This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Fantasy Hoops Dynasty League Disccussion

This is a little early seeing how Yahoo hasn't even launched their fantasy hoops offering for the upcoming season but given the interest I figured I'd start this now.

This will be the inaugural season of the fantasy hoops dynasty league. Now some important information:
    • Standard Yahoo league scoring
    • 15 man roster (PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)
    • Year 1 draft will be a live auction featuring both veterans and rookies
    • Year 2 draft and there after will be a live standard draft featuring only rookies.
      • Draft order to be determined later. Most likely a lottery system will be deployed.
    • Draft picks can be traded, Yahoo should be able to support this without me rolling up my sleeves... But we will see.
    • Salary cap will be based on years and the cap will be 35 years. After the draft is complete you will assign years to your players. The total of all players combined on your roster cannot be greater than 35 at this point in the off-season.
    • After this point free agency begins. Teams may sign players to multi-season contracts if they have the cap space. If they do not have cap space than can sign players to one year deals; such a player cannot be extended in the off-season.
    • Free agency will use a money system. Each team is given equal FA dollars which they can use to place secret bids on FA's who are currently on waivers. When a player is signed the team must immediately post on the league page or the league thread if it is a multi-season signing. If no mention is made within a one week window of the signing then the signing is deemed a one year deal regardless of cap space.
    • Released players' contracts will continue count against a team's cap.
      • One exception. Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications.
    • At the end of the year you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for as many years as you want provided you remain under cap. This decision must be made prior to the draft.

I may be looking for an assistant commissioner. If anyone is interested private message me and I will keep it in mind if this thing becomes too much for one person. I will track the cap and other things in Microsoft Excel so basic Excel knowledge would be a must.

I have a running list of those who have expressed interest to me. It's already enough for a ten man league. I am going to carefully pick the people for this because it's a long term commitment and we don't want anyone joining for a season only to quit or to have a bad season and bail on the league, etc. The league won't be capped at 12 teams like the other league, so this might be really big with multiple divisions. I strongly encourage those who are part of the keeper league to join because I know you're all solid. Beyond that regular posters will have a much better shot at getting in than the rest.

Thanks,

Apollo

Count me in, if you haven't already.
    Thanks for doing this Apollo!

Comment

Same goes for me.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        Same goes for me.
        Just remember that you don't get to carry over your roster from Keeper ... Hahah

Comment

Great guys, you're on the list!

Comment

Im in.
            Last edited by alex_elstone; Wed Aug 8, 2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

this sounds amazing, i'd be in
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

As I have stated in the past, I am in.

So during the initial live auction draft we will bid years not money? It seems that a total of 35 years for 12 players will make the firs person in with a bid gets the player....maybe I am wrong, can't wait to find out.
                Last edited by WJF; Thu Aug 9, 2012, 08:51 AM.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

oooh ooh oooh!

Me me me!

Comment

Draft & cap answers:

WJF wrote: View Post
                    As I have stated in the past, I am in.

So during the initial live auction draft we will bid years not money? It seems that a total of 35 years for 12 players will make the firs person in with a bid gets the player....maybe I am wrong, can't wait to find out.
                    • No, we'll bid money (let's say $200 in fake money each like the keeper league?) then after the draft it is up to you to assign the years to fill out your real cap. The auction would not work well if we stuck to our regular cap system; the auction draft is also a one time thing.
                    • I will provide a template for you to fill out your cap in a post. This template will allow for fast import into Excel so I don't need to do any tedious hours of copy/paste.
                    • I'll also create a separate thread for submitting cap info so it doesn't bog down the main thread.
                    • Also note that it's entirely up to you how you manage your cap. You can run with a cap minimum of 15 if you want... Although highly unadvised.
                    • Also because of the complexity of it all the league won't vote on trades. It will have to be commissioner's decision because I'll have to first confirm the trade works under the cap. It will be up to the GM's to consider the cap when making offers as well so that we're not wasting each others' time. Trades will be very interesting because certain players will be off-limits due it not working under the cap. Also you might see things going down that you'll never see in a regular draft. For example you could see something like old Kobe Bryant being moved at the deadline for a young Terrence Ross and a pick.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Aug 9, 2012, 10:09 AM. Reason: darn phone *grumble*

Comment

You know, now all we need is a Dynasty fans thread where people can waltz in an criticize our every move without truly understanding what we go through on a daily basis.

Comment

If anyone who needs a 2nd or 3rd league to play in as well, I am starting a keeper league.

Comment

This is a good idea. Fantasy hoops is so popular that this place could probably support three or four leagues.

Comment

^Do you want in?

Comment

Thanks but I don't think I can handle another league. I'm playing NFL fantasy again this fall as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X