Thread: Advertisements.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advertisements.

Is it just me? Or has the ads on the page SERIOUSLY picked up immensely?

I think it's kind of annoying scrolling down to see an ad under a post. But not anything we can do about it.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to be able to cover costs somehow. For the last 4 years it's been coming out of Arsenalist, Sam and Altraps pockets, so the ads were implemented to help supplement the site costs. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    We have to be able to cover costs somehow. For the last 4 years it's been coming out of Arsenalist, Sam and Altraps pockets, so the ads were implemented to help supplement the site costs. Sorry for the inconvienence.
    No worries, I just felt it's been really overwhelming just recently.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing in life is free. Many times we just don't realize who else is paying for it. Glad to see the ads if it means someone doesn't have to shell out all the time. I hope they makes some walking around money. Keep the information, opinions and analysis coming. I can read or skip the ads, my choice.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Nothing in life is free. Many times we just don't realize who else is paying for it. Glad to see the ads if it means someone doesn't have to shell out all the time. I hope they makes some walking around money. Keep the information, opinions and analysis coming. I can read or skip the ads, my choice.
    We're also doing it because it will help towards contests/prizes during the season too. I was actually pretty surprised when I heard how much we made via the ads after only one month. Albeit it was during one of the busiest times for site traffic (i.e. NBA draft and the opening of free agency), but regardless anything helps.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation guys & gals.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We're also doing it because it will help towards contests/prizes during the season too. I was actually pretty surprised when I heard how much we made via the ads after only one month. Albeit it was during one of the busiest times for site traffic (i.e. NBA draft and the opening of free agency), but regardless anything helps.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation guys & gals.
    No problem.

Arsenalist, Sam and Altraps deserve a huge thank you for the sacrifice over the last 4 years. Out of pocket?!?! That is love and dedication right there.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to complain, just an observation. Thank you for the effort of keeping a great site on top, with great members to top it off!

It's been a great year and a half for me since I really started posting on a consistent basis, and I just wanna say the moderators and everyone in charge of the site has done a wonderful job!

Totally understand, and will stand by whatever decisions come into place.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like ads, and I know that I'd be willing to donate a small amount of money if it resulted in fewer/no ads. Anyway something you might want to consider, as i'm sure a lot of the regular posters would't mind pitching in a few coins.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I don't like ads, and I know that I'd be willing to donate a small amount of money if it resulted in fewer/no ads. Anyway something you might want to consider, as i'm sure a lot of the regular posters would't mind pitching in a few coins.
    Adblock is another way to deal with the unwanted ads.

I use FireFox and Safari and have downloaded it for both. It is awesome. No ads on any site I visit!

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Adblock as well, but keep in mind that it blocks revenue for such sites. I'm considering not using it for RR, because I appreciate the community here and would love the site to continue running at full capacity.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    I use Adblock as well, but keep in mind that it blocks revenue for such sites. I'm considering not using it for RR, because I appreciate the community here and would love the site to continue running at full capacity.
    Ahhhhhhhhh. Good point. I think I will change my settings...... for THIS site ONLY!

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

also, if you block ads, how would you be able to properly educate yourself on big dick pills, adultfinder, and the latest business ventures of the son of the deposed king of nigeria?

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

fyi, im just making a funny.... im aware the site has more legit advertisers than big dick pills... i dont block.

Thread Information