Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ridiculous Amount of Stupid Trades that are Filling up our Trade Proposal Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ridiculous Amount of Stupid Trades that are Filling up our Trade Proposal Forum!

First off, I understand that this is a fantasy trade proposal forum and people can post whatever trades they want on the forums. That being said, it's getting really annoying people are posting ridiculous trades without thinking the trade through. Some of them don't make any sense to any of the teams (Raptors or trading team). Some of them don't even work because one of the team are way above the salary cap after the trade. I know this is fantasy trade proposal forum where people can pretend that they are BC, but there should be a limit to how ridiculously stupid and unrealistic the trades get. If you're a rookie and it's like your first few times posting on RR, please at least do some research or thinking before posting trades and put down your rational behind the trade for ALL teams involved (not just the reasons why the Raptors would do it). Is it that hard to check the NBA trade machine before posting? Is it that hard to make sure that both sides benefit from the trade before posting? People who don't even put any thought into their trade before posting clearly is not providing anything useful to the trade forums. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but it's getting rather aggravating when a good 80% of the trades on the trade proposal forum (as of late) have been absolutely ridiculous unrealistic! Thoughts?!?

amen brother
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

You know what, I thought about this. I have no problem with the crazy trade ideas. The majority of time, they provoke thought. While I rarely see trades that I would do, or that work well, the majority of the time, the idea makes me think about the team in a different way. Isn't that really what the forum is about?

That, coupled with the fact that there is really little you can do about it, leads me to the conclusion that you should just stop worrying about it. If you see a trade that is so stupid it frustrates you, just ignore it.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
        You know what, I thought about this. I have no problem with the crazy trade ideas. The majority of time, they provoke thought. While I rarely see trades that I would do, or that work well, the majority of the time, the idea makes me think about the team in a different way. Isn't that really what the forum is about?

That, coupled with the fact that there is really little you can do about it, leads me to the conclusion that you should just stop worrying about it. If you see a trade that is so stupid it frustrates you, just ignore it.

Totally agree. The only solution to the problem is to stop getting frustrated, annoyed or worried about it. After all it's just a Trade Proposal Forum. Let's not make too much of it. It's a Forum for ideas. Good ideas, ridiculous ideas and whatever. Let members feel free to post what's in their mind. They come here in their free time with the hope of having some fun. I don't see why they shouldn't have it. If one doesn't want to read what's posted, he doesn't have to.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Should put up a survey. How many viewers even look at the trae proposals. The way I read through the posts is just hitting "What's New." Everything that's a trade, I go the the last page and don't even read it. I just immediately hit "What's New" again. My apologies to the intelligent trade proposals, but nobody reading this forum has even 30% of the information necessary to propose a realistic trade for the Raptors. They don't have the stats, psych profiles, video on past performances or anything like that. Only the analysis from essentially fan sites (which most of the trade proposers haven't even looked at), nothing like the detailed financial breakdown necessary and no idea of the offensive and defensive strategies the coaches are trying to implement.

No wonder 90% of the trades look stupid, and only 1% of suggested trades actually occur (450 players in the league playing 5 different positions...some proposals are bound to be right from sheer chance).

I was just thinking of starting a thread to ask how many members even read more than the title of the trade proposals, but this thread is close enough.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post

That's the whole reason I read Trade proposals. They provoke some thought and my interest, but as of late, all they provoke are massive facepalms. It's so obvious that they don't even think of the trade they post before posting it. Take tenforthewin for example. He doesn't even think before posting like 3-4 team trades. Half of his trades don't even work on the trade machine. So basically, one of my favorite section of the forums is pointless. You don't know how excited I get when see a trade proposal from top people in these forums such as Matt52 or Ceez.

Comment

OK, I'll bite.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7xmb37c

It works for the Raptors.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                OK, I'll bite.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7xmb37c

It works for the Raptors.
                We should actually make a contest out of this. Who can make the absolute worst trade? That actually might be rather amusing. How many teams can we ruin with one trade?

Comment

LeBron decides to take his talents back to Cavs and he's bringing some friends

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  We should actually make a contest out of this. Who can make the absolute worst trade? That actually might be rather amusing. How many teams can we ruin with one trade?
                  lol how's this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=99u7jr4

The ironic/funny thing about this trade (Not that it's even remotely possible) is that the trade machine actually predicts that if you trade LeBron, Wade, and Bosh for the entire Cavs team, the Cavs still come up on top in the trade according to the trade machine. That is too funny...

Comment

Amen
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I am sure you can concoct a multi-team trade in which one of the teams would end up with 13 centers and nothing else; it would be as realistic as almost all of the posts in these forums.

I only read the trade forums once in a blue moon if I am really bored and/or I need some laughs.

It does not bother me that people post crazy trades because they in no way influence reality. If it amuses them and makes me laugh, where's the harm?

Comment

this is a fantasy forum. To all the people that are complaining, I want to see you guys make a trade that YOU see as legitimate and not "stupid and unreasonable blah blah blah", and then we'll be the judge of that
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                          Totally agree. The only solution to the problem is to stop getting frustrated, annoyed or worried about it. After all it's just a Trade Proposal Forum. Let's not make too much of it. It's a Forum for ideas. Good ideas, ridiculous ideas and whatever. Let members feel free to post what's in their mind. They come here in their free time with the hope of having some fun. I don't see why they shouldn't have it. If one doesn't want to read what's posted, he doesn't have to.
                          At first I was in agreement with Blacklash2K4 then I realized the purpose of these forums. The likely-hood of ANY idea making it to BC's desk is slim to none at best (even the 20% or so "logical or intelligent ideas"). So might as well have fun.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            this is a fantasy forum. To all the people that are complaining, I want to see you guys make a trade that YOU see as legitimate and not "stupid and unreasonable blah blah blah", and then we'll be the judge of that
                            Thus why I don't post trades. If you can't post reasonable trades, just don't! As simple as that!

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              Thus why I don't post trades. If you can't post reasonable trades, just don't! As simple as that!
                              But who decides what a reasonable trade is? Maybe we should elect a board; a trade oversight committee if you will. All trades can be submitted to this group of individuals and they can sort through the teams wants and needs, contact management to see who's really on the block, and ultimately decide which trades are feasible.

Another idea is that we could designate a whole page for trade ideas and only go to that page if we feel like reading silly trade ideas. Less maintenance.

Sorry. The only thing that bothers me more than unrealistic trades are when people continue to go back to the unrealistic trades and stress themselves (and the rest of us) out about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X