Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: The Ridiculous Amount of Stupid Trades that are Filling up our Trade Proposal Forum!

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The Ridiculous Amount of Stupid Trades that are Filling up our Trade Proposal Forum!

    First off, I understand that this is a fantasy trade proposal forum and people can post whatever trades they want on the forums. That being said, it's getting really annoying people are posting ridiculous trades without thinking the trade through. Some of them don't make any sense to any of the teams (Raptors or trading team). Some of them don't even work because one of the team are way above the salary cap after the trade. I know this is fantasy trade proposal forum where people can pretend that they are BC, but there should be a limit to how ridiculously stupid and unrealistic the trades get. If you're a rookie and it's like your first few times posting on RR, please at least do some research or thinking before posting trades and put down your rational behind the trade for ALL teams involved (not just the reasons why the Raptors would do it). Is it that hard to check the NBA trade machine before posting? Is it that hard to make sure that both sides benefit from the trade before posting? People who don't even put any thought into their trade before posting clearly is not providing anything useful to the trade forums. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but it's getting rather aggravating when a good 80% of the trades on the trade proposal forum (as of late) have been absolutely ridiculous unrealistic! Thoughts?!?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    amen brother

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You know what, I thought about this. I have no problem with the crazy trade ideas. The majority of time, they provoke thought. While I rarely see trades that I would do, or that work well, the majority of the time, the idea makes me think about the team in a different way. Isn't that really what the forum is about?

    That, coupled with the fact that there is really little you can do about it, leads me to the conclusion that you should just stop worrying about it. If you see a trade that is so stupid it frustrates you, just ignore it.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    You know what, I thought about this. I have no problem with the crazy trade ideas. The majority of time, they provoke thought. While I rarely see trades that I would do, or that work well, the majority of the time, the idea makes me think about the team in a different way. Isn't that really what the forum is about?

    That, coupled with the fact that there is really little you can do about it, leads me to the conclusion that you should just stop worrying about it. If you see a trade that is so stupid it frustrates you, just ignore it.


    Totally agree. The only solution to the problem is to stop getting frustrated, annoyed or worried about it. After all it's just a Trade Proposal Forum. Let's not make too much of it. It's a Forum for ideas. Good ideas, ridiculous ideas and whatever. Let members feel free to post what's in their mind. They come here in their free time with the hope of having some fun. I don't see why they shouldn't have it. If one doesn't want to read what's posted, he doesn't have to.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Should put up a survey. How many viewers even look at the trae proposals. The way I read through the posts is just hitting "What's New." Everything that's a trade, I go the the last page and don't even read it. I just immediately hit "What's New" again. My apologies to the intelligent trade proposals, but nobody reading this forum has even 30% of the information necessary to propose a realistic trade for the Raptors. They don't have the stats, psych profiles, video on past performances or anything like that. Only the analysis from essentially fan sites (which most of the trade proposers haven't even looked at), nothing like the detailed financial breakdown necessary and no idea of the offensive and defensive strategies the coaches are trying to implement.

    No wonder 90% of the trades look stupid, and only 1% of suggested trades actually occur (450 players in the league playing 5 different positions...some proposals are bound to be right from sheer chance).

    I was just thinking of starting a thread to ask how many members even read more than the title of the trade proposals, but this thread is close enough.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    You know what, I thought about this. I have no problem with the crazy trade ideas. The majority of time, they provoke thought. While I rarely see trades that I would do, or that work well, the majority of the time, the idea makes me think about the team in a different way. Isn't that really what the forum is about?

    That, coupled with the fact that there is really little you can do about it, leads me to the conclusion that you should just stop worrying about it. If you see a trade that is so stupid it frustrates you, just ignore it.
    That's the whole reason I read Trade proposals. They provoke some thought and my interest, but as of late, all they provoke are massive facepalms. It's so obvious that they don't even think of the trade they post before posting it. Take tenforthewin for example. He doesn't even think before posting like 3-4 team trades. Half of his trades don't even work on the trade machine. So basically, one of my favorite section of the forums is pointless. You don't know how excited I get when see a trade proposal from top people in these forums such as Matt52 or Ceez.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OK, I'll bite.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7xmb37c

    It works for the Raptors.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    OK, I'll bite.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7xmb37c

    It works for the Raptors.
    We should actually make a contest out of this. Who can make the absolute worst trade? That actually might be rather amusing. How many teams can we ruin with one trade?

