Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Colangelo trade Bosh before the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Colangelo trade Bosh before the trade deadline?

I know it has been 2 years now since Bosh left but this Dwight Howard deal has me thinking why we received so little for our star player ?

Why didn't we give Bosh an ultimatum to either sign an extension before the trade deadline or be traded ?

Since I became a serious Raptor's fan, we have lost our 2 greatest players Carter and Bosh and received virtually nothing in return !

did you check the "should bc be on the phone with denver thread"

Comment

Colangelo was convinced that he could get Bosh to re-sign on the basis that the Raptors could offer him the most money and that he would be the franchise player (which he stated he wanted to be yet we all know how that turned out).

As for the ultimatum, it would have been tricky. The Raptors were actually fourth in the conference at one point and poised to make a playoff run, which may have convinced Bosh to stay. Also, if he was given an ultimatum and rejected to sign the contract, it would have given the Raptors virtually no time and leverage to make a good deal.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Who is this Chris Bosh guy, I don't remember him, he must have been a bench player. I can't say I miss him.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Everyone can rest easy. I am not going there again!

But what I would recommend is take all the posts from the Denver thread and move them here.

Comment

Are you talking about the guy with the white stuff all over his face after the Heat won the championship?

From now on, everybody on our team is a cornerstone(DD) or a franchise position player (Lowry)

Nobody deserves the title franchise player on our team and neither did Bosh. We bent over backwards trying to accommadate that guzzling hoe and he dipped to hang out with the 8th graders.

From what I rmb we were in a pretty good position at that time for the playoffs. I guess BC was banking on the fact we could offer the biggest contract and progress with a second round exit was enticing enough to keep him. Guess we never thought he would love to be double teamed by wade n lbj.
            Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
            Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
            Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

-_-

The last thing this forum needs to do is look at the past...

C'mon guys, Bosh didn't need us, and we don't need him, so don't look back

Look to the bright future this season!
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

A few reasons...

1 our record as mentioned was good at the time and it looked like we were going to be making playoffs.
                2 LBJ and Bosh were the 1st players to pull tyhis BS super-team stuff. I dont think any of the GM's actually saw this coming.
                3 Bosh was telling lies. saying he wanted to stay when he ha no intention of actually doing it.
                4 Super-team formation was well constructed years in advance (illegal to NBA rules)
                5 Dwight and Bosh are two completely different BEASTS.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
                  we have lost our 2 greatest players Carter and Bosh and received virtually nothing in return !
                  We received the pick that turned into Jonas for Bosh ... amazing deal, giving us a franchise Centre for the next decade.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Time to close the thread....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      +1

May as well try to get an answer to "why did you buy Zynga stock despite my strong objections" out of my daughter.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                        +1

May as well try to get an answer to "why did you buy Zynga stock despite my strong objections" out of my daughter.
                        LOL - what a difference 6 months make, eh?

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          We received the pick that turned into Jonas for Bosh ... amazing deal, giving us a franchise Centre for the next decade.
                          Not quite. The pick was lottery protected as was pointed out to me somewhere in these threads a little while back.

However that pick did turn in to Lowry. Without the restrictions off the pick, the Raps would never have been able to trade the pick to get him.

So updated 2 year later Bosh returns:

Lowry
                          JL3
                          2014 2nd rd pick from SAC

*EDIT*

Yeah, I'm wrong on Lowry see planetmars.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Aug 16, 2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            +11111

Comment

i miss Sean Marks more

Comment

Working...
                              X