Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official! Dwight Howard In LA

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...rs/2012/08/09/
    Last edited by Garbo; Thu Aug 9, 2012, 10:45 PM.

Damn!
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

It looks like Gasol wasn't included in the package..
      Howard / Gasol / MWP / Kobe / Nash

Easily the best starting lineup in the NBA next year. At least, from a basketball point of view. Nash and Howard will be AMAZING to watch!

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
        It looks like Gasol wasn't included in the package..
        Howard / Gasol / MWP / Kobe / Nash

Easily the best starting lineup in the NBA next year. At least, from a basketball point of view. Nash and Howard will be AMAZING to watch!
        From what I saw in Kobe's mindset in the olympics, he could very well take a back-seat until the last 3 seconds of the game :P

This is VERY surprising.

Comment

What on earth is Orlando even doing
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...m-blockbuster/

Maybe not official just yet..

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
              Lakers and Orlando GMs have done very well if this true. Take note BC.

Three first rounders, Affalo, Vucevic , Harrington and Mo Harkless for a guy who has been a problem and would have left for free. That is going to be a easy rebuild.

Comment

I wonder if the Raptors were in the discussion for Iggy.

No body offered anything for Calderon?

Man for once I wish the Raptors were a part of big blockbuster trade.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  I wonder if the Raptors were in the discussion for Iggy.

No body offered anything for Calderon?

Man for once I wish the Raptors were a part of big blockbuster trade.
                  They probably will at some point near trade-deadline! :P

Comment

Oh BOY

I just read a tweet that i had to share it said that "the magic are the first team in nba history to tank 3 months b4 the season started"...Now here hoping the raps don't mess up and lose their 1st game to them...For some reason we sometimes play down to our competition...

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                      Lakers and Orlando GMs have done very well if this true. Take note BC.

Three first rounders, Affalo, Vucevic , Harrington and Mo Harkless for a guy who has been a problem and would have left for free. That is going to be a easy rebuild.
                      Harkless and Vecevic are promising prospects. Afflalo is a solid wing player, who will play with this team for awhile. Harrington will be there as a veteran, and once that contract expires, they have some flexibility.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        What on earth is Orlando even doing
                        My thoughts exactly. They get absolute garbage back in this trade.

Comment

How were they allowed to trade Harkless? Wasn't he signed yet or something?

Comment

I don't even understand. They could've went to Houston to acquire 2 of their 3 draft picks, and a first rounder.... There would've been more value compared to Harkless, Afflalo and bad contracts..

Comment

The deal presented in an organized manner:

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the three teams.

The Lakers also will acquire Earl Clark and Chris Duhon, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard. Draft picks the Magic will receive are the Nuggets' (2014), 76ers' (2015) and Lakers' (2017).

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers first-round draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.
                              Source: ESPN.com

Lakers:
                              • D12
                              • Clark
                              • Duhon

Nuggets:
                              • Iggy

76ers:
                              • Bynum
                              • J-Rich

Magic:
                              • Affalo