Quincy Acy Signed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy Acy Signed.

I don't know if this was seen yet, but just want to make sure! I didn't see a thread on it :S

http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...ck-quincy-acy/

The Toronto Raptors announced Monday they have signed forward Quincy Acy to a multi-year contract. The Raptors selected Acy with the 37th selection in the 2012 NBA Draft. Per team policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Acy had six points and six rebounds in his NBA Summer League debut with Toronto on Friday.

Acy, 6-8, 225 pounds, averaged 12.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 29.7 minutes in 38 starts last season at Baylor. He was named Big 12 All-Defensive team (unanimously) and All-Big 12 Second Team by the coaches. He is the second player in Bears history to finish his collegiate career ranked in the Top 10 in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots and field goal percentage.

As a senior, Acy had eight double-doubles, 10 double-digit rebounding games and 22 games with multiple blocks. He was Baylor’s lone NCAA South Regional All-Tournament Team selection. He recorded 22 points and eight rebounds in his final game at Baylor, an Elite Eight NCAA Tournament loss to eventual NCAA Champion Kentucky.

In his junior campaign, Acy led the Bears in rebounding (7.6 rpg) and blocks (1.5 bpg) and finished third in scoring (12.4 ppg). He totaled a career-high 25 points and 11 rebounds vs. La Salle.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

I heard somewhere that it's not a guaranteed contract. Is that even possible?

Comment

He is on a contract similar to Solo - 2 years guaranteed just above minimum and 3rd year not guaranteed.

Year 1 $655k
      Year 2 $789k
      Year 3 $915k - not guaranteed.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/toronto-raptors-team-salary

Comment

Mark my words, Acy is going to be a gem.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
          Mark my words, Acy is going to be a gem.
          I too see potential in Acy. But it ain't gonna be easy competing for minutes with 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I too see potential in Acy. But it ain't gonna be easy competing for minutes with 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart....
            I get the feeling that if Ed shows the same effort that he did last year in practices etc. Acy is going to beat the crap out of him and take his minutes. I can certainly see Casey sending a message about motor to him.

Comment

This dude is a beast

Comment

Also, he's closer to 6'6" than 6'8" (withouth shoes). To put it in perspective, Harrison Barnes is taller than he is at 6'7" (without shoes) and plays SF.

Comment

He'll carve out a niche on this team. Energy guy off the bench who'll mix it up on the floor when needed. Crazy, but i'm looking forward to seeing this guy play next year.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Also, he's closer to 6'6" than 6'8" (withouth shoes). To put it in perspective, Harrison Barnes is taller than he is at 6'7" (without shoes) and plays SF.
                    and he plays the 4?? yikes. he better learn to shoot.

Comment

I'm convinced they meant to pick Quincy Miller and not Quincy Acy, but someone in the organization got the names mixed up and submitted the incorrect information to the folks announcing the names during the draft. Obviously embarassing, so they couldn't back track and say they meant to take the other Quincy. Anyone from the Rap's organization been fired lately?

Comment

I'm not sold on Acy after watching him in his brief time in the summer league. His highlight reels are impressive, but I am not sure he can play the 4 effectively in the NBA.

However, here are some promising combine numbers:
                        Best in Lane Agility Drill - 10.48
                        3rd in hand length and 2nd in hand width

And not so promising numbers:
                        I am concerned about his weight for a guy that's supposed to bully people around (223 - less than barnes).
                        7'2 wingspan
                        8'10 reach
                        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

Acy was the leader of Baylor.
                          He is an energy guy and a hard worker.
                          Acy is not going to play big minutes barring injury, blowout, or foul trouble.

Just my opinion but Acy's selection is not about basketball talent.
                          This whole culture thing requires people who have those values naturally present.
                          Acy's job will be to bring the intensity in practice and, by example, force those with more talent to work.

Maybe I am being a little too naive but Acy was drafted for the intangibles.
                          Acy seems to exude many of the attributes Casey is looking for - he is certainly not a traditional BC pick.
                          Given where the Raps have gone picking the 'sexy' or 'upside' picks the last few years, Acy might surprise many.

Quincy Miller is extremely talented but since just about every team in the league passed on him once and 6 teams (including Toronto) passed on him twice, maybe there is something we are missing (heart? body? inability to play SF? just guesses on my part).
                          I can only tell you that I jumped off the couch when I heard Quincy and immediately said, "WTF!?!?!" when I heard Acy.
                          I hope my initial disappointment proven to be false.

Comment

I'm still a bit baffled regarding the pick of Acy. Just don't see how he fits a need because he certainly couldn't be considered the best player available where the picked him. Guys like Joey Dorsey could have been had if you truly needed another big.

I felt that the pick could have been better used on either a project player like Quincy Miller or event a third string pg like Tyshawn Taylor (instead of JL3). Instead they went with an undersized and under skilled "big" whom is a senior so has probably reached closer to his ceiling than most.

My hope is that management was able to see some sort of intanglibles during private work outs which Acy has yet to display. The pick doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              I'm still a bit baffled regarding the pick of Acy. Just don't see how he fits a need because he certainly couldn't be considered the best player available where the picked him. Guys like Joey Dorsey could have been had if you truly needed another big.

I felt that the pick could have been better used on either a project player like Quincy Miller or event a third string pg like Tyshawn Taylor (instead of JL3). Instead they went with an undersized and under skilled "big" whom is a senior so has probably reached closer to his ceiling than most.

My hope is that management was able to see some sort of intanglibles during private work outs which Acy has yet to display. The pick doesn't make much sense to me.
                              I am in 100% agreement. Hopefully the guys making millions know more than Joe Blow at the keyboard.

I would have thought Acy would have been available at 53.

I am hoping/praying/thinking the rational of picking him is putting a young, hard working, tough player in amongst other young players and have him grow with them and hopefully rub off in terms of work ethic and intensity.

Just to clarify, I have no idea if this is true or not - just speculation on my part.

Comment

Working...
                              X