istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Raptor PG Controversy: Part 3

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    The source was Colangelo who said clearly on more than one occasion that Calderóne was very upset with the KL signing.
    I think I would be more concerned if Jose wasn't upset that someone had been hired to take his job. The guy plays his ass off at all times and has been a great team player since day one. I feel that he has put the team ahead of personal success over and over and in return he has been traded once, been the repeated talk of trade speculation, had 3 over PG's hired to take over. Jose is a competitive guy and wants to play and help the team. I think he will continue to show the same character that he always has going forward regardless of his role.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    Agents don't make trade requests without instruction from their client.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that.

    Clients often follow the lead of their agents because they deal with numerous teams and often act on behave of numerous other players. Negotiations and conflict resolutions are what they are paid to do.

    Same idea as people buying a house, they often follow the advice of the agent because they do it for a living and have much more experience in the nuances of buying a house.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    The source was Colangelo who said clearly on more than one occasion that Calderóne was very upset with the KL signing.
    It was a trade and being upset and demanding are 2 different things. If one was to make an assumption without fact then, yes, they could be interpreted as the same thing.

    I've read in numerous tweets and HoopsHype.com bits that the agent was the one publicly "through sources" pushing the trade demand/talk.

    Colangelo did say initially they would do what they could to find a mutually agreeable solution that benefited both parties.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    I think I would be more concerned if Jose wasn't upset that someone had been hired to take his job. The guy plays his ass off at all times and has been a great team player since day one. I feel that he has put the team ahead of personal success over and over and in return he has been traded once, been the repeated talk of trade speculation, had 3 over PG's hired to take over. Jose is a competitive guy and wants to play and help the team. I think he will continue to show the same character that he always has going forward regardless of his role.
    Hopefully.

    The reality is barring injury and/or trade to another team this season, Jose is a backup. Too many more talented or young point guards on rebuilding teams out there and not enough teams. For teams that are a possibility of him starting, then you have to factor in the CBA and the means that team would have of actually acquiring him - other than after a buyout. Look through the league:

    Atlanta: Teague/Harris
    Boston: Rondo
    Brooklyn: Williams
    Charlotte: Walker/Sessions
    Cleveland: Irving
    Chicago: Rose (injured to start year)
    Detroit: Knight
    Indiana: Hill/Augustin
    Miami: could definitely start but CBA factors in
    Milwaukee: Jennings
    New York: Felton/Kidd
    Orlando: Nelson
    Philadelphia: Holiday
    Washington: Wall
    Dallas: Collison
    Denver: Lawson/Miller
    Golden State: Curry
    Houston: Lin
    Clippers: Paul
    Lakers: Nash
    Memphis: Conley
    Minnesota: Rubio/Ridnour
    New Orleans: could definitely start
    OKC: Westbrook
    Phoenix: Dragic
    Portland: Lillard
    Sacramento: Brooks/Thomas
    San Antonio: Parker
    Utah: Williams

    Once CBA rules and team assets are factored in, it seems pretty clear Jose's best option is to stick it out in Toronto and work his tail off to secure his next NBA contract using the MLE.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that.

    Clients often follow the lead of their agents because they deal with numerous teams and often act on behave of numerous other players. Negotiations and conflict resolutions are what they are paid to do.

    Same idea as people buying a house, they often follow the advice of the agent because they do it for a living and have much more experience in the nuances of buying a house.
    Saying agents make trade requests without the instruction of the player is like saying your agent put your house up for sale on his own.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    Saying agents make trade requests without the instruction of the player is like saying your agent put your house up for sale on his own.
    I disagree.

    Saying agents make trade requests without the instruction of the player is like saying you commissioned an agent to sell your house, paid him, and he never bothered to list the house.

    I'm not saying it is not a possibility Jose demanded the trade but I think the possibility is greater the agent is pushing an agenda he thinks is in Jose's best interests..... cause that is what he is paid to do.