NBA mid summer Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA mid summer Power Rankings

The folks at WWW.NBA.COM are back with a new edition of the power rankings. There are a few surprises in terms of positioning. I was wondering what the RR community thinks of Toronto's rank on the list. Is it overreaching or justifiable? Anyways here you go.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/powerra...a_12_twitter_L
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

i think 20th is a good place to put us right now. a bit up from where we ended the season. i strongly disagree with both the nets and knicks placements. both of them should be mid teens at best to me.

Comment

looks pretty fair besides philly and orlando.
      philly wont be very good i dont see how they do better than us and orlando even if dwight stays i think they have to many problems to make the playoffs

Comment

+1 Good points. I also found myself shaking my head at Brooklyn's positioning. With NYK I see them finishing with the 6th or 7th seed in the east. I cant seem to understand Dallas and Minny's positioning. I haven't been following them at all. Does anyone have any idea why they fared so well in these power rankings?
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          +1 Good points. I also found myself shaking my head at Brooklyn's positioning. With NYK I see them finishing with the 6th or 7th seed in the east. I cant seem to understand Dallas and Minny's positioning. I haven't been following them at all. Does anyone have any idea why they fared so well in these power rankings?
          i think dallas didn't have a bad off season, brand/collison are nice pickups for them and they still have dirk. minny i think got a bit too much of push but they did add roy who could give their bench a massive upgrade.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            i think dallas didn't have a bad off season, brand/collison are nice pickups for them and they still have dirk. minny i think got a bit too much of push but they did add roy who could give their bench a massive upgrade.
            Ok makes sense. I'm interested to see what Roy has in the tank. I am really pulling for him. With Dallas, i do like the acquisition of a guy like Mayo. And I noticed they picked up a couple interesting rookies in Crowder and Cunningham. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
            Last edited by Ambidextrious; Tue Aug 7, 2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

They got Mayo, Collison, Brand and Kaman. They drafted Crowder and Cunningham. They retained Delonte West, drafted a very old rookie who should be able to be a role player capable of spot minutes off the bat in James.

They addressed their holes - got younger, have a faster point who will be able to hold his own and get serviceable big men. O.J Mayo has potential, but I see him as the perfect replacement for Terry.
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

lol I had to edit my post because I saw a few new faces in Dallas.

Comment

They tore Philli apart but only moved them down one spot? The raptors should be switched with them IMO.
                  Atlanta is a bit of a reach too. They don't have as much talent outside of josh smith. They do have a deeper team though so if they do get better I imagine they'll be like the eastern conference Denver nuggets.
                  Every time I see Chicago high in the standings I think that's bullshit but then I remember they still do have thibodeau. It'll be hard to lose with his defense. They maybe won't be as good as theyre ranked but they should still be a playoff team.
                  20 puts us at 10th in the east. Again I think Philli will drop and so will one of atlanta, Chicago, or magic-post-Howard-trade. So I like where we are now and we should definitely nab a playoff spot.

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                    They got Mayo, Collison, Brand and Kaman. They drafted Crowder and Cunningham. They retained Delonte West, drafted a very old rookie who should be able to be a role player capable of spot minutes off the bat in James.

They addressed their holes - got younger, have a faster point who will be able to hold his own and get serviceable big men. O.J Mayo has potential, but I see him as the perfect replacement for Terry.
                    All I know is those guys were everybody else's rejects. I don't think Dirk was overly excited.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                      Atlanta is a bit of a reach too. They don't have as much talent outside of josh smith. They do have a deeper team though so if they do get better I imagine they'll be like the eastern conference Denver nuggets.
                      Atlanta does have talent outside of Josh Smith. Al Horford. One of the best big men duos in the game imo.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I feel that we're a bit low, but it shows right around where we should be, and it shows that we have to improve to make the playoffs.

I think us getting an impact 3, like Iggy, Gay, or someone else puts us in the playoffs.

What I hope and pray for is that we get Kawhi Leonard, a pipe dream though, but he'd fit in perfectly in Casey's scheme.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          Atlanta does have talent outside of Josh Smith. Al Horford. One of the best big men duos in the game imo.
                          Not better than Bargs and Big Vally

Comment

NBA.com wrote:
                            Few teams upgraded their roster more than the Raptors, who added Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields, Terrence Ross and Jonas Valanciunas. Their outlook would be a little more promising if Valanciunas was making any kind of an impact at the Olympics. Still, they may contend for a playoff spot if they find a way to score.
                            And yet we get 18th on the Offseason Rankings ... Odd.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              And yet we get 18th on the Offseason Rankings ... Odd.

Quantity != Quality
                              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Working...
                              X