Campaign Contributions by NBA Personnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign Contributions by NBA Personnel

Came across this on Hoops Hype, who claim to have gotten the info from http://www.opensecrets.org/

JOB WORKPLACE DONATION CANDIDATE
    Danny Ainge Basketball operations Boston Celtics $2,500 Mitt Romney

Adam Aron CEO Philadelphia 76ers $5,000 Barack Obama

Clay Bennett Ownership Oklahoma City Thunder $5,000 Mitt Romney

Johnny Bush Ownership Los Angeles Lakers $600 Barack Obama

Vince Carter Player Dallas Mavericks $5,000 Barack Obama

Kerry Chandler Human resources NBA $2,800 Barack Obama

Christopher Dacey Vice president Houston Rockets $250 Mitt Romney

Baron Davis Player - $5,000 Barack Obama
    Rick DeVos Ownership Orlando Magic $5,000 Mitt Romney

James Dolan Ownership New York Knicks $2,500 Mitt Romney

Bryan Doo Strength and conditioning Boston Celtics $250 Mitt Romney

Larry Drew Head coach Atlanta Hawks $500 Barack Obama

Mike Dunlap Head coach Charlotte Bobcats $500 Barack Obama

Andy Elisburg Basketball operations Miami Heat $3,000 Barack Obama

Patrick Ewing Assistant coach - $1,000 Barack Obama

Michael Fennell Vice president Portland Trail Blazers $250 Barack Obama

Michael Gearon Ownership Atlanta Hawks$15,000 Mitt Romney

Dan Gilbert Ownership Cleveland Cavaliers $4,000 Mitt Romney

Rich Gotham COO Boston Celtics $1,000 Mitt Romney

Grant Hill Player Los Angeles Clippers $5,000 Barack Obama

Allan Houston Basketball operations New York Knicks $5,000 Barack Obama

Billy Hunter Executive director NBAPA $1,000 Barack Obama

Ted Leonsis Ownership Washington Wizards $5,500 Barack Obama

Aubrey McClendon Ownership Oklahoma City Thunder $7,500 Mitt Romney

Aaron McKie Assistant coach Philadelphia 76ers $500 Barack Obama

Daryl Morey Basketball operation Houston Rockets $8,500 Mitt Romney

James Olson Vice president Utah Jazz $500 Mitt Romney

Gregg Popovich Head coach San Antonio Spurs $5,000 Barack Obama

Randy Rigby President Utah Jazz $500 Barack Obama

Pat Riley President Miami Heat $7,500 Mitt Romney

Doc Rivers Head coach Boston Celtics $5,000 Barack Obama

Robert Sarver Ownership Phoenix Suns $2,500 Mitt Romney

Adam Silver Deputy comissioner NBA $2,000 Barack Obama

Herb Simon Ownership Indiana Pacers $7,500 Mitt Romney

Barack Obama 19 donations = $53,150
    Mitt Romney 15 donations = $69,500
    Hoops Hype

Food for thought.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Big surprise here. Most of the owners/higher ups seem to have contributed to Mitt Romneys campaign, while the players contributed to Obama's campaign.

Pat Riley, really??? Shame on you Pat. Shame.

Comment

Dolan could only afford $2,500? Come on man...

Comment

not really shocked.... the majority of the owners donating to the rich guy who's looking out for rich guy interests..

black people donating to obama.

i'd be more interested in who white players voted for... at least there wouldn't be a 90% predictability with them.... or a black player who supports romney... that would shock me.

more interesting is the fact that romney has more money with less donations

Comment

Very interesting.

I'm am sure that this model would also apply to the majority of the US... the businessmen (owners) supporting the republicans who look out for the rich man, and the everyday joes (players) supporting the democrats who look out for the people.

Comment

Stern is a big Obama supporter right? I remember reading that somewhere.

Comment

It seemed like anyone who worked for the NBA gave money to obama
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Also I got the totals from hoopshype and didn't do the math myself, so it's possible that the sums are off is someone wants to plug them into an excel sheet and verify that would be appreciated.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                  Big surprise here. Most of the owners/higher ups seem to have contributed to Mitt Romneys campaign, while the players contributed to Obama's campaign.

Pat Riley, really??? Shame on you Pat. Shame.
                  Cuz the owners and the higher ups don't benefit anything from the policies by Democrats. Why would they vote for someone who will make you pay more taxes? I heard a long time ago that Karl Malone is a registered Republican.

Comment

LilRomeo wrote: View Post
                    Cuz the owners and the higher ups don't benefit anything from the policies by Democrats. Why would they vote for someone who will make you pay more taxes? I heard a long time ago that Karl Malone is a registered Republican.
                    Karl Malone is very very right wing. I cant find the link, but I saw he won "Black Republican of the Month", and he has given thousands of dollars to the republican party.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      Karl Malone is very very right wing. I cant find the link, but I saw he won "Black Republican of the Month", and he has given thousands of dollars to the republican party.
                      i know he's an NBA great... and i have nothing but respect for him..

but everytime i hear his name... HE isn't the first thing that pops to my mind....

Jimmy Kimmel playing him on the Man Show does..

Comment

Karl Malone never seen no flying saucer himself, but if he do, that gon be a spooky time.

Comment

LilRomeo wrote: View Post
                          Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter. Obama picked up the torch from Bush Jr. and bailed on virtually all his promises in the process.

Romney will be no better if he wins.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter. Obama picked up the torch from Bush Jr. and bailed on virtually all his promises in the process.

Romney will be no better if he wins.
                            Yup.

Obama is quite possibly one of the greatest let downs in my life.... and I am not even an American.

Hope and change you can believe in became same dance different song.

Comment

I wish they could go back and see during the republican primaries, it'd be hilarious to see who supported some of the more "unusual" candidates...
                              On a side note, Metta World Peace is a huge libertarian, and he is always posting Ron Paul stuff on his Facebook page.

Comment

Working...
                              X