X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, that's what i thought.

Than, i visited it.

It's worse than the Chris Nolan board.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Epic movie. SOO good. 10/10.

And the 3D HFR is VERY nice to look at. Never seen 3D so incredibly smooth and natural.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Epic movie. SOO good. 10/10.

And the 3D HFR is VERY nice to look at. Never seen 3D so incredibly smooth and natural.
        Went last night. Can't be quite so bullish on it.

It is way, way too long. Way too long. And, the entire movie is basically a setup for the next two movies..... The Hobbit was a short, fun, childrens' adventure novel. This movie stretched the book to its limits and way beyond and it's not even half done yet.

The Hobbit would have been a great 2.5 hour movie but Jackson seems intent on re-making the Lord of the Rings and the studio execs want the extra cash. It's too bad cause the movie looks great and technically it's pretty awesome but the plot is meandering and maddeningly slow jammed up with pointless and repititive action scenes.

If you're a Tolkien fan you'll like it but it doesn't have the appeal of the LOTR films.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Went last night. Can't be quite so bullish on it.

It is way, way too long. Way too long. And, the entire movie is basically a setup for the next two movies..... The Hobbit was a short, fun, childrens' adventure novel. This movie stretched the book to its limits and way beyond and it's not even half done yet.

The Hobbit would have been a great 2.5 hour movie but Jackson seems intent on re-making the Lord of the Rings and the studio execs want the extra cash. It's too bad cause the movie looks great and technically it's pretty awesome but the plot is meandering and maddeningly slow jammed up with pointless and repititive action scenes.

If you're a Tolkien fan you'll like it but it doesn't have the appeal of the LOTR films.
          this is what i was worried most about...

i'm a HUGE hobbit fan... it has always been my favourite book, despite it being the first novel i ever read to completion..

it's an intimate self contained story... LOTR is a grandiose epic

ideally, the hobbit should have been something on the scale of the princess bride

i'll still watch it... but, i have a feeling stretching out the narrative way beyond it's stretching point is going to ruin it for me

Comment

Just watched it.

I'm going to start calling it "The Hoooooooooooooooobbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt" just because of how unnecessarily drawn out it was.
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              ideally, the hobbit should have been something on the scale of the Princess Bride
              The history of middle-earth doesn't really allow this in my opinion. There's SO much backstory to everything that goes on Middle Earth that to gloss over that and make it a 2 hour movie would have been an injustice to the Lore. In my opinion.
              In order to treat the story with the needed care and appropriate backstory, he needed to draw it all out.
              Last edited by Joey; Sun Dec 23, 2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I love LOTR movies, but I almost fell asleep at the end of the movie this time. This is not a compliment.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                X