Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Raptor PG Controversy: Part 3

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    People are forgetting that Kyle Lowry is an obvious upgrade compared to Jack and Ford with the constant question of 'who should start this game?'
    Ford pre injury/horford is debatable IMO.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Ford pre injury/horford is debatable IMO.
    agreed with this. ford was a very good pg.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Ford pre injury/horford is debatable IMO.
    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    agreed with this. ford was a very good pg.
    I wouldn't argue that Ford WAS a very good PG, but than again Calderon is also a very good point guard.

    If I were to choose from Lowry, Jack and Ford, it would by far be Lowry. Even though, I'm not gonna lie, I was a big fan of Jarrett Jack when he was here, loved his leadership, his chemistry, and the intensity, but he was turnover prone. Ford was a true scoring guard, his penetration always got guys like Parker, Delfino and co. great open shots, but he tried to go outside of the box too often.

    I will say that I should speak for myself in terms of the original post, but in my opinion, I just feel he is a better point guard/player than Ford and Jack.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I think everyone has forgotten the most important fact when considering trading him. Who will be willing to pay him $10,000,000 this year??
    It's an expiring contract. Any team who accepts Calderon isn't thinking about his financial worth, but instead thinking about the $10 million in space they just acquired.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't argue that Ford WAS a very good PG, but than again Calderon is also a very good point guard.

    If I were to choose from Lowry, Jack and Ford, it would by far be Lowry. Even though, I'm not gonna lie, I was a big fan of Jarrett Jack when he was here, loved his leadership, his chemistry, and the intensity, but he was turnover prone. Ford was a true scoring guard, his penetration always got guys like Parker, Delfino and co. great open shots, but he tried to go outside of the box too often.

    I will say that I should speak for myself in terms of the original post, but in my opinion, I just feel he is a better point guard/player than Ford and Jack.
    Ford was a pretty good player before the 2nd stinger received from Horford. I'm not sure you are giving him proper credit but that is your prerogative.

    I'm basing my opinion on pre-Horford.... not after.

    Also, Lowry has never played a game for the Raptors. The only PG I feel no doubt about it, 100% confident he is better than in the group of Ford, Jack, and Calderon is Jack.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Ford was a pretty good player before the 2nd stinger received from Horford. I'm not sure you are giving him proper credit but that is your prerogative.

    I'm basing my opinion on pre-Horford.... not after.

    Also, Lowry has never played a game for the Raptors. The only PG I feel no doubt about it, 100% confident he is better than in the group of Ford, Jack, and Calderon is Jack.


    I do remember that, and yes he was a very good player, credit is deserved, and we wouldn't have had the success without him.

    Lowry has never played a game with Toronto, but from what I saw in Houston I just think he is the better player and will only continue to get better. Just my opinion, and that is your opinion.

    He is better than Jack I agree, but I also believe he is better than Ford and Calderon in ways, mostly defensively and the all-around game. Especially transitioning into a defensive system/team, he has the potential to be the better player for the Raptors as well.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post


    I do remember that, and yes he was a very good player, credit is deserved, and we wouldn't have had the success without him.

    Lowry has never played a game with Toronto, but from what I saw in Houston I just think he is the better player and will only continue to get better. Just my opinion, and that is your opinion.

    He is better than Jack I agree, but I also believe he is better than Ford and Calderon in ways, mostly defensively and the all-around game. Especially transitioning into a defensive system/team, he has the potential to be the better player for the Raptors as well.
    You very well could be right and I hope you are. Personally, I do think you are.

    I'm just going to wait from anointing the best point guard duo in Raptor history until Lowry has played a few games.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You very well could be right and I hope you are. Personally, I do think you are.

    I'm just going to wait from anointing the best point guard duo in Raptor history until Lowry has played a few games.
    It's only going to be the best point guard duo if Calderon chooses to stay, and Lowry just continues to put in work like he has been so far in his career.

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ancaster, Ont (Via Serbia)
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Totally disagree with all of those teams but that aside the main thing is at this point in time I am not sure if any of those teams would have means to acquire him now. Next summer in free agency would be a different story but he'd be a backup on majority of teams as well.
    True. Not now, but at trade deadline the value of contract will be significantly less & thus easier to complete a trade.
    Also more teams with deep playoff aspirations might "pop up" looking for a backup;
    Injuries to starters (Eg Rose...)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •