Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Dynasty League Disccussion

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    For one I think that's making it overly complex. And I don't think team 16 is without chances in consolation rounds. It's not like he has to go up against the nr 1 team. If the nr. 16 team is that bad that he's without chances in the consolation rounds that's just and only because of bad management.

I'm not saying that the team that comes last must have the worst manager (just throwing that in here in case I become last) but being without chances against the number 9? 7 years of first overall picks won't help that guy. And if it's because of injuries, his team isn't as bad as it seems.
    Fair enough. Absolutely the complexity issue would be in the hands of those doing the Math.

People loose interest when they loose. It is fairly consistent in these games. There are many reasons for loosing. Opportunities to improve have to exist.

Stacked teams= small league

I 100% agree in not rewarding non participation however i would prefer that the opportunity to improve is well established.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    Fair enough. Absolutely the complexity issue would be in the hands of those doing the Math.

People loose interest when they loose. It is fairly consistent in these games. There are many reasons for loosing. Opportunities to improve have to exist.

Stacked teams= small league

I 100% agree in not rewarding non participation however i would prefer that the opportunity to improve is well established.
    Using the consolation rounds to give everyone something to play for untill the end is exactly a way to keep things interested for bottom teams.

More important: I think there are some good managers in this league who have already shown in the Keeper league that they are competitive. It's no public league.

Based on what I've seen from last year I don't expect superstacked teams and really bad teams because this usually happens due to ignorant (unprepared) drafting followed up by a bad strategy during the year. And I know I'm not the only one working on my draftboard and draftstrategy.

Even though there might be different strategies, focusing on the short or long term, I'll expect a competitive league.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    One point I'd like to make is that if you tank I'll toss you from the league. I'm trying to make this clear, we don't want anyone hurting the competitive balance in this league. If you try and fail, that's fine but if you're not setting your lineup you're not going to last long in this league. You won't see a Bobcats scenario play out because that person won't be around to reap any rewards.
    And using your idea of consolation rounds to decide on draft order will fix this. That'll mean that someone not setting their lineup (except for a short time when someone has real life issues- which can happen) simply stopped playing (and can be tossed because of that).

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One point I'd like to make is that if you tank I'll toss you from the league. I'm trying to make this clear, we don't want anyone hurting the competitive balance in this league. If you try and fail, that's fine but if you're not setting your lineup you're not going to last long in this league. You won't see a Bobcats scenario play out because that person won't be around to reap any rewards.
    Yiiiippppeeeee!

Problem solved.

This league is going to be awesome..... expansion franchises and everything!

Thanks, Mr. Stern..... er, I mean, Apollo!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. Just keep in mind I'm still only learning how to efficiently piss in people's cornflakes. I'm not a master like Stern.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Odd number of teams

Guys, we have a problem. We have an odd number of teams and the draft is one week away. We need one more person to join or we'll have to cut a team. Yahoo won't let the league start without an even number.

Are we missing anyone who is interested? I am going to post an announcement on the main Raptors board right away.

Apollo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in, no odd number, guys

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Still room in the dynasty? Would love to be in!
    Last edited by The Coach; Sat Sep 29th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so now maybe we bump it up to 16 teams. Vykis got here first so he gets the guaranteed spot. Coach, you're tentatively in pending one more person joining. I'll give you both the registration info but keep in mind Coach that if no one else joins this week we'll have to remove you from the league. Based on the quick interest generated from the announcement posting, we should get one more.

EDIT: Invites sent. Check your PM. Please following the instructions and register ASAP.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so now maybe we bump it up to 16 teams. Vykis got here first so he gets the guaranteed spot. Coach, you're tentatively in pending one more person joining. I'll give you both the registration info but keep in mind Coach that if no one else joins this week we'll have to remove you from the league. Based on the quick interest generated from the announcement posting, we should get one more.

EDIT: Invites sent. Check your PM. Please following the instructions and register ASAP.
    Thanks... when is the last day for signup?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm absolutely interested if there's still space. I've tried to get a dynasty league going with friends repeatedly the last few years, but few people want to commit long term.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote coastal wrote: View Post
    I'm absolutely interested if there's still space. I've tried to get a dynasty league going with friends repeatedly the last few years, but few people want to commit long term.
    You're in. Welcome!

I will send the invite via PM shortly.

ADD: Actually due to technical difficulties, I will have to send it tomorrow morning, unless Apollo is able to fire one off. Apparently that's not something I can do from an iPhone.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Sep 30th, 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote coastal wrote: View Post
    Sweet!
    Coastal, check your Messages.

Ok guys, we've got 16 teams. Once Coastal Registers, Teams will be locked.

I had to get my girlfriend to reschedule Thanksgiving at her Parents house for this Saturday, instead of Sunday, just so I didn't miss the draft! haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie skywalker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I had to get my girlfriend to reschedule Thanksgiving at her Parents house for this Saturday, instead of Sunday, just so I didn't miss the draft! haha
    Like a boss!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote skywalker wrote: View Post
    Like a boss!
    Hahah Priorities my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else getting shit for having the draft in the afternoon on Canadian Thanksgiving Day weekend?

I feel confident I can put together a solid team with an auto draft but I really would like to be there. My wife is comparing my desire to do the draft with the ridicule I put at my mother about Farmville.

It is very short notice but if the draft could be moved, it would make my life easier. If it can't, that is cool too.

Even if it was pushed to Monday afternoon, that would help.... or next Sunday. But again, if that doesn't work then so be it. Thanks for consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind but what about everyone else? It has to be Saturday or Monday if not Sunday because cap allocation may take a while... I agree that this isn't the greatest date.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind but what about everyone else? It has to be Saturday or Monday if not Sunday because cap allocation may take a while... I agree that this isn't the greatest date.
    Monday evening works best for me. Saturday does not solve the problem as we are heading to the cottage and the iPhone can't support Adobe..... stupid Apple.

2pm eastern would be awesome on Monday.

I know that probably interferes with anyone having turkey on Monday. The in-laws are going on Sunday afternoon and my family is going on Monday evening.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Saturday would be the best of the 3 days. It seems like the least likely day for people to celebrate thanksgiving.

Thread Information