Devlin calls CFL now!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devlin calls CFL now!?

I'm watching the argos/als game and I've yet to see him. But, the guy sure sounds a whole hell of a lot like Devlin.

Ok, just popping up on screen now and confirmed it is indeed Devlin alongside Glen Suitor.

TSN must be seriously short staffed from the olympics and such because belive it or not. He's more brutal than when he calls a raps game.

It seems "touchdown" is a four-syliable word!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

I've never watched football and I don't really like the sport, but I might just tune in to hear Devlin for the kicks.

"PUNJABI!"

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1323...alouettes.html

Here's a stream for others that don't have TV.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Does anybody else hate Devlin? Ok not hate, but I strongly dislike his way of commentating. I think he's tied fpr worst in the league with the Clippers guy, bring back Dan Shulman!

P.S. - Not too fond of Leo Rautins either.

Comment

i'm sorry could you not sense the strong negativity and disgust in my statement?

let me put it simply

he's fucking horrid!

I've not come acroos a single person who "likes" devlin's commentating. some will say he's alright, but that's as positive at it gets.

He strongly gets outshined for the general hate people have for leo rautins as a waste of fresh air.
        Last edited by LBF; Fri Jul 27, 2012, 10:33 PM.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          i'm sorry could you not sense the strong negativity and disgust in my statement?

let me put it simply

he's fucking horrid!

I've not come acroos a single person who "likes" devlin's commentating. some will say he's alright, but that's as positive at it gets.

He strongly gets outshined for the general hate people have for leo rautins as a waste of fresh air.
          He's too unnatural, doesn't have that sexy Marv Albert flow of moving on to a next topic or makin nice hype calls. Please fire him along with Leo and Herbie Kuhn. Sorry Herb, not feeling you.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            I'm watching the argos/als game and I've yet to see him. But, the guy sure sounds a whole hell of a lot like Devlin.

Ok, just popping up on screen now and confirmed it is indeed Devlin alongside Glen Suitor.

TSN must be seriously short staffed from the olympics and such because belive it or not. He's more brutal than when he calls a raps game.

It seems "touchdown" is a four-syliable word!

hold the phone..... some one is watching CFL football? Now I've heard it all.

Comment

hopefully hes done doing the raps games..Devlin sucks...bring back the Swirsk!!!!lol

Comment

Chuck is the best! He always returns my emails when I get down to sending him messages. I take it he's always loyal to fans trying his best to reply to all messages alike.
                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

bring in kevin colabro!!!

this dude is awesome. "flips a beauty on a one dribble adjustment" this dude knows what to say and delivers it perfectly.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    bring in kevin colabro!!!

this dude is awesome. "flips a beauty on a one dribble adjustment" this dude knows what to say and delivers it perfectly.
                    I am on board for that. Guy called everything on spot.

I want Chuck back, guy is too good to be doing radio commentating.

Is it just me, but when Chuck left, we started losing games?
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                      hold the phone..... some one is watching CFL football? Now I've heard it all.
                      Whoa... Let's not get personal now... The argos may not get a lot of love in TO, but there are committed CFL fans across the country. As a fan of both the Riders and the Raps, I that that you would find way way more Rider fans than Raps fans across Canada.

In fact, I doubt that it's even close...

And yes... Matt wasn't awesome at calling tonite's game... However, I doubt if he has watched much CFL. In that sense, I guess he did allright...

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        I am on board for that. Guy called everything on spot.

I want Chuck back, guy is too good to be doing radio commentating.

Is it just me, but when Chuck left, we started losing games?
                        I think Chuck left mostly for family reasons. I think for some reason, he had to be in the Chicago area. At least, that's what I remember, because I know he liked it in Toronto as he became a Canadian citizen, no?
                        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Just to say I don't find Devlin offensive or anything. Kind of comically bad, like he stumbled ass-backward into this job with no qualification. At the same time, I prefer him over Chuck...what an overenthusiastic knob....the only reason he lasted so long in Toronto was his connection to the VC years and his salami and cheese line. Again, Chuck I found actively bad, always trying to sound smarter than his partner, more enthusiastic than fans, when really he's just a douche. Matt seems more sincere, even if sometimes it's sincerely stupid and inadequate...

Comment

I will say this about Chuck though, especially compared to Devlin, at least he had pretty good general sports knowledge. Always did a better job filling dead time with things like that

Comment

I am on record as being a huge swirsky fan. Yes he was a knob, but he was our knob. And I do think that he added wins to our teams when he was the commentator. Someone should sleep with his wife so they break up and we get get them back. I vote Heinz!
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X