• Show
Clear All

• Tor-Chi (Loul Deng)

Tor sends:
    Calderon
    Ed Davis

Chicago sends:
    Loul Deng

Rationale: Chicago has a hurt Derrick Rose for the year and in my mind would LOVE an expiring player in the mold of one of the best distributors in the league. The team defense Chicago is known for will definitely hide Calderons deficiencies. I honestly see no better talent filling in the PG spot for Chicago, i see Calderon as meant for the bulls.
    Ed Davis is also a delicious part of this deal, joining Taj Gibson, Joakim, and Boozer within the rotation, this would be the grittiest and most defensively savvy front court in the league, bench and starters! Bonus is the amount of money shed, Ed is only 3 mil, Calderon is an expiring 10 million they would love for next off-season!

For Toronto, Loul Deng is the answer at SF, we clear PF jam, and get good return value for Calderon who is likely gone soon (if not now, at mid-season). Loul is known for both his defense, and his savvy veteran presence on offense. Still young enough to contribute for the next while and would officially change the face of this team. Negatives include his contract of 13 million.

Toronto:
    Lowry/JLIII
    Derozan/Ross/Alan
    Deng/Fields/Kleiza
    Bargnani/Amir/Acy
    Valancuinas/Gray

13-man roster

Chicago:
    Calderon/Teague
    Hinrich/Belinelli
    Hamilton/Butler
    Boozer/Ed
    Noah/Gibson

Though Chicago would probably need to improve their wings now, they could probably use the flexibility Calderon gives them next summer to get a stronger wing ready in time for Derrick Rose's return! Hopefully younger and cheaper then Deng.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

It's tempting, but I'd rather wait until we see how the current Toronto roster gels. If they trade for Deng, that means there would be 3 new players in the starting lineup. That could cause chemistry issues.
    Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
      It's tempting, but I'd rather wait until we see how the current Toronto roster gels. If they trade for Deng, that means there would be 3 new players in the starting lineup. That could cause chemistry issues.
      Not just chemistry issues, but injury issues. His wrist is still slightly injured...

Comment

Working...
      X