Devlin calls CFL now!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I am on record as being a huge swirsky fan. Yes he was a knob, but he was our knob. And I do think that he added wins to our teams when he was the commentator. Someone should sleep with his wife so they break up and we get get them back. I vote Heinz!
    Chuck was the dude! Let's bring him back!

Heinz...what say you? Will you take one for the team?

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
      hold the phone..... some one is watching CFL football? Now I've heard it all.
      +1

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I am on board for that. Guy called everything on spot.

I want Chuck back, guy is too good to be doing radio commentating.

Is it just me, but when Chuck left, we started losing games?
        very true... weve been the Craptors ever since Chuck left... its the curse of the swirsk LOL

Comment

I wonder how bad Devlin's presence is if you get Devlin to play-by-play for the Heat, do you think they will become a sub-0.500 team?

Comment

Hold the phone...someone (apparently a few people) actually liked Chuck as an announcer? Now I've heard it all. Not saying Devlin is great, but Chuck was such a homer and a suckup.

Though they haven't exactly had the easiest job in the world. I've felt sorry for them many times, trying to fill in the gaps in another blowout loss.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Chuck was great. I think the majority of fans loved him. Matt Devlin is really trying and I guess he is all right but somehow it seems as he doesn't fit. Or maybe I am just used to listen to Chuck.

Comment

Lets face it Chuck ain't coming back. I vote for KC!

Comment

I somehow doubt Devlin was ever really meant to be a long term replacement...I wonder if Eric Smith will ever move up from radio to TV. He'd have to be able to do a different role though.

Comment

Eric Smith? No thanks..not a big fan of him or Jonesy...or anyone really. But it's not like we're spoiled around here.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I don't know, in terms of our team coverage, we have decent crews. Most teams have pretty bad commentators doing their own coverage. Even nationally there's some people I really can't stand *cough* Reggie Miller*cough*Bill Walton* I was pretty happy when Walton stopped working the national games.

Comment

Actually, in certain parts of Canada.People are actually...PATRIOTIC!
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          +1
                          I get the sense. You don't like football in general.

As someone else pointed out. In Hamilton(where I live), Regina, Montreal, Both coasts. Basically every place outside the GTA. Especially, outside Ontario. You can talk about that provinces CFL team and even the CFL for three times as long as the raptors.

In Regina, they made a cereal called "Fantuz Flakes" named after the Roughriders most popular player and the stuff was practically jumping into peoples buggies. If you don't believe me, I will find several articles to back it up.

The CFL is no longer some joke of a league, with two teams sharing a name. Those days are well past.

When I go to games. The fun, even off the field is enough to lighten the mood of scrooge.

On Labour Day, it's always sold out. People who don't even care that much about football go to just make fun of the argos and their 100 fans that show up.

On a personal level, I like the CFL better than the NFL, especially as far as excitemwnt.The pace is so much quicker.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

He's from Hamilton, it's not his fault!

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              I get the sense. You don't like football in general.

As someone else pointed out. In Hamilton(where I live), Regina, Montreal, Both coasts. Basically every place outside the GTA. Especially, outside Ontario. You can talk about that provinces CFL team and even the CFL for three times as long as the raptors.

In Regina, they made a cereal called "Fantuz Flakes" named after the Roughriders most popular player and the stuff was practically jumping into peoples buggies. If you don't believe me, I will find several articles to back it up.

The CFL is no longer some joke of a league, with two teams sharing a name. Those days are well past.

When I go to games. The fun, even off the field is enough to lighten the mood of scrooge.

On Labour Day, it's always sold out. People who don't even care that much about football go to just make fun of the argos and their 100 fans that show up.

On a personal level, I like the CFL better than the NFL, especially as far as excitemwnt.The pace is so much quicker.

In terms of Canadian merchandise sales, the Riders only trail Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadians! I think that would definitely surprise most people in Toronto.

http://www.canada.com/sports/footbal...557/story.html

(In 2010, the Riders sold a whopping $10 million in team merchandise — everything from jerseys to hats to dog leashes to motor oil — to give them the third-highest sales of any Canadian sporting team. Only the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens sold more.)

I'm not sure where the raps would fall on that list...

On another note, I'm trying to imagine the Swirsky calling some CFL games. I wonder who would break out the Salami and Cheese for him!

Comment

Just hire the TBJ guys

Comment

Working...
                                X