X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. men break points record with 156

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...-points-record

One word "WoW

How can you even say WOW? If it was the NBA and a team was winning by a large margin, heads would have been taken off for showboating and racking up the score. There was no such a thing as garbage time. The USA seem to be trying to state their case that they are better than the original Dream Team by having a bigger winning margin over their the Dream Team. SHAME ON the NBA and all those guys for doing what they did.

This is exactly why I am against professionals playing in the Olympics. Growing up, you either dream of being in the Olympics or a professional team. Those who don't make the Professional leagues at least had a last hope of making the Olympics. Not with the NBA players playing, and Tennis, and even Hockey. Don't agree with it and once again, SHAME ON YOU U.S.A. for kicking a weaker team when they're are down! I have no respect for the USA Men's Basketball team. NONE!

Comment

I hope they are proud of their accomplishment. Maybe they broke a record because everyone else had the decency to not run up the score after obviously winning the game.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
        How can you even say WOW? If it was the NBA and a team was winning by a large margin, heads would have been taken off for showboating and racking up the score. There was no such a thing as garbage time. The USA seem to be trying to state their case that they are better than the original Dream Team by having a bigger winning margin over their the Dream Team. SHAME ON the NBA and all those guys for doing what they did.

This is exactly why I am against professionals playing in the Olympics. Growing up, you either dream of being in the Olympics or a professional team. Those who don't make the Professional leagues at least had a last hope of making the Olympics. Not with the NBA players playing, and Tennis, and even Hockey. Don't agree with it and once again, SHAME ON YOU U.S.A. for kicking a weaker team when they're are down! I have no respect for the USA Men's Basketball team. NONE!
        Watching the game, I'm not sure what the US could have done. 99% of their offence, they got in the flow and at no time did it feel like they were running up the score intentionally. They were just THAT much better. The women's team won 90 to 38. Sometimes, there's nothing you can do. In fact, it's MORE insulting if u don't try, as it just means that you're taking pity on those guys. A lot of those guys have pride (and play in the NBA like Diogu and Aminu) and they would know if they were playing lax. And if they don't, I'm sure most are thrilled just to be out there with guys they grew up watching. Someday, those guys are going to tell their kids they played against LeBron James and Kevin Durant.

If teams don't want to get blown out, well, get better. Right now, the US is FAR better at basketball than 99.9% of the world. And try to tell teams like Spain and Argentina (teams that CAN hang with the US) that they can't play because it's too unfair that the US is so good.

Comment

I just do not know why they kept the foot on the gas. They knew it would lose them respect all around the world (with the exception of the USA), yet they did it anyways. The only explanation I could come up with was that it gives them a psychological edge over all the other teams (even more so then they had before). I mean, how intimidating is it to play the team that broke a record for scoring and doubled their opponents score in a previous game. They sent a big message today, but it is just a shame they had to do it in the way they did.

I really did not think Coach K would allow something like this to take place, but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Am I seeing that right? 37pts in under 15 minutes? WOW

Comment

lol they might have broken the point record, but James Harden got crossed up so badly that game...

Comment

haha omg

Comment

Team Canada's gonna beat that record and Andrew wiggins is droppin 50.

Comment

All that clip needs is some James Brown's, "I FEEEEEL GOOD, in the background and its going viral.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Can someone find the video of Carmelo and the shrug? I didn't watch the game, but read an article that Melo put his arms up in Jordan-esque after his three.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Can someone find the video of Carmelo and the shrug? I didn't watch the game, but read an article that Melo put his arms up in Jordan-esque after his three.
                        You could have searched it yourself on the YouTube, but I feel generous so here it is...

Comment

Working...
                        X