Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Dynasty League Disccussion

Post Thanks / Like

I think we'll utilize private groups for this league. We will have a thread here for discussion but when teams want to submit a trade for review they will post it under the private group page (here at Raptors Republic).

I may also do keeper and cap submissions that way as well. That way it ensures that the league thread isn't cluttered.

Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I join, sir?
    Thanks!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yahoo just activated their fantasy basketball.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank L.R. I will try to take a look at this later in the week but we're not going to draft until October so there is no rush if this doesn't happen until next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Thank L.R. I will try to take a look at this later in the week but we're not going to draft until October so there is no rush if this doesn't happen until next week.
    Typical front office guy, stall, stall, stall....

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I know, I know we get paid to look pretty. I did go take a look the other day. Fantasy hockey is up but not hoops. I don't know the interest in hockey but we could do something with it. Ideally I wouldn't commish the league though. I already have four.(2 nfl, 2 nba)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

sign me up if u have the room

Post Thanks / Like

Default H2H - 1 Win?

To make this more different from the keeper league I am proposing "Head-to-head - one win" format. This is the same as head to head in fantasy football. You compete against another team weekly in all the typical stat cats but whoever wins gets a single win , not up to nine.

What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Default League Created

Invitations to the following:

1. Lil Romeo
    2. Joey
    3. Soft Euro
    4. WJF
    5. Matt
    6. Drizz
    7. jbml
    8. Mack
    9. Koncept
    10. Alex elstone
    11. Skywalker
    12. JStockton
    13. Kadazzle
    14. Lateboom
    15. Apollo

We're going to have two divisions, an Eastern Conference and a Western Conference. If you could chime in and tell me if you're east or west that would be great. Otherwise I'll draw names to sort it out near the draft. This thing looks like it's going to be a 20 team league by the time we get to the draft. 20 is the max allowed at Yahoo by the way.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It stuck me in the East, so I`ll represent Toronto!!

I`m good with getting 1 win for the week. It gives weaker teams a better shot at winning, and it gives them more incentive to keep their rosters active. It always seems there`s a few managers that drop out of leagues once their season goes down the tubes early with 9 cat leagues.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It opens things up a little more.

Raptors Republic Starter skywalker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in!!

Post Thanks / Like

With Skywalker now in, I think 16 teams is actually perfect. But maybe thats just me. Heh

8 teams per conference, 4 teams make the playoffs from each.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I would assume that seeing as I am in Nova Scotia I will be in the East division.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    With Skywalker now in, I think 16 teams is actually perfect. But maybe thats just me. Heh

8 teams per conference, 4 teams make the playoffs from each.
    I actually just assumed he wanted in and I sent him an invite. So, we need one more team for sure. The playoffs will only house eight teams so 16 works. 20 means its an accomplishment just to get seeded.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just assumed he wanted in and I sent him an invite. So, we need one more team for sure. The playoffs will only house eight teams so 16 works. 20 means its an accomplishment just to get seeded.
    Oh ya, look at that. Heh Nevermind then.

I'm all registered. Slotted me in the West.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Also once everyone is signed up and we've drafted we'll probably finalize the conferences then. It will allow for some balancing in the case the a handful of teams dominate the draft. We don't want one conference stacked and the other weak.

Post Thanks / Like

It will allow for some balancing in the case the a handful of teams dominate the draft.
    Ya I was trying to figure out how to avoid this happening. I guess there isn't really, eh?
    A Standard Snaking draft would mitigate this somewhat, but how do you assign Draft position? Too many politics I guess, eh? haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Snaking draft and random order is how I do all my other leagues. It makes things fairly even.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the east.

Couple of questions and such:

1. I'm not too experienced in head to head, as I used to play almost exclusively roto leagues untill last year's RR's keeper league: does the one win really keep worse teams more competitive? Last year my team was below par in the first part of the season. As I got more competitive I managed to get 3 or 4 points quite often. With one win, those points don't help. I'm ok either way, just wondering (and asking those with more experience).

2. The dynasty part means I can resign 2 players at the end of each season with expiring contracts?

3. Is it correct that a team can't pick up free agents from the wire at the exact moment that they have been eliminated? You (Apollo) mentioned in the first post that year 2 draft only features the rookies. What happens to the unsigned free agents that teams had to drop?

4. I would not be opposed to setting a weekly roster instead of a daily roster. Two reasons for this. The first one is a selfish one; being in Europe I'm at a disadvantage with daily roster changes on busy days because often it's right before tip-off that it's communicated if a player doesn't play. That's in the middle of the night, so I missed that a couple of times last year. The second reason why I would prefer this is that I don't have to watch my roster everyday and considering my job is very time consuming at the moment this would help (I also like the extra game element in managers having to make more choices).

5. I'm very very much in favor of auction drafts; so I hope we'll go along with that. I didn't do so well last year (in hindsight), but I think it's very exciting and allows for more variance in possible drafting strategies. I also think that the players who get to draft Lebron or Durant without a fight are too much in the advantage in snake drafts. I prefer nr 1 and 32 to nr 16 and 17 by miles considering the huge difference in drop-off. An auction draft gives everyone equal chances.

6. LET'S DO THIS YEAH! Apparently I'm psyched up for this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information