Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ridiculous Amount of Stupid Trades that are Filling up our Trade Proposal Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Dudes, check my new unrealistic trade out its reallllllllly stupid, I bet MJ would sign off on it all day long tho.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8sw7dtk
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Here's the thing. This is a fan forum. As long as you play within the rules, you're respectful and non abrasive, you're entitled to say anything you like. That includes posting outlandish trade proposals.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a fantasy trade. Trying to see what it would take to get James, Paul and Durant on the Raptors is okay. The issue that I have as well is when a trade attempt is made but it cannot be done due to the CBA rules.

A simple test in the ESPN trade machine should validate if the trade is even possible. However I find that half the time that simple test is not even done.

For those types of trades, I just ignore the thread and move on though.. no harm no foul. Could be a bit annoying but over half the stuff on the internet these days are annoying so it's no big deal.

Comment

The main reason people are hesitant to post trade proposals is the fear of it being criticized. As we all notice, most of the time very nastily. I commend those who despite the nasty criticism keep on posting proposals. I have no doubt in my mind that if the nasty criticism stopped more people would be in-hesitant in posting their ideas, hence we'd see the so called realistic proposals. My opinion.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Here's the thing. This is a fan forum. As long as you play within the rules, you're respectful and non abrasive, you're entitled to say anything you like. That includes posting outlandish trade proposals.
              Thx, Mango for the voice of reason. Couldn't have stated it better. A lot of times, the so-called ridiculous stuff is coming from newbies or younger posters who simply haven't learned the etiquette or are still developing a mature style. Some of these posters will become the new generation who will make great contributions to this board in the future as long as they aren't brow beaten and discouraged by the established group.

I saw this happen on other boards where the 'regulars' jumped on newbie posts like a pack of rabid wolves and eventually the board died out. As long as they do as you said, then no problems.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                Thx, Mango for the voice of reason. Couldn't have stated it better. A lot of times, the so-called ridiculous stuff is coming from newbies or younger posters who simply haven't learned the etiquette or are still developing a mature style. Some of these posters will become the new generation who will make great contributions to this board in the future as long as they aren't brow beaten and discouraged by the established group.

I saw this happen on other boards where the 'regulars' jumped on newbie posts like a pack of rabid wolves and eventually the board died out. As long as they do as you said, then no problems.
                +1

If you don't like the trades, don't read them.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                  You know what, I thought about this. I have no problem with the crazy trade ideas. The majority of time, they provoke thought. While I rarely see trades that I would do, or that work well, the majority of the time, the idea makes me think about the team in a different way. Isn't that really what the forum is about?

That, coupled with the fact that there is really little you can do about it, leads me to the conclusion that you should just stop worrying about it. If you see a trade that is so stupid it frustrates you, just ignore it.
                  *in secretary voice*stress sponge
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    *in secretary voice*stress sponge
                    Ahaha brilliant.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                      The main reason people are hesitant to post trade proposals is the fear of it being criticized. As we all notice, most of the time very nastily. I commend those who despite the nasty criticism keep on posting proposals. I have no doubt in my mind that if the nasty criticism stopped more people would be in-hesitant in posting their ideas, hence we'd see the so called realistic proposals. My opinion.
                      Posting a "bad" trade is one thing, since it's totally subjective and everybody has their own opinion.

I would recommend posters do a few simple things before posting any trade, which should hopefully prevent a lot of unnecessary blowback:

1. Confirm that every player involved in the trade is actually on the roster of the team trading them (ie: don't trade a player who has actually become a free agent

2. Confirm that every player involved in the trade can be traded (ie: there are no CBA-related restrictions on them)

3. Try the trade in ESPN's Trade Machine, to ensure it works in accordance to the CBA (should also help address points #1 and #2 most times)

4. Put yourself in the position of GM for each team involved in the trade and consider the trade objectively and honestly, from each team's perspective. If you honestly think the trade is good for and in the best interest of each team, both financially and on the court, both for the immediate and long-term future, then post it, otherwise tweak it or disregard it. If you're putting the trade together and aren't feeling it from one of the other teams' perspective, chances are other posters will call you on it. Be honest, be fair... and make a note in your post if you realize it may not be a 'perfect' trade, since at least that way you can start a discussion about the general trade idea (ie: some trades could be rationalized with "only if team X falls out of the playoff race early" or "only if team X is looking to shed salary" etc... since that will help frame the discussion and limit the more obvious criticism).

Just my 2 cents, but I think these ideas will help, both veteran posters and newbie posters alike! :-)

Comment

Okay. From now on, I'm fine with people "expressing" their opinion on a horrible lopsided trade. HOWEVER, there is a massive difference between posting a horrible lopsided trade and posting a horrible lopsided trade that can't even possibly happen. A trade that is lopsided is okay I guess if people don't realize it. But a trade that involves players that don't exists on the team anymore or a trade that doesn't even work in accordance to the CBA is just pushing it! I'm mainly talking about tenforthewin's trades....

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                          Dudes, check my new unrealistic trade out its reallllllllly stupid, I bet MJ would sign off on it all day long tho.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8sw7dtk
                          Lmao -19 for the kings. Did they even get 19 wins last season?

Comment

All said and done, I must say that I miss Blacklash2k4's involvement in trade proposals. Made for very interesting reading.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                            X