No announcement yet.

Quincy Acy Signed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, both PJ3 and Q. Miller, whom were the two most talented players on the roster and guys pegged to be first rounders did look up to Acy as a leader, so you may be onto something there Matt.

Comment

Quincy Acy, mark my words, will be another incoming Reggie Evans type player. He's not as defensively smart as Reggie Evans in terms of help-side and post, but he is more skilled than Evans offensively.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Quincy Acy, mark my words, will be another incoming Reggie Evans type player. He's not as defensively smart as Reggie Evans in terms of help-side and post, but he is more skilled than Evans offensively.
        Mark your words?

How many games did you see him play @ Baylor?

I saw him play a lot and his brief stint in Vegas. All I can say about Acy is this:
        1) he is one of the most NBA Ready players in the draft (drafted as a senior) his body is developed
        2) he wont get physically dominated like Ross will for the first couple of years.
        3) he will play his ass off and push anyone at 3-4 position who is not guarding their position
        4) he will be a very good practice player - will never be told "stop screwing around in practice and pay attention" *ahem* James Johnson
        5) He will never go rouge and will always play the system
        6) He will kiss DC's ass.
        Not sure who will win the JUST GLAD TO BE HERE award him or Allan Andersen.
        7) very good energy guy
        8) he is a complimentary piece like Reggie. Needs 3 scorers on the floor with him. They will never run a play for him nor will they need to.
        9) Is a good pick because the team suddenly has surrounded Derozen and Bargs with highly motivated and hungry players who will not suck out or take plays off and won't flake out at times during the season. *ahem* James Johnson.

Would not be surprised if they match him with some 3's even Lebron type players who have size and strength.

Will he get any minutes? will he get confidence at the NBA level? hard to say at this point he is starting way down on the pecking order going in to camp.
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post

LOL

Acy for sure, Anderson had his run at the trophy
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Mark your words?

I saw him play a lot and his brief stint in Vegas. All I can say about Acy is this:
            1) he is one of the most NBA Ready players in the draft (drafted as a senior) his body is developed
            2) he wont get physically dominated like Ross will for the first couple of years.
            3) he will play his ass off and push anyone at 3-4 position who is not guarding their position
            4) he will be a very good practice player - will never be told "stop screwing around in practice and pay attention" *ahem* James Johnson
            7) very good energy guy
            8) he is a complimentary piece like Reggie. Needs 3 scorers on the floor with him. They will never run a play for him nor will they need to.
            9) Is a good pick because the team suddenly has surrounded Derozen and Bargs with highly motivated and hungry players who will not suck out or take plays off and won't flake out at times during the season. *ahem* James Johnson.

Would not be surprised if they match him with some 3's even Lebron type players who have size and strength.

Will he get any minutes? will he get confidence at the NBA level? hard to say at this point he is starting way down on the pecking order going in to camp.
            You're telling me things I already know. A Reggie Evans type player would for sure be welcomed onto this roster.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Mark your words?

7) very good energy guy

Great post and summary of Acy. Certainly was not the sexy pick but a good one for what the Raps hope to become.

Comment

I love this

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/dr...cy_profile.nba

This guy is awesome

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                  Mark my words, Acy is going to be a gem.
                  If that is the case, all we need to find out is whether he is an amethyst or a pigeon-blood ruby. I know which one I would rather own.

Comment

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012...of-baylor-but/

I found this article about him from before the draft...

Acy was signed to be Casey's assistant coach lol

But seriously, we have so many people with good attitudes and such, and we have leaders in Lowry and Acy...

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                      http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012...of-baylor-but/

I found this article about him from before the draft...

Acy was signed to be Casey's assistant coach lol

But seriously, we have so many people with good attitudes and such, and we have leaders in Lowry and Acy...
                      Funny reading that article today. A lot of foreshadowing from a Raptor perspective...

Comment

Working...
                      X