Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It opens things up a little more.

Comment

I'm in!!

Comment

With Skywalker now in, I think 16 teams is actually perfect. But maybe thats just me. Heh

8 teams per conference, 4 teams make the playoffs from each.

Comment

I would assume that seeing as I am in Nova Scotia I will be in the East division.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            With Skywalker now in, I think 16 teams is actually perfect. But maybe thats just me. Heh

8 teams per conference, 4 teams make the playoffs from each.
            I actually just assumed he wanted in and I sent him an invite. So, we need one more team for sure. The playoffs will only house eight teams so 16 works. 20 means its an accomplishment just to get seeded.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I actually just assumed he wanted in and I sent him an invite. So, we need one more team for sure. The playoffs will only house eight teams so 16 works. 20 means its an accomplishment just to get seeded.
              Oh ya, look at that. Heh Nevermind then.

I'm all registered. Slotted me in the West.

Comment

Also once everyone is signed up and we've drafted we'll probably finalize the conferences then. It will allow for some balancing in the case the a handful of teams dominate the draft. We don't want one conference stacked and the other weak.

Comment

It will allow for some balancing in the case the a handful of teams dominate the draft.
                  Ya I was trying to figure out how to avoid this happening. I guess there isn't really, eh?
                  A Standard Snaking draft would mitigate this somewhat, but how do you assign Draft position? Too many politics I guess, eh? haha

Comment

Snaking draft and random order is how I do all my other leagues. It makes things fairly even.

Comment

I'm in the east.

Couple of questions and such:

1. I'm not too experienced in head to head, as I used to play almost exclusively roto leagues untill last year's RR's keeper league: does the one win really keep worse teams more competitive? Last year my team was below par in the first part of the season. As I got more competitive I managed to get 3 or 4 points quite often. With one win, those points don't help. I'm ok either way, just wondering (and asking those with more experience).

2. The dynasty part means I can resign 2 players at the end of each season with expiring contracts?

3. Is it correct that a team can't pick up free agents from the wire at the exact moment that they have been eliminated? You (Apollo) mentioned in the first post that year 2 draft only features the rookies. What happens to the unsigned free agents that teams had to drop?

4. I would not be opposed to setting a weekly roster instead of a daily roster. Two reasons for this. The first one is a selfish one; being in Europe I'm at a disadvantage with daily roster changes on busy days because often it's right before tip-off that it's communicated if a player doesn't play. That's in the middle of the night, so I missed that a couple of times last year. The second reason why I would prefer this is that I don't have to watch my roster everyday and considering my job is very time consuming at the moment this would help (I also like the extra game element in managers having to make more choices).

5. I'm very very much in favor of auction drafts; so I hope we'll go along with that. I didn't do so well last year (in hindsight), but I think it's very exciting and allows for more variance in possible drafting strategies. I also think that the players who get to draft Lebron or Durant without a fight are too much in the advantage in snake drafts. I prefer nr 1 and 32 to nr 16 and 17 by miles considering the huge difference in drop-off. An auction draft gives everyone equal chances.

6. LET'S DO THIS YEAH! Apparently I'm psyched up for this.

Comment

Oh, and one other question? How's the competition? I saw some people on the list who don't have an active RR trackrecord. Will they play all season?

Comment

We're going to have two divisions, an Eastern Conference and a Western Conference. If you could chime in and tell me if you're east or west that would be great. Otherwise I'll draw names to sort it out near the draft. This thing looks like it's going to be a 20 team league by the time we get to the draft. 20 is the max allowed at Yahoo by the way.
                          I'm in the East!!

Comment

Would this be a good idea for someone who's never really played fantasy?
                            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Apollo:

Have you sent out invites for the Dynasty League?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Apollo:

Have you sent out invites for the Dynasty League?
                                Check your PM's, I sent them out the other night.

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                                Would this be a good idea for someone who's never really played fantasy?
                                Probably not as you're stuck with this team long term. This is more a league for experienced players but you can always study up. We're looking for people who are committed. People who aren't will get cut at the end of the season or even during the season if we feel it's the right call to get rid of someone because of inactivity...And there is someone willing to take over their team.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                I'm in the east.

Couple of questions and such:

1. I'm not too experienced in head to head, as I used to play almost exclusively roto leagues untill last year's RR's keeper league: does the one win really keep worse teams more competitive? Last year my team was below par in the first part of the season. As I got more competitive I managed to get 3 or 4 points quite often. With one win, those points don't help. I'm ok either way, just wondering (and asking those with more experience).

2. The dynasty part means I can resign 2 players at the end of each season with expiring contracts?

3. Is it correct that a team can't pick up free agents from the wire at the exact moment that they have been eliminated? You (Apollo) mentioned in the first post that year 2 draft only features the rookies. What happens to the unsigned free agents that teams had to drop?

4. I would not be opposed to setting a weekly roster instead of a daily roster. Two reasons for this. The first one is a selfish one; being in Europe I'm at a disadvantage with daily roster changes on busy days because often it's right before tip-off that it's communicated if a player doesn't play. That's in the middle of the night, so I missed that a couple of times last year. The second reason why I would prefer this is that I don't have to watch my roster everyday and considering my job is very time consuming at the moment this would help (I also like the extra game element in managers having to make more choices).

5. I'm very very much in favor of auction drafts; so I hope we'll go along with that. I didn't do so well last year (in hindsight), but I think it's very exciting and allows for more variance in possible drafting strategies. I also think that the players who get to draft Lebron or Durant without a fight are too much in the advantage in snake drafts. I prefer nr 1 and 32 to nr 16 and 17 by miles considering the huge difference in drop-off. An auction draft gives everyone equal chances.

6. LET'S DO THIS YEAH! Apparently I'm psyched up for this.
                                1. Yes it does. Who has the better team: the team who goes 3-0 with 27-0 in the nine stat cats over three weeks or the team that goes 3-0 while going 16-11 over the nine stat cats? The answer is it doesn't matter because they're both 3-0, both in the hunt even though maybe the only thing separating them within the stats is an injury to a key player.
                                2. Dynasty means you carry most of your roster forward in the future. Choices you make now impact your future success.
                                3. I explained this earlier. FA's hit the WW. You'll have a WW budget to big on players after the draft. This budget has nothing to do with your cap.
                                4. We can talk about it and see what others think. You can always set your roster for the week in advance even if we allow daily updates to your lineup. You can set your lineup for the whole year if you wanted to but I wouldn't advise it.
                                5. I feel auction format is the only true way to make this thing fair right out of the gate. You build your team solely based on intelligence and skill as opposed to luck and skill.
                                6. Me too.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                Oh, and one other question? How's the competition? I saw some people on the list who don't have an active RR trackrecord. Will they play all season?
                                I thought about being more selective but we have guys in the football league who hardly post but they're really active in the league... Just like we've had posters who are more regular not always keep up on past leagues. I want to reward people who frequent this place and have if they expressed interest. This league has been announced a month ago and I carry a link to this thread as a signature. Most should know about it by now... I hope everyone sticks around but if they don't they might not even make it through the season. I'm not gonna hesitate to pull the plug on an "autopilot" team if someone is interested in taking it over.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Ya I was trying to figure out how to avoid this happening. I guess there isn't really, eh?
                                A Standard Snaking draft would mitigate this somewhat, but how do you assign Draft position? Too many politics I guess, eh? haha
                                In a 16-20 team league I really don't feel picks 16 and 17 stack up well against picks 1 and 32. In other words give me LeBron and Greg Monroe all day over Granger and Gortat please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X