Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Raptor that will most surprise you this season

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    if they look like last seasons i hope they keep everything on
    So sad.... but so true.

So many hot chicks in Toronto who can't dance it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a surprise if you predict it.

I think DeRozan is going to take a large step forward. He's coming up for contract, the Raptors just used a high pick on a guy who plays his position. He has a lot to prove and should feel a motivated as anyone in the league. Add to that a strong work ethic, he shoots around with Kobe in the off-season and has out of this work athleticism and you have a guy primed for a breakout. It will surprise others if it happens, not so much me.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to be pleasantly surprised by Terrence Ross. It would be great to finally have one of those prospects that comes from the shadows, and makes the league say, "you all passed on this guy?"

... secondly, Ed Davis. I expect little - but hope to be surprised.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    I hope to be pleasantly surprised by Terrence Ross. It would be great to finally have one of those prospects that comes from the shadows, and makes the league say, "you all passed on this guy?"

... secondly, Ed Davis. I expect little - but hope to be surprised.
    I don't think that will ever happen as long as we are talking about the Raptors...although that would be awsome

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he's going to surprise a lot of people on here but Lowry will surprise people with how good he is. To fans who haven't seen him play many times I think he'll be surprising what he brings to the table. I expect to see a ton of Lowry jerseys by the end of the year in the ACC but not many the first few weeks. The city is gonna love his defense and toughness.

Post Thanks / Like

Landry Fields or Quincy Acy. Just put the two guys who have been under the bus lately so to speak. Not so much talk about what they can really do. More so about Quincy being a Reggie Evans and Fields being a bad contract....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Landry Fields or Quincy Acy. Just put the two guys who have been under the bus lately so to speak. Not so much talk about what they can really do. More so about Quincy being a Reggie Evans and Fields being a bad contract....
    I don't see Acy getting much PT with Amir and Ed on the bench though. but i agree with Fields, people are just over exaggerating how bad his contract is

Raptors Republic Rookie Profster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be another trade and the guy coming in will be the surprise!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    I don't think he's going to surprise a lot of people on here but Lowry will surprise people with how good he is. To fans who haven't seen him play many times I think he'll be surprising what he brings to the table. I expect to see a ton of Lowry jerseys by the end of the year in the ACC but not many the first few weeks. The city is gonna love his defense and toughness.
    Good point...sometimes I forget that people don't realize how much Lowry was tearing it up the first couple of months last year. As much as we love Jose for his personality, i think that we'll quickly forget about him once Lowry makes his impact

Thread Information