Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: chisholm on chandler

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    That's the problem... Gay and Gallinari are really the only upgrades who are also young enough to be able to grow/develop with the Raps' current core group. Deng, Granger and even Iguodala are all pushing 30 and likely only have 3 peak years left, which is realistically the time when guys like Valanciunas & Ross will be peaking. Prince is even older and I think he's been on the decline for a few years already.

I really don't think Gallinari is even available. He was the key return for 'Melo and was having a breakout season last year, blossoming into a true star. I think he'd be the last wing Denver traded away, unless they were getting a true superstar back in return.

For me, it keeps coming back to Gay, whether I want it to or not. He's the only player that fits all the criteria I have for a young, stud wing. The main questions are: 1, will Memphis make him available and 2, what would they want for him (either from us, or that we'd need to acquire in additional moves).

It very well might wind up being that keeping the current wing rotation is the best option, at least for the next year or two.

Deng is only 27 (birthday in April). So I wouldn't classify him as old just yet. But yes, I'd rather have Gay over Deng any day of the week. I'd be okay with the current wing rotation. I wonder if MKG or Barnes will be available in 1 or 2 years

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    ...I wonder if MKG or Barnes will be available in 1 or 2 years
    Sure they will...if they disappoint at the NBA level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information