View Poll Results: Which raptor are you looking forward to watching the most next season?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quincy Acy

0 0%
  • Andrea Bargnani

6 10.91%
  • Jose Calderon

0 0%
  • Ed Davis

1 1.82%
  • Demar Derozan

3 5.45%
  • Landry Fields

2 3.64%
  • Kyle Lowry

15 27.27%
  • Linas Kleiza

0 0%
  • Terrence Ross

4 7.27%
  • Jonas Valanciunas

24 43.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which raptor are you looking forward to watching next season

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

JV and TR. How the rookies fair is pretty much what I look for every year with the hope that we have landed ourselves a superstar who can help turn the fortunes of this franchise.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Landry Fields. I think I know what to expect from everyone else, but he is a cipher to me. He seems like one of those guys that can help other players be better, kind of Battier style. I'm really pumped up to see what that Eastern European Gangster Kleiza can do when he goes through a season healthy.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to watch Terrence Ross. I get a feeling like he could be a special player. His form is bang on, which means as his confidence grows the buckets will come. Raptors reached for him for a reason. Someone saw something special in order to ignore some other prospects. I want to see it too.

Linas Kleiza. I love his attitude. I love his aggressiveness. I really want to see him finally healthy. Knocking down 25 points against 12 All Stars and a few HOF players is no easy task (yes I realize it was just one game). I want to see the Kleiza that wowed us in 2010 pre-season.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I want to watch Terrence Ross. I get a feeling like he could be a special player...
    He's another Battier type that the stats seem to indicate actually helps his team win, even when his own stats aren't outstanding. At least, the Raps stats guys said. That's why he was the next guy on their board after they missed the big three on draft night.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a point guard myself, so I'm saying Kyle Lowry.

Potentially could be one of our greater point-guards. Also, realistically, outside of Andrea Bargnani, Kyle Lowry has the best bet of being an all-star.
    I would love to see him with a more talented team than he had last year, with skilled and athletic big men, athletic wings, shooters, etc..
    Not to mention he's gritty, tough, a very good defender, and he'll leave it on the floor. No more matador defense, and all that hand-clap contesting. As much as I love Jose, for once, I don't get to blame defensive mistakes/blow-bys on the point of attack.

Point Guard of the future. This past season, he was great before the injury, I'm expecting some good things out of him this season.

Also, one person I'm particularly watching is Derozan. It's either his year to come back to the consistent, great play on both ends that he showed in his second year, and top it off with improved play. OR, stay as the same player he is now. Make or Break year folks. Let's hope he doesn't fade under the pressure, because we sure as hell know what he can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Lowry. I also could list AB or Val, but I am looking forward to (hoping) Lowry takes this team as his own from game 1, and passes on his demeanor and style of play to the rest of the team. Maybe I have already drank to koolaid but I think he's gonna blow away expectations this year

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote IROR wrote: View Post
    Kyle Lowry. I also could list AB or Val, but I am looking forward to (hoping) Lowry takes this team as his own from game 1, and passes on his demeanor and style of play to the rest of the team. Maybe I have already drank to koolaid but I think he's gonna blow away expectations this year
    I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon myself. Lowry seems to have the type of competitive personality that (I hope) rubs off on some of our "sleepy" players (i.e. Bargnani, DeRozan, Davis).

And the fact that he plays the point, and literally sets the tone on both ends of the court, should magnify his effect on this team.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon myself. Lowry seems to have the type of competitive personality that (I hope) rubs off on some of our "sleepy" players (i.e. Bargnani, DeRozan, Davis).

And the fact that he plays the point, and literally sets the tone on both ends of the court, should magnify his effect on this team.
    +1 He made a Houston Team this past season play very aggressive. From the get-go, he set the tone from the start, and the team followed.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another reason I'm looking forward to watching Lowry which I didn't mention earlier is that he is more of an extension of Casey on the floor than Jose because of his toughness in general and on the defensive end. I think Lowry is the type of player that isn't afraid to get into another player for blowing a defensive assignment, imo. Or another way to put it would be he is the type of player that would command the other players' respect enough that they would listen to what he has to say. Jose might have a bit of the "nice guy" persona to command that kind of respect from his team mates.

