Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Raptors be on the phone with Denver?

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Amir Johnson's will be the rotation of Kenneth Faried. Very capable of starting, and giving fine production at both ends. Another energy player similar to Faried. Amir Johnson can also be used for the amnesty provision (correct if not mistaken) for Denver has not used it yet, to clear up cap space and acquire flexibility with the new CBA.
    mistaken.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Geo, I hate to do it here but you're not answering your PM's(maybe you don't know you are able to send/receive PM's?). Do you want a spot in the NFL Dynasty league as you expressed interest but never got back to me. There is only one spot left so you might lose out if you don't act soon.
    lol i completely forgot but ya i just joined

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, ha, fair enough. Welcome aboard! We have full league now. Good stuff.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    But Landry is the better defender, rebounder, and outside shooter. Of course, Demar is the better overall scorer, but IMO Fields is the better overall player up to date
    Landry shot 26% form 3 point territory last season. Though DeMar isn't a great outside shooter either I wouldn't say Landry has an advantage there. I'll say that Fields has higher basketball IQ (right now), but he doesn't have any of the physical abilities which allows DD to get his shot over almost any SG. DD's mid range shot is improving nicely and he has WAY more upside that Fields. I think the gap between Fields' and DD's defense will narrow in time as DD's basketball IQ develops. Coach Casey will also have a full training camp to get him going.

On another note I think DD has a bit more in common with Lowry and T. Ross which should motivate him to get better and Ross should push him during practice. The absence of Weems, his former best buddy, may have had an advers affect on him last season. No facts to back that up however, but I'm expecting DD to take a good sized step forward this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Mega props to Uriji for what hes done for that franchise. He's kept them fiscally responsible while somehow becoming more competitive. Does that ever happen?

Nevermind he's the one GM who had the balls to trade a disgruntled superstar and end up a better team.
    I think it's as much a knock on Melo. He's supposed to be this amazing "superstar", he gets traded and his former team improves while his new team falls below expectations while he clashes with a highly respected coach and gets him axed.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kuh wrote: View Post
    Um ... the poster suggests that Denver can amnesty