Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: According to Slam: Raptors among five teams to make a huge jump

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    The raptors aren't making the playoffs. They're still lacking some things, i feel anyways. There are always injuries and regressions. Jose had a career year last year, but, he's not the starter anymore and is on the trade block.
    There is one difference right there. Alot of little things went right last year that seem flukey.
    Let's put this into perspective. How do we define "huge jump"? To me a huge jump would be 10-15 more wins. Philly got the 8th seed last year with an extrapolated 43 wins, this in a season where the east was supposed to be highly improved. The Raptors had an extrapolated record last year of 29-53 so they were essentially 14 games back of 8th seed when the dust settled. If the Raptors do take a huge jump then they will be in the hunt for 8th seed.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    The Raptors held out Jose and Andrea for extended periods of time when they could have played. They made no attempt to improve their roster from the offseason on (unless ofcourse one believed Rasual Butler, Jamaal Magloire or Carter were attempts at improving). They traded a useful player (Barbossa) for a 2nd round pick. They scoured the d-league to fill roster spots and actually bothered to give Alabi minutes. Colangelo's entire talking point last season was cap flexibility.

While I don't think the players themselves under Casey did anything close to tanking, I think the Colangelo and management clearly attempted to.
    I agree with that. I guess the difference i was pointing out was that, although the motive of the season as a whole was to tank, they didn't do the same tank job at the end when it counted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    42-40 in the BEST case scenario would grab the Raptors an eight seed. Which sets up your next statement.. You think the Raptors would take the Heat to seven games in the first round?
    I like hanging around people like you
    Probably already mentioned in this thread but do you think the Sixers would win in 6 against the Bulls this year. Anything can happen. Does that make the Raptors contenders? Nope. But anything can happen.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    Probably already mentioned in this thread but do you think the Sixers would win in 6 against the Bulls this year. Anything can happen. Does that make the Raptors contenders? Nope. But anything can happen.
    Bulls were not where NEAR healthy. Noah and Rose out, Deng playing hurt, no question I wasn't surprised with the outcome.

Anything can happen, but at some point optimism can be a downfall. Low expectations with surprises, are far better than high expectation and disappointments.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information