No announcement yet.

Which raptor are you looking forward to watching next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted of JV, but it's probably a tie between JV and Lowry. I'm not expecting JV to make that much of an impact as a rookie. Lowry, however, giving the keys to the starting position could really impact the tone of the team, this year. So yeah, pretty much a tie.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Its Lowry first as his play will set the tone for the season and JV a very close second as we have no other starting caliber Center's and we're going to need him to play decent for us to have a playoff chance

Comment

I chose Lowry. He's designated as our PG of the future and so I'd like to see what we get with that. I'm definitely interested in seeing JV play but he's going to have an Ed Davis type of rookie season I think. Not too many minutes and will probably make some bone headed plays as he's getting adjusted to the new league.

Comment

DeMar because this year decides how big his contract gonna be
          (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            I'm looking forward to watching Kyle Lowry next season. I'd like to see if he brings some swagger to the team and how it affects guys like DeMar, T. Ross, JV etc.. My runner up is T. Ross because he looks like he could be a threat on offense once he gets his feet wet.
            my thoughts exactly
            No Dissrespect...
            With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

JV and TR. How the rookies fair is pretty much what I look for every year with the hope that we have landed ourselves a superstar who can help turn the fortunes of this franchise.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Landry Fields. I think I know what to expect from everyone else, but he is a cipher to me. He seems like one of those guys that can help other players be better, kind of Battier style. I'm really pumped up to see what that Eastern European Gangster Kleiza can do when he goes through a season healthy.

Comment

I want to watch Terrence Ross. I get a feeling like he could be a special player. His form is bang on, which means as his confidence grows the buckets will come. Raptors reached for him for a reason. Someone saw something special in order to ignore some other prospects. I want to see it too.

Linas Kleiza. I love his attitude. I love his aggressiveness. I really want to see him finally healthy. Knocking down 25 points against 12 All Stars and a few HOF players is no easy task (yes I realize it was just one game). I want to see the Kleiza that wowed us in 2010 pre-season.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    I want to watch Terrence Ross. I get a feeling like he could be a special player...
                    He's another Battier type that the stats seem to indicate actually helps his team win, even when his own stats aren't outstanding. At least, the Raps stats guys said. That's why he was the next guy on their board after they missed the big three on draft night.

Comment

I'm a point guard myself, so I'm saying Kyle Lowry.

Potentially could be one of our greater point-guards. Also, realistically, outside of Andrea Bargnani, Kyle Lowry has the best bet of being an all-star.
                      I would love to see him with a more talented team than he had last year, with skilled and athletic big men, athletic wings, shooters, etc..
                      Not to mention he's gritty, tough, a very good defender, and he'll leave it on the floor. No more matador defense, and all that hand-clap contesting. As much as I love Jose, for once, I don't get to blame defensive mistakes/blow-bys on the point of attack.

Point Guard of the future. This past season, he was great before the injury, I'm expecting some good things out of him this season.

Also, one person I'm particularly watching is Derozan. It's either his year to come back to the consistent, great play on both ends that he showed in his second year, and top it off with improved play. OR, stay as the same player he is now. Make or Break year folks. Let's hope he doesn't fade under the pressure, because we sure as hell know what he can do.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Kyle Lowry. I also could list AB or Val, but I am looking forward to (hoping) Lowry takes this team as his own from game 1, and passes on his demeanor and style of play to the rest of the team. Maybe I have already drank to koolaid but I think he's gonna blow away expectations this year

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                          Kyle Lowry. I also could list AB or Val, but I am looking forward to (hoping) Lowry takes this team as his own from game 1, and passes on his demeanor and style of play to the rest of the team. Maybe I have already drank to koolaid but I think he's gonna blow away expectations this year
                          I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon myself. Lowry seems to have the type of competitive personality that (I hope) rubs off on some of our "sleepy" players (i.e. Bargnani, DeRozan, Davis).

And the fact that he plays the point, and literally sets the tone on both ends of the court, should magnify his effect on this team.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon myself. Lowry seems to have the type of competitive personality that (I hope) rubs off on some of our "sleepy" players (i.e. Bargnani, DeRozan, Davis).

And the fact that he plays the point, and literally sets the tone on both ends of the court, should magnify his effect on this team.
                            +1 He made a Houston Team this past season play very aggressive. From the get-go, he set the tone from the start, and the team followed.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Another reason I'm looking forward to watching Lowry which I didn't mention earlier is that he is more of an extension of Casey on the floor than Jose because of his toughness in general and on the defensive end. I think Lowry is the type of player that isn't afraid to get into another player for blowing a defensive assignment, imo. Or another way to put it would be he is the type of player that would command the other players' respect enough that they would listen to what he has to say. Jose might have a bit of the "nice guy" persona to command that kind of respect from his team mates.

Comment

Which Raptor do I look forward to ...... for this upcoming Season

Landry Fields - I see him as having potential to be the Most Improved (or Notable) amongst the gang - assuming he plays 26 - 30 min. What pushes him to the top for me, is that off-court personality - looking forward to some great interviews. As a Raptor fan, we really do need some characters to liven things up - just not in the fashion that Hedo attempted.

Lowry - He's the wildcard to Raptor success (for me). Would be very impressed (and thankful), if he cracks the top 5 amongst PG's.

Bargnani - Curiosity killed the cat. Hope it just lets me enjoy having 13 game Andrea, work this kind of magic for 70+ games.

Jonas - I'm holding off till next season for JV, when I think he could make the big leap.

Comment

Working...
                                X