Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Better comparisons for Acy than Reggie Evens?

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A hybrid of Taj Gibson and Pops M-B
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be ecstatic of Acy turns into Faried,
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen him really use his jump shot too much, but if he can be consistent with it I woulc put Acy's ceiling comparison as Horace Grant, basement as JYD and most likely somewhere in the middle like Amir Johnson...wait a second..

Post Thanks / Like

I like Acy compared to a mix of JYD/Evans/Pops. A fringe player with lots of heart & hustle, who rebounds despite his size and leaves it all on the court. A tweener who's too unathletic to be a pure SF and too small to be a pure PF. A player who gives you more than you expect him to, but less than you'd like him to.

Raptors Republic Rookie skywalker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is a throw back.

I remember his dunk competition performance.
    I miss old school dunk competitions where it was all about what you could actually do with a ball and a hoop. No props needed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote skywalker wrote: View Post
    I miss old school dunk competitions where it was all about what you could actually do with a ball and a hoop. No props needed!
    I agree. Now we're seeing things like guys pulling down stuffed animals off the rim with their teeth, that's messed up lol. I say we get rid of props, and throw Ross, JR Smith, Iguodala, and Gerald Green in the dunk contest.

Post Thanks / Like

A shorter (and sober) Keon Clark?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    A shorter (and sober) Keon Clark?
    NEON KEON! Man, I loved watching that guy play. Didn't he set a Raptor record with 8 blocks in 1 game (I think)?

His legs were so skinny, it looked like they would snap with each step, but the guy made rebounding/shot blocking look so effortless. Had a nice elbow jumper too.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, I'm glad no one posted this as a comparison yet:

Luc Mbah a Moute.

Reasoning. Bit of a tweener, but really only because he's an undersized PF. Hardly a polished game, but doesn't try to do things he can't, so he's pretty efficient for a limited player. Rebounds the ball well. Uses his athleticism to his advantage. Great motor. Not a good FT shooter, but tolerable for a rotation big suited to being a backup...
    Still not sure where Acy's going to get playing time, but for some reason I see his game resembling Mbah a Moute's.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mbah a moute is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league though...

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    Mbah a moute is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league though...
    I don't know if I'd agree with that....He can guard SFs pretty well for a guy who's really suited to play PF. He's not a great dribble drive defender, or great at getting in the passing lanes. I think since Acy has similar size and skills, it's the type of player he could be in the NBA, and I think for Acy to be anything more than an end of bench big, he needs to be able to guard some of the SFs or tweeners out there. Josh Smith is a great example of the type of guy Mbah a Moute matches up well against I think, and that we could really use Acy for because we've never had someone to guard players like that.

Thread Information