Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error, Truth or Freudian Slip??

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...ies-beat-spain

Barbosa scored 20 points in the second half for Brazil (4-1), which trailed by 10 early in the fourth quarter. But the super-speedy Barbosa, who now plays for the Toronto Raptors, made a pair of 3-pointers and four free throws in a 12-2 run as Brazil finished second in Group B.
    Anybody else notice this?

Just thought i'd stir the pot a bit, hehehe.

I read that too. I noticed several other errors in the article, so I just assume it was written by some British reporter who did a quick search and wasn't aware that he was traded midway through last season. With DeRozan, Fields, Kleiza, Ross and Anderson already on the roster, without even allowing for Lowry/Calderon to share the backcourt at any point, there wouldn't appear to be any opportunity for Barbosa (or anybody else for that matter) to be added to the Raptors wing positions.

Comment

Yeah noticed it as well.

Anyone notice that after America's win over Lithuania, Skip Bayless refered to Lithuania as Croatia? He did it about 10 times.

Just carelessness by a reporter, nothing to really talk about.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
        Yeah noticed it as well.

Anyone notice that after America's win over Lithuania, Skip Bayless refered to Lithuania as Croatia? He did it about 10 times.

Just carelessness by a reporter, nothing to really talk about.
        Whatta knob

Comment

Skip Bayless is a dumbass. I swear i could probably make a better reporter than that retard

Comment

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Mark Cuban Destroyed him. That last question was hilarious "What different defensive schemes did OKC use last night" and Skip Bayless just went blank and started spewing bs. He doesn't know anything

Comment

They wanted it more...
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Skip Bayless is a dumbass. I swear i could probably make a better reporter than that retard
                  I hate Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith. I call them Sports Gossipers, the hosts of ESPN TMZ. All they do is gossip, and create controversy. They do do research and show facts but theyre mostly about criticism than anything else. And when they talk they feel like they're at the top of the world and everybody owes them respect. Idiots.

Here's another one, theycallmeZZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=_RjirSPGjJw#!

Comment

lol

"Water Pistol Pete Junior".

Do you guys think he is serious though? The show gets fantastic ratings based off of crazy comments they both make (but Skip specifically).

I know Bayless was a rather well known/credible sports writer for a number of teams, and Stephen A. Smith, when he was in philly, was rather well liked by players. I just do not think they truly mean what they say some times.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      lol

"Water Pistol Pete Junior".

Do you guys think he is serious though? The show gets fantastic ratings based off of crazy comments they both make (but Skip specifically).

I know Bayless was a rather well known/credible sports writer for a number of teams, and Stephen A. Smith, when he was in philly, was rather well liked by players. I just do not think they truly mean what they say some times.
                      I was thinking the same thing. They get way more publicity by being retarded gossipers

Comment

Enough with the r-word, please.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Mark Cuban Destroyed him. That last question was hilarious "What different defensive schemes did OKC use last night" and Skip Bayless just went blank and started spewing bs. He doesn't know anything
                          And when he starts losing the argument, he brings Stephen A. Smith in to agree with him so he can feel good about the BS he just spewed out.

"Lebron was just standing in the perimeter" hahahahaha

Comment

That was some good TV! However, to play devil's advocate, Cuban shouldn't rip on Skip because what he and Steven A. Smith do, helps to keep the money making sports industry moving along and making money. Without the drama, there'd be less fans watching. Do I like what they do? Not particularly, but I think most people watch/listen to it just to pass the time. I think most people know that what these two "reporters" spew out is just some coked-up hyperbole.

Cuban, don't hate the playa, hate the game.
                            Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Goodness I hate Skip Bayless, one word first him PERFECTLY, and that is. Hater.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X