Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Raptors be on the phone with Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Raptors be on the phone with Denver?

With Iggy headed to Denver they don't need 3 starting calibre SF's. Should they be calling about the availability of either chandler or gallo or is fields good enough compared to those 2. With afflalo gone it looks like Iggy will start at the 2 but I imagine he'll also play the 3 at some points.

Maybe they feel Iggy or Chandler can slide to the 2? To answer your question I think the Raptors should be on the phone with all 29 other teams.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Maybe they feel Iggy or Chandler can slide to the 2? To answer your question I think the Raptors should be on the phone with all 29 other teams.
      Calderon + Derozan + Amir/Ed should net us a very solid wing.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

You best believe that Colangelo will be on the phone with Ujiri congradulating him on getting Iggy and of course he will inquire about Gallo.

Colangelo wants Gallo in Toronto, in fact having Bargnani and Gallo on the same team will make Colangelo orgasm on the spot.

The only question is what would the Raptors be willing to part with in order to get Gallo and what would Denver want in return?! maybe they want Kleiza back

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          You best believe that Colangelo will be on the phone with Ujiri congradulating him on getting Iggy and of course he will inquire about Gallo.

Colangelo wants Gallo in Toronto, in fact having Bargnani and Gallo on the same team will make Colangelo orgasm on the spot.

The only question is what would the Raptors be willing to part with in order to get Gallo and what would Denver want in return?! maybe they want Kleiza back
          I've learned not to be so ignorant, and no,. I've decided, time to let Demar go if he doesn't perform up to his expectations.

My questions is, Which of Chandler, Gallo, or Iggy would they be willing to part with? The likely one in that list is Chandler, being Gallo is quite the offensive player with good potential, and Iggy arguably an elite wing in the league.

Chandler will be making $5,930,415 million next season, approx 25$ million left on his 4-year contract. Now the next question is... Is Chandler that much better than Fields? Chandler will be slightly cheaper, but Chandler is coming off an injury and only average play with the Nuggets this past season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9paxcb6

Toronto Receives: SG/SF - Corey Brewer - $3,243,000 million 1-year expiring end of next season
          SF - Wilson Chandler - Approx 25$ million 4 years

Denver Receives: F - Amir Johnson - $6,050,000 million 3-years Approx. 18$ millions
          SG - Demar Derozan - $3,344,250 1-year expiring end of next season

Toronto clears out the log jam at the 4, and is able to create a diverse and versatile wing rotation of Fields, Chandler, Kleiza, Ross, and Brewer.
          Also, able to receive a cheaper expiring deal in Brewer's contract, and avoiding the large asking price on behalf of Demar's contract.
          With the trade deadline approaching throughout the season, or into next off-season, Jose's contract will be off the books, clearing up nearly $10 million in cap space.

If Brewer is not resigned, and Jose is used on the amnesty provision, traded, or walks away, a possibility of 13$ million freed cap equals for good flexibility.

Demar Derozan is a young, talented, promising guard with the ability to score. High level of athleticism, and potential. If lives up to the potential, could very well be a steal, if stays in the level at now. Denver receives a very capable shooting guard off the bench, to make a solid 6th man, and solid wing rotation with Iggy, Gallo, Derozan. Demar will be asking for a larger contract, but not at the amount Wilson Chandler is receiving. Making it a win-win situation financially and on the court.

Amir Johnson's will be the rotation of Kenneth Faried. Very capable of starting, and giving fine production at both ends. Another energy player similar to Faried. Amir Johnson can also be used for the amnesty provision (correct if not mistaken) for Denver has not used it yet, to clear up cap space and acquire flexibility with the new CBA.

Toronto: 2012-2013 Season Training Camp

PG: Lowry, Jose, Lucas III
          SG: Fields, Ross, Brewer
          SF: Chandler, Kleiza, Anderson
          PF: Bargnani, Davis, Acy
          C: Valanciunas, Aaron Gray

Denver: 2012-2013 Season Training Camp

PG: Lawson, Miller, Stone, Hamilton
          SG: Iguodala, Derozan, Fournier
          SF: Gallinari, Q. Miller
          PF: Faried, Johnson, Randolph
          C: Mcgee, Mozgov, Koufos

I think if we wanted one of Denver's wings, it would most likely be Chandler Denver parts with IMO, so this is a suggestion for Chandler.

EDIT* The one attractive thing IMO, that Denver receives, is letting go of Chandler's contract, and acquiring Demar Derozan. Amir Johnson can be used as a trade-able asset, amnesty, however Denver chooses to use him, two players that can help financially and or on the court.

This is far more realistic than Bargnani for Melo...
          Last edited by ReubenJRD; Fri Aug 10, 2012, 04:28 AM.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I was just about to type this.

Comment

Should Raptors be on the phone with Denver?

Man,

Harrington, Afflalo and lottery protected 1st Rounder for Iguodala..... We could have offered a better package !

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
                Man,

Harrington, Afflalo and lottery protected 1st Rounder for Iguodala..... We could have offered a better package !
                Did Philly want him going to an atlantic division/eastern conference rival though? Personally, I don't think so - especially a team that had the possibility of knocking them out of the playoff picture with AI added, Bynum or no Bynum.

Comment

This is a double post. I am not sure where the best place for it to go is:

Denver is now looking like this on the wings (not sure of the positioning George Karl has in mind ):

SG: AI, Hamilton, Fournier
                  SF: Gallo, Chandler, Brewer, Miller

I'm not sure they would be looking for a trade.

They AI, Gallo, and Chandler as the main wing rotation with Chandler and AI capable at 2-guard. Hamilton, Fournier, Brewer, and Miller can fight for scraps as Brewer is an expiring contract, Fournier is on a 4 year rookie deal, Hamilton has 3 years left on his rookie deal, and Miller.... is he even signed yet?

Where Denver is thin is at PF. C is more than covered with McGee, Mosgov, and Koufos. Faried is the starter at PF. They signed Randolph who is still a major question mark. That is it for PF.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
                    Man,

I think its become abundantly obvious, MLSE let the wrong guy go .......

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Where Denver is thin is at PF. C is more than covered with McGee, Mosgov, and Koufos. Faried is the starter at PF. They signed Randolph who is still a major question mark. That is it for PF.
                      There has gotta be something we can offer them in terms of PF depth for one of these wing players. I cant imagine Denver being ok with three solid to elite players at the 2/3.

Comment

Quito wrote: View Post
                        There has gotta be something we can offer them in terms of PF depth for one of these wing players. I cant imagine Denver being ok with three solid to elite players at the 2/3.
                        In terms of making a difference right now, the only 2 players on the Nuggets the Raptors would likely be interested in (assuming AI is not available) are Chandler and Gallo. By trading a wing to clear the log jam, I doubt Denver is going to be taking back another wing so no current Raptor wing is shipped out. Jose is definitely not needed in Denver so then CBA rules become an issue on the Raptors end. Then there is the question of how much of an upgrade would Chandler and Gallo both be? Gallo does have injury history and Chandler is coming off major hip surgery.

Now if a third team was involved, that would change everything.

As an aside, I would not be opposed to this deal: Ed Davis for Jordan Hamilton and a first round pick (one of Denver 2013 or 2014 or New York 2014 - preferably a 2013 pick).

Comment

Is Chandler an upgrade over Fields? Yes, yes, and HELL YES!

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            I've learned not to be so ignorant, and no,. I've decided, time to let Demar go if he doesn't perform up to his expectations.

My questions is, Which of Chandler, Gallo, or Iggy would they be willing to part with? The likely one in that list is Chandler, being Gallo is quite the offensive player with good potential, and Iggy arguably an elite wing in the league.

Chandler will be making $5,930,415 million next season, approx 25$ million left on his 4-year contract. Now the next question is... Is Chandler that much better than Fields? Chandler will be slightly cheaper, but Chandler is coming off an injury and only average play with the Nuggets this past season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9paxcb6

Toronto Receives: SG/SF - Corey Brewer - $3,243,000 million 1-year expiring end of next season
                            SF - Wilson Chandler - Approx 25$ million 4 years

Denver Receives: F - Amir Johnson - $6,050,000 million 3-years Approx. 18$ millions
                            SG - Demar Derozan - $3,344,250 1-year expiring end of next season

Toronto clears out the log jam at the 4, and is able to create a diverse and versatile wing rotation of Fields, Chandler, Kleiza, Ross, and Brewer.
                            Also, able to receive a cheaper expiring deal in Brewer's contract, and avoiding the large asking price on behalf of Demar's contract.
                            With the trade deadline approaching throughout the season, or into next off-season, Jose's contract will be off the books, clearing up nearly $10 million in cap space.

If Brewer is not resigned, and Jose is used on the amnesty provision, traded, or walks away, a possibility of 13$ million freed cap equals for good flexibility.

Demar Derozan is a young, talented, promising guard with the ability to score. High level of athleticism, and potential. If lives up to the potential, could very well be a steal, if stays in the level at now. Denver receives a very capable shooting guard off the bench, to make a solid 6th man, and solid wing rotation with Iggy, Gallo, Derozan. Demar will be asking for a larger contract, but not at the amount Wilson Chandler is receiving. Making it a win-win situation financially and on the court.

Amir Johnson's will be the rotation of Kenneth Faried. Very capable of starting, and giving fine production at both ends. Another energy player similar to Faried. Amir Johnson can also be used for the amnesty provision (correct if not mistaken) for Denver has not used it yet, to clear up cap space and acquire flexibility with the new CBA.

Toronto: 2012-2013 Season Training Camp

PG: Lowry, Jose, Lucas III
                            SG: Fields, Ross, Brewer
                            SF: Chandler, Kleiza, Anderson
                            PF: Bargnani, Davis, Acy
                            C: Valanciunas, Aaron Gray

Denver: 2012-2013 Season Training Camp

PG: Lawson, Miller, Stone, Hamilton
                            SG: Iguodala, Derozan, Fournier
                            SF: Gallinari, Q. Miller
                            PF: Faried, Johnson, Randolph
                            C: Mcgee, Mozgov, Koufos

I think if we wanted one of Denver's wings, it would most likely be Chandler Denver parts with IMO, so this is a suggestion for Chandler.

EDIT* The one attractive thing IMO, that Denver receives, is letting go of Chandler's contract, and acquiring Demar Derozan. Amir Johnson can be used as a trade-able asset, amnesty, however Denver chooses to use him, two players that can help financially and or on the court.

This is far more realistic than Bargnani for Melo...
                            raptors dont get any better with this trade....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Is Chandler an upgrade over Fields? Yes, yes, and HELL YES!
                              Post injury though?

Comment

Working...
                              X