Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triano to Portland and National team HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    Pure speculation at this point, but some of these guys are locks to be invited to the training camp

Cory Joseph
    Tristain Thompson
    Andrew Nicholson
    Chris Joseph
    Andy Rautins
    Kevin Pangos
    Kelly Olynyk
    Andrew Wiggins
    Khem Birch
    Anthony Bennet
    Robert Sacre
    Nick Stauskas
    Trey Lyles
    Myck Kabongo

And many more guys should get an invite. They are looking at 20 or so, but I could come up with more than that as there are many guys I have left of the list.
    And Joel Anthony?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      And Joel Anthony?
      Like I said, the list was not complete by any means, Joel just turned 30 this month, he would be a solid veteran presence for the team.

Many more guys like Kyle Wiltjer, Dwight Powell, Olu Ashalou, Melvin Ejim, Junior Cadougan should be on the radar as well.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Here's the list of invites:

http://www.basketball.ca/canada-bask...letes--p151673

Rautins didn't make it! haha
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Six players in the NBA. Things are improving.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
            Here's the list of invites:

http://www.basketball.ca/canada-bask...letes--p151673

Rautins didn't make it! haha
            Neither did Wiggins or Joel Anthony...I am sure there are a few guys who are just not available so they are not on the list.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Neither did Wiggins or Joel Anthony...I am sure there are a few guys who are just not available so they are not on the list.
              Anthony did, but you're right about Wiggins. I find it amusing that Dalembert was also excluded. I wonder if Magloire might venture into the coaching realm in the future...

Comment

Joel is on the list.

I was gonna say Wiggins is too young but there is one other HS player on the list. Although he might be playing one more year right, so maybe he is too young?

Also not sure how these work, but it's an invitational right? Doesn't mean they're necessarily going to show up. They're just hoping they will. I don't know what the story with Rautins is. Dude is injured all the time.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Anthony did, but you're right about Wiggins. I find it amusing that Dalembert was also excluded. I wonder if Magloire might venture into the coaching realm in the future...
                  Who knows what the story is on Dalembert. If my memory serves correct I think he's had clashes with coaches besides Leo. Maybe not the best team player.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Pretty sure the CIA Bounce guys already had tournament commitments, which probably explains some of the CIS guys nobody's heard of being on the list. Wiggins, Ennis and Rathan Mayes will no doubt be involved down the road, especially considering their long track records of representing the country.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                      Pretty sure the CIA Bounce guys already had tournament commitments, which probably explains some of the CIS guys nobody's heard of being on the list. Wiggins, Ennis and Rathan Mayes will no doubt be involved down the road, especially considering their long track records of representing the country.
                      Maybe you have not heard of the CIS guys invited, but I sure have and they all are top level NCAA D-1 talent.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Read on twitter somewhere last night that Rautins wasn't invited because he's injured right now. Unfortunately he's still probably the best shooter Canada has.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I think all of this is BC's evil master plan.

He sent JT over to Portland to sabotage Batum's relationship with the team, then convince him to request a trade to Toronto.

Comment

Interesting article about the new approach Nash/Triano are taking for the Canadian men's team, from TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=403958

I like the idea of getting a long-term commitment from the key players, while also getting young talent involved early (similar to the US select team that DeRozan participated on). Here's hoping that Canadian hoops can become relevant again on the international stage!

Comment

[QUOTE=CalgaryRapsFan;152206]Interesting article about the new approach Nash/Triano are taking for the Canadian men's team, from TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=403958

Great article. It sounds like things might be looking up. Great hopes for Canada in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X