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Raptor do I look forward to ...... for this upcoming Season

Landry Fields - I see him as having potential to be the Most Improved (or Notable) amongst the gang - assuming he plays 26 - 30 min. What pushes him to the top for me, is that off-court personality - looking forward to some great interviews. As a Raptor fan, we really do need some characters to liven things up - just not in the fashion that Hedo attempted.

Lowry - He's the wildcard to Raptor success (for me). Would be very impressed (and thankful), if he cracks the top 5 amongst PG's.

Bargnani - Curiosity killed the cat. Hope it just lets me enjoy having 13 game Andrea, work this kind of magic for 70+ games.

Jonas - I'm holding off till next season for JV, when I think he could make the big leap.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm the only one whos feeling Ed Davis. His off season tweets seemed like he was calling this year major improvement or bust. I think he's putting a lot of pressure on himself. He's also entering his third year, the time we might expect to see him pull it together.

There's a lot of new faces that will make this season really exciting tho
    Last edited by koncept; Tue Aug 14th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    I guess I'm the only one whos feeling Ed Davis. His off season tweets seemed like he was calling this year major improvement or bust. I think he's putting a lot of pressure on himself. He's also entering his third year, the time we might expect to see him pull it together.

JV and Lowry should be great also
    Where does Davis get the minutes though? With Bargnani, Valanciunas, Amir and to a lesser extent, Gray, I don't see Casey having many opportunities to showcase Davis (unless Valanciunas and Amir struggle with fouls).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i voted terrence ross because he is the biggest question mark. we've seen everyone else play and have a good idea of what they could bring to the table. but ross could do anything from look like a bust to looking like a future star. i want to see why we reached on him

Post Thanks / Like

Lowry, because i love good PG play. But im also looking forward to seeing what big V (don't actually expect much) and Ross do as rookies.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    i voted terrence ross because he is the biggest question mark. we've seen everyone else play and have a good idea of what they could bring to the table. but ross could do anything from look like a bust to looking like a future star. i want to see why we reached on him
    Im with you .. I voted Ross too. Unfortunately . Ive soured on JV (or perhaps more accurately .. i think I have a view of what he will be something like 8-10 pts, 6-8 boards and 5-6 fouls. I think he will be very helpful defensively .. give our team a motor, etc .. but I dont expect to be surprised by him.

Ross, on the other hand .. could blow me away. He has the tools. Can he put it all together? I really dont know .. but I really like what I see. I hope he eats into DDs and LFs minutes and leaves them in his dust. To me, thats the difference between whether we flounder or make a real playoff push ..

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    Im with you .. I voted Ross too. Unfortunately . Ive soured on JV (or perhaps more accurately .. i think I have a view of what he will be something like 8-10 pts, 6-8 boards and 5-6 fouls. I think he will be very helpful defensively .. give our team a motor, etc .. but I dont expect to be surprised by him.

Ross, on the other hand .. could blow me away. He has the tools. Can he put it all together? I really dont know .. but I really like what I see. I hope he eats into DDs and LFs minutes and leaves them in his dust. To me, thats the difference between whether we flounder or make a real playoff push ..
    I would be ecstatic with that.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As an avid Raptors fan I am shocked and appalled that Aaron Gray wasn't in the poll. What a disgrace.

I call for a recount.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Post Thanks / Like

JV and Bargnani. I believe this is the make or break year for Bargnani. He needs to be a leader and to lead he needs to do all those things he's hated doing over the years. I hoping he steps up because if he does the team takes a large step forward. He's needs to find his bad side and use it.

Post Thanks / Like

All of them

together

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Linas Klieza. I have seen what he can do healthy, and if he stays healthy all year, I think he will be a solid starter at 3. Landry Fields couldn't even get 10 minutes a game for the knocks at the end of last season, what makes you think he can put in 30+ for the raps? Also Ed Davis, I have a feeling this is his breakout year

Thread Information