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default LeBron decides to take his talents back to Cavs and he's bringing some friends

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    We should actually make a contest out of this. Who can make the absolute worst trade? That actually might be rather amusing. How many teams can we ruin with one trade?
    lol how's this?

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=99u7jr4

    The ironic/funny thing about this trade (Not that it's even remotely possible) is that the trade machine actually predicts that if you trade LeBron, Wade, and Bosh for the entire Cavs team, the Cavs still come up on top in the trade according to the trade machine. That is too funny...

  10. #10
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amen

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am sure you can concoct a multi-team trade in which one of the teams would end up with 13 centers and nothing else; it would be as realistic as almost all of the posts in these forums.

    I only read the trade forums once in a blue moon if I am really bored and/or I need some laughs.

    It does not bother me that people post crazy trades because they in no way influence reality. If it amuses them and makes me laugh, where's the harm?

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    this is a fantasy forum. To all the people that are complaining, I want to see you guys make a trade that YOU see as legitimate and not "stupid and unreasonable blah blah blah", and then we'll be the judge of that
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ancaster, Ont (Via Serbia)
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Totally agree. The only solution to the problem is to stop getting frustrated, annoyed or worried about it. After all it's just a Trade Proposal Forum. Let's not make too much of it. It's a Forum for ideas. Good ideas, ridiculous ideas and whatever. Let members feel free to post what's in their mind. They come here in their free time with the hope of having some fun. I don't see why they shouldn't have it. If one doesn't want to read what's posted, he doesn't have to.
    At first I was in agreement with Blacklash2K4 then I realized the purpose of these forums. The likely-hood of ANY idea making it to BC's desk is slim to none at best (even the 20% or so "logical or intelligent ideas"). So might as well have fun.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    this is a fantasy forum. To all the people that are complaining, I want to see you guys make a trade that YOU see as legitimate and not "stupid and unreasonable blah blah blah", and then we'll be the judge of that
    Thus why I don't post trades. If you can't post reasonable trades, just don't! As simple as that!

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie Garbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Thus why I don't post trades. If you can't post reasonable trades, just don't! As simple as that!
    But who decides what a reasonable trade is? Maybe we should elect a board; a trade oversight committee if you will. All trades can be submitted to this group of individuals and they can sort through the teams wants and needs, contact management to see who's really on the block, and ultimately decide which trades are feasible.

    Another idea is that we could designate a whole page for trade ideas and only go to that page if we feel like reading silly trade ideas. Less maintenance.

    Sorry. The only thing that bothers me more than unrealistic trades are when people continue to go back to the unrealistic trades and stress themselves (and the rest of us) out about it.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dudes, check my new unrealistic trade out its reallllllllly stupid, I bet MJ would sign off on it all day long tho.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8sw7dtk

  18. #18
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's the thing. This is a fan forum. As long as you play within the rules, you're respectful and non abrasive, you're entitled to say anything you like. That includes posting outlandish trade proposals.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There is nothing wrong with a fantasy trade. Trying to see what it would take to get James, Paul and Durant on the Raptors is okay. The issue that I have as well is when a trade attempt is made but it cannot be done due to the CBA rules.

    A simple test in the ESPN trade machine should validate if the trade is even possible. However I find that half the time that simple test is not even done.

    For those types of trades, I just ignore the thread and move on though.. no harm no foul. Could be a bit annoying but over half the stuff on the internet these days are annoying so it's no big deal.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    828
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The main reason people are hesitant to post trade proposals is the fear of it being criticized. As we all notice, most of the time very nastily. I commend those who despite the nasty criticism keep on posting proposals. I have no doubt in my mind that if the nasty criticism stopped more people would be in-hesitant in posting their ideas, hence we'd see the so called realistic proposals. My opinion.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •