Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Devlin calls CFL now!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    +1

The reality is that once he leaves he's everyone is going to be talking about how they miss him. He's sold. Not great, but not bad.

But we can all universally agree that Leo sucks and Rod Black should stick to figure skating.
    Don't count on that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Oh man we're gonna need a Everything Devlin sticky now. This seems to happen every couple months.

Devlin is a bit of a goof, but it's hard to be creative when the you're calling a team that sucks all the time. If he told like it is and bashed the Raptors for losing all the time he wouldn't have a job. It's that simple. If you seen him do the playoff games this year you would agree. There's a reason they call him up for playoff games, it's cause he knows what he's doing. Watch some other local broadcasts, we have it pretty good actually. Except of course Leo.
    s
    I find it funny that Toronto seems to be the only major cdn city that doesn't give a crap about CFL. I love the CFL (but im not from TO). I'm not going to tell you it's better than NFL cause I'm not on crack. It is the 2nd best football in the world and it's always fun to find a reason to hate other Canadian cities.
    I just can't stand the greed in the nfl.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    see i'm not sure about that. they're all freaks of nature.

i actually watch both leagues about equally and that's my opinion. From the sounds of it, you don't.

If you do ,I respect your opinion fully.

if you don't, i still respect your opinion. but, don't find it valid.
    I watch both .. similar to how I watch both CIS and NCAA bball .. and in the context, generally enjoy both. However, I would never confuse the fact that the CIS is better ball than NCAA (or that NCAA is better ball than the NBA as some people who love the tourney like to claim).

I look at the CFL the same way. If there is an NFL and a CFL game on .. no way in hell I go to CFL. But .. on a random night with nothing else on .. sure, the CFL is watchable

Post Thanks / Like

The only raptors announcing crew member I have ever liked is Jack Armstrong. He has his cheesy bits but I like his floor game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    I watch both .. similar to how I watch both CIS and NCAA bball .. and in the context, generally enjoy both. However, I would never confuse the fact that the CIS is better ball than NCAA (or that NCAA is better ball than the NBA as some people who love the tourney like to claim).

I look at the CFL the same way. If there is an NFL and a CFL game on .. no way in hell I go to CFL. But .. on a random night with nothing else on .. sure, the CFL is watchable
    You can't compare college to the major leagues. That's like comparing the minors to the majors.

The CFL and NFL are both pro leagues.

There is an equal amount of difficulty to both leagues and the more and more I try to find reasons for the NFL being better than the CFL, I can't.

At least, as far as on-field product goes.

It's like the euros and NBA. The KHL and NHL. Even the best athletes need time to adapt because of the different rules and such.

To me the only difference on-field to do with players between cfl and nfl. Is that the CFL players are smaller or averaged size.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    The only raptors announcing crew member I have ever liked is Jack Armstrong. He has his cheesy bits but I like his floor game.
    My dream team is Jack Armstrong and John Saunders.

and Tim Micallef or TBJ in the studio.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My Dream team is Jack Armstrong and Kevin Colabro. That is a dynamic duo

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    You can't compare college to the major leagues. That's like comparing the minors to the majors.

The CFL and NFL are both pro leagues.

There is an equal amount of difficulty to both leagues and the more and more I try to find reasons for the NFL being better than the CFL, I can't.

At least, as far as on-field product goes.

It's like the euros and NBA. The KHL and NHL. Even the best athletes need time to adapt because of the different rules and such.

To me the only difference on-field to do with players between cfl and nfl. Is that the CFL players are smaller or averaged size.
    While I respect football I'm not a fan. THe NFL does a great job of selling to a rabid fan base but their athletes are the true thugs of pro sports (never could figure out hoe NBA players got that rap) and the sport is so morally bankrupt that I find no joy in it anymore. There are serious on and off court issues plaguing both the CFL and NFL that they keep trying to hide and the fanbase willfully looks the other way. I like the NFL more, I suppose because they manage to have a league with more than 8 teams, none of which have the same name, and not everyone makes the playoffs. The rahrahrah flag waving and over the top "patriotism" really grosses me out though.

Always loved the bit from GTAIII on the call in radio show: "Football teaches you real American values. Like taking other peoples land by force. And wearing tight pants while you do it."

Anyhow, the CFL is still a joke league to many people across our fair land. I grew up in Montreal without the Als, and NO ONE gave a shit about FB, CFL or NFL. Now the 514 boasts some great fans but it's still very niche and appeals (mostly) to young anglos. Yes, it's terrible here in TO admittedly and my Buddy from the Sask and his parents are religious about it but it still a Division 2 league.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All that being said, Screw Matt Devlin. Get him outta here! Sick, sick sick of him. I'd rather listen to Kardi call the games.

"Oooo sick wit it brah, CLACK CLACK RELOAD! BRRRRAPPPP!!! You see that? My Man is engaging in some serious Ol' Time killin, seen!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information