Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 146

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Dynasty League Disccussion

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Monday at 2pm Eastern would be fine with me. Though if we cant't do it by 4pm at the latest, I would have to just say keep the original date and time.

  2. #122
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There are some ideas but we all have to agree in the day. If somebody wants it to stay where it is it has to stay because the date has been out there a while now. Changing wouldn't be fair to those who planned for it and don't want it changed.

  3. #123
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm fine with anyday. Monday at 2 seems fine.

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    There are some ideas but we all have to agree in the day. If somebody wants it to stay where it is it has to stay because the date has been out there a while now. Changing wouldn't be fair to those who planned for it and don't want it changed.
    Agreed.

    If it impacts anyone else negatively by changing it, forget it. I'll work with what I have.

  5. #125
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well I already changed my plans to suit the plan of Sunday; so Saturday is now no good for me.
    At this point, I'd rather just leave it as is, but I guess I could do Monday as well if everyone else needs it.
    In Masai we Trust.

  6. #126
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry guys, I should have put more thought into that date. I think next year people need to speak up earlier as well. This happens in every league I've been apart of. It's really difficult to find a day and time to fit everyone.

    Matt, if you put a lot of thought into your ranks you can still come out looking good.

    Also, maybe you can make it to parts of the draft? If you're there for the first hour it could make an impact because a lot of big names go during that period.

  7. #127
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Salary Cap

    So I've been worked over enough by you guys to bump it to 40(years). As soon as the we draft you need to decide your cap allocations. We will then post everyone's cap allocation breakdown on the group page here:

    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/group.php?groupid=5

    If you are not apart of this group please request an invite here and I will make it happen. This group page is the place to go and view other team's cap allocations to determine if a trade you're thinking about passes our league "CBA".

    It will also be the place where trade approval happens after you guys accept a deal on the Yahoo site. Joey or I will review the trade and make sure it doesn't violate the cap or hurt the league(ie: really lopsided deals).

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Sorry guys, I should have put more thought into that date. I think next year people need to speak up earlier as well. This happens in every league I've been apart of. It's really difficult to find a day and time to fit everyone.

    Matt, if you put a lot of thought into your ranks you can still come out looking good.

    Also, maybe you can make it to parts of the draft? If you're there for the first hour it could make an impact because a lot of big names go during that period.
    No worries. Thanks for considering. I'll still win

  9. #129
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey can I get an invite to the group?

  10. #130
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So I've been worked over enough by you guys to bump it to 40(years). As soon as the we draft you need to decide your cap allocations. We will then post everyone's cap allocation breakdown on the group page here:

    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/group.php?groupid=5

    If you are not apart of this group please request an invite here and I will make it happen. This group page is the place to go and view other team's cap allocations to determine if a trade you're thinking about passes our league "CBA".

    It will also be the place where trade approval happens after you guys accept a deal on the Yahoo site. Joey or I will review the trade and make sure it doesn't violate the cap or hurt the league(ie: really lopsided deals).
    This is where I just sit to the side quietly and let him do all the talking.



    Hahah I hope that in all of that I'm only responsible for approving trades against the Cap.
    In Masai we Trust.

  11. #131
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Announcement

    Soft Euro was nice enough to offer his time to create the Dynasty League master spreadsheet. Here we will keep everyone's current salary cap numbers, along with any cap affecting transactions. So immediately after the draft everyone needs to create their cap allocations and submit them here OR to private message Soft Euro, Joey and myself. We're going to put a deadline on it that's yet to be determined and free agency will not open until everyone's cap is in our system that Soft Euro will get off the ground for us.

    We should all give a thank you to Soft Euro and Joey for helping out with this league. This league is going to be the deepest league most of us will ever play. Soft Euro and Joey are going to help make sure it operates smoothly so my hat is off to them for stepping up.

  12. #132
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks Soft Euro!!
    In Masai we Trust.

  13. #133
    Raptors Republic Rookie skywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    We should all give a thank you to Soft Euro and Joey for helping out with this league. This league is going to be the deepest league most of us will ever play. Soft Euro and Joey are going to help make sure it operates smoothly so my hat is off to them for stepping up.
    Thanks for putting in the work Soft Euro and Joey!! This league is going to be crazy!!

  14. #134
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Glad to help.

  15. #135
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, I sorted 579 players. Eliminated a few. Gave prices for some more. Prepared to let the auto-draft do the rest. My mother-in-law better not overcook the f*cking turkey.

    Oh yeah and if anyone pays more than $63 for JV I'll be pissed.

  16. #136
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Well, I sorted 579 players. Eliminated a few. Gave prices for some more. Prepared to let the auto-draft do the rest. My mother-in-law better not overcook the f*cking turkey.
    Hahaha You think you'll be able to make it for the start at all? Or you going full-out Auto?

    Oh yeah and if anyone pays more than $63 for JV I'll be pissed.
    Was trying to figure out if Jonas was worth taking a chance on. Still undecided. I guess you've made up your mind though? haha
    In Masai we Trust.

  17. #137
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Well, I sorted 579 players. Eliminated a few. Gave prices for some more. Prepared to let the auto-draft do the rest. My mother-in-law better not overcook the f*cking turkey.

    Oh yeah and if anyone pays more than $63 for JV I'll be pissed.
    I'm somewhat tempted to bid you all the way up to $63 on JV now lol.

  18. #138
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Hahaha You think you'll be able to make it for the start at all? Or you going full-out Auto?



    Was trying to figure out if Jonas was worth taking a chance on. Still undecided. I guess you've made up your mind though? haha
    Not going to be able to make any of it. Heading out of town with no internet except iPhone and Apple doesn't like Adobe.

    Oh yeah, and $75 is up on Andrea.

  19. #139
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LOL, you're gonna blow half your cap on two Raptors.

  20. #140
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Draft details

    Just so everyone is clear:

    • Nomination Time Limit: 30 Seconds
    • Bid Time Limit: 10 Seconds
    • Auction Draft Length Estimate: approximately 2 hours 0 mins.
    • Team Draft Budget: $200

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •