Lowry/ Calderon/ Lucas

We now have the solid 3 we needed and clear logjam at 4

Denver

Mcgee/ Koufos/ Mozgov
    Faried/ Johnson/ Randolph
    Igoudala/ Chandler/ Brewer
    DeRozan/ Fournier/ Hamilton
    Lawson/ A.Miller/ Stone

Get the starting 2 and backup 4 they needed after the igoudala trade, for a 3 where they had an extreme logjam. DeRozan will fit perfectly in their system.

As much as I like Gallinari, I think that the price is a little too high. Amir and a second rounder for Gallinari sounds a fair price to me. Maybe two second rounders. If this is done though, we would have a log jam at SF. Something that would need to be addressed.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
      As much as I like Gallinari, I think that the price is a little too high. Amir and a second rounder for Gallinari sounds a fair price to me. Maybe two second rounders. If this is done though, we would have a log jam at SF. Something that would need to be addressed.
      You must be dreaming if you think we can trade a bad contract and two second rounders for Gallinari.

Comment

In terms of talent Demar and Gallineri are equal. To trade him(Demar) along with Amir and a second rounder is too high a price. Amir and two 2 nd rounders for Gillinari may be in slightly in Toronto's favor in terms of talent but would be Denver's favor financially. For this reason they make the trade.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

if denver would do this i would be all over it. gallinari would be our best player.
          http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3...nilo-gallinari

guy is 6'10 and plays the 3. amir and a second rounder for a 24 year old match up nightmare(sarcrasm here). the italian stallions would drive front lines fucking insane.

bc get this done
          Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Aug 11, 2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

In terms of talent Demar and Gallineri are equal. To trade him(Demar) along with Amir and a second rounder is too high a price. Amir and two 2 nd rounders for Gillinari may be in slightly in Toronto's favor in terms of talent but would be Denver's favor financially. For this reason they make the trade.
            Lets take this one step at a time so I dont overload your brain. His name is Gallinari. NOT Gallineri or Gillinari. Second, I'm sorry but Demar's value is not even close to Gallinari's. Third, How is this in Denver's Favour financially? Lastly, I give you this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Comment

Haven't watched the video yet but I will. Before we proceed any further let's(hopefully) maintain a sense of decency when we interact with each other. Do we have to? No. Does it speak of a persons character? Yes. My response to the trade proposal is ridiculous to some(their opinion) but it is my response. Obviously my response is not approvable to some and that is natural. We are all different. What I have not done though is disrespect or offend anyone. Not intentionally. If one stoops as low as correct spellings to insult the mis-speller, this person better not have mis-spelt a word before.

Positive response to this post = Learn and grow.

Negative response = Get offended and hit back.

Hope I got all the spellings right.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Haven't watched the video yet but I will. Before we proceed any further let's(hopefully) maintain a sense of decency when we interact with each other. Do we have to? No. Does it speak of a persons character? Yes. My response to the trade proposal is ridiculous to some(their opinion) but it is my response. Obviously my response is not approvable to some and that is natural. We are all different. What I have not done though is disrespect or offend anyone. Not intentionally. If one stoops as low as correct spellings to insult the mis-speller, this person better not have mis-spelt a word before.

Positive response to this post = Learn and grow.

Negative response = Get offended and hit back.

Hope I got all the spellings right.
                +1

Comment

I'm back with some numbers.

STATS(Career):

D Gallinari - 14 pts. 1.7 assists 4.5 rbs.

D Derozan - 14.1 pts 1.5 assists 3.4 rbs.

SALARIES:

D Gallanari - 4 yrs. remain at 9439 mil., 10146 mil., 10859mil. and 11559 mil.

A Johnson - 3 yrs remain at 6050 mil., 6500 mil. and 7mil

If trade is made Denver saves 3389 mil. in 1 st yr., 4359 mil. in 2 nd. yr., 4559 mil. in 3 rd yr and do not have the 4 th yr.

Gallanari is a good player to have on one's team. Far from a franchise player.

R Gay(17.9 pts. 1.9 asts. 5.7 rbs), if I'm right isn't an all star yet. Never will be a franchise player. Is Gay good? Need I answer that.

Watched the video BTW. My response : Refer to my previous post.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I'm back with some numbers.

STATS(Career):

D Gallinari - 14 pts. 1.7 assists 4.5 rbs.

D Derozan - 14.1 pts 1.5 assists 3.4 rbs.

SALARIES:

D Gallanari - 4 yrs. remain at 9439 mil., 10146 mil., 10859mil. and 11559 mil.

A Johnson - 3 yrs remain at 6050 mil., 6500 mil. and 7mil

If trade is made Denver saves 3389 mil. in 1 st yr., 4359 mil. in 2 nd. yr., 4559 mil. in 3 rd yr and do not have the 4 th yr.

Gallanari is a good player to have on one's team. Far from a franchise player.

R Gay(17.9 pts. 1.9 asts. 5.7 rbs), if I'm right isn't an all star yet. Never will be a franchise player. Is Gay good? Need I answer that.

Watched the video BTW. My response : Refer to my previous post.
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3...nilo-gallinari
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3978/demar-derozan

take a look at the shots it takes for them to put up the same numbers. give dani boy 4 more shots a game and he is a 20 ppg scorer on 14 shots. gay/demar/gallinari, i am taking gallo everytime. he is a great player. only thing i don't like is his go to for the foul move where he dips his head down to make it look like he is trying to blow himself and plays for the call.

edit here is gay too
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3005/rudy-gay
                    takes him almost 17 shots for his points

Comment

just looking at it all closely it is actually pretty tight between gay/gallo. both head and shoulders of dd though

Comment

If I had to choose between the three, my order would be 1) Gay 2) Gallo 3} Demar

Note that I did not start this thread. I was simply responding by saying that the proposed trade was too costly for Toronto.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Your opinion is your opinion, but I believe this trade is a steal for Toronto. Your third post was much more rational and respectable than your first two. But let me explain why this is a steal for toronto. Gallinari is only 24, and is already an average starting SF in this league, and would be the starting SF for the Raps for 8+ years. DeRozan is an inconsistant, offensive-minded shot chucker. We have Ross and Fields and DeRozan's value to the Raptors is no longer huge. Amir is a 4/5 on a bad contract, with low trade value. The Raptors are a young team, the 2013 draft is very weak, and I don't think Colangelo would get anything productive out of it. (refer to his second round draft history, most recently Acy?!?) this is a steal for the Raps but it could go through because of Denver's extreme logjam at 3, with three starting caliber players, and the fact that DeRozan fits perfectly in their system.

Comment

I agree with talent wise Demar and Gallo are equal, so if in any other case, trading Derozan for Harrington (not on the team anymore by the way), and two second rounders would be equal? Doesn't sound good.

I just reversed what you said, and from that, I don't think Amir and two second rounders would net us Gallinari. In my opinion though.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                              Lets take this one step at a time so I dont overload your brain. His name is Gallinari. NOT Gallineri or Gillinari. Second, I'm sorry but Demar's value is not even close to Gallinari's. Third, How is this in Denver's Favour financially? Lastly, I give you this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
                              I really like Gallinari. I think he could be in the running for Most Improved Player this season. Before his injury last season he was putting up some great numbers as I had many people attempting to pry him from my roster in my fantasy league. I think he is MUCH better than DeMar. I would jump up and down if this trade happened.
                              Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Working...
                              X