but Corey Brewer is no better at 30%. Yes Brewer's 3P% is 4% better, but let's look at the 3PA to conclude this. Demar only attempts 0.7 threes per game, but Brewer averages 1.7 threes per game. Brewer averages more three point attempts per game with less play time, so I would say they are equally as bad at threes. Shooting is one of easiest thing to fix in the NBA, so Demar can improve. The only thing that Brewer does that Demar struggles on is defense, but there is still time for improvement in Demar's defense. Remember that last year, there was no training camp to help Demar improve his defense with Dwayne Casey. Casey has also hinted that Demar has gotten bigger over the summer which will drastically help him on defense along with an actual training camp.

Overall, Demar is clearly the better player over Brewer as our starting SG. Not to mention that Brewer is 3-4 years old than Demar, so Demar easily has more years to help make him a better player. The average age when NBA players reach their prime is around 26-30 years old and since Brewer is already 26 years old, this is more or less the best he is going to get. Is there a chance that Demar won't be an all-star? Yes. Is there a chance that Demar will be an all-star in the future? Yes. Is Brewer a better player than Demar now and in the future? You would have to be a fool to think that. So please don't say I'm lost when you're the one that is clearly lost....

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
            are u kidding do yourself a favour and dont post garbage like this again!
            Me or Alex_Elstone?

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
              Me or Alex_Elstone?
              Sorry i should have clarified who i was speaking to, I was talking to Alex_Elstone Im 100% with you blacklash2k4. I'm not big on conspiracies but I think this Alex_Elstone and many others like him are fans of other teams trying to infiltrate this site. They post these wild lopsided trade proposals which would never make us better. I know that this forum is meant for speculating and expressing opinions but if your post isn't bringing anything constructive to the table I don't think that person should post, that's just my opinion.
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                Sorry i should have clarified who i was speaking to, I was talking to Alex_Elstone Im 100% with you blacklash2k4. I'm not big on conspiracies but I think this Alex_Elstone and many others like him are fans of other teams trying to infiltrate this site. They post these wild lopsided trade proposals which would never make us better. I know that this forum is meant for speculating and expressing opinions but if your post isn't bringing anything constructive to the table I don't think that person should post, that's just my opinion.
                lol can't blame you for thinking that. I didn't believe your conspiracy at first, but I started to believe when I saw this trade in the forum:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...814#post148814

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  lol can't blame you for thinking that. I didn't believe your conspiracy at first, but I started to believe when I saw this trade in the forum:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...814#post148814
                  exactly!

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cm4ocv8

Draft picks added:

TOR sends MIA future second round pick

MIN sends DEN the two second round picks acquired from NO

DEN
                    - Gets two second round picks and a 3rd string PF for an expiring contract
                    - clears the 2/3 logjam

MIN
                    - Gets desperately needed starting and backup SGs
                    - Is now a serious contender for a playoff spot

MIA
                    - Gets veteran PG they needed to all but garuntee a trip to the finals this year
                    - clears intense logjam at 2/3 positions

TOR
                    - Gives away their backup PG who is a starter
                    - Swaps two wings at an equal value but loses some potential
                    - Gets great potential future PG Norris Cole
                    - Gets two backup PGs brhind Lowry
                    - Rotation is now set
                    - Clears cap space

2012-13 Raptors Rotation

Valanciunas/ Amir/ Gray
                    Bargnani/ Davis/ Acy
                    Fields/ Klieza/ Jones
                    Brewer/ Ross/ Anderson
                    Lowry/ Cole/ Ridnour

7-10 seed in east
                    Well for starters we'd have too many players because of JL3. 2nd all this trade does is trade our depth at Pg for an equal amount of depth at PG while downgrading our sg position. James jones is retired anyways. Also there is nooooo way brewer is better than Demar. You can say Demar will never be an Allstar but he's a hell of a lot closer than brewer and looks like a superstar compared to him. This doesn't help the raptors at all.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                      Well for starters we'd have too many players because of JL3. 2nd all this trade does is trade our depth at Pg for an equal amount of depth at PG while downgrading our sg position. James jones is retired anyways. Also there is nooooo way brewer is better than Demar. You can say Demar will never be an Allstar but he's a hell of a lot closer than brewer and looks like a superstar compared to him. This doesn't help the raptors at all.
                      lol exactly what I said

Comment

Working...
                